Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak VermaYour feedback matters!
I am 35 year old. There is red like spot in white portion of my eye. It has from 10 years. But for some time from now it growing. What is this decease. How it decrease.
I have problems in my eye when I study late night or when I sit back benches of my classroom please suggest me what should I do.
I have burning in eye problem how I can remove this. I have visited many hospital like vasan eye care. But I m not getting relax in eye. please suggest where I can go for proper treatment.
Retinal detachment is a condition in which a layer of tissue called the retina gets lifted or pulled far from its initial position in the eye. This can cause a number of symptoms including slight vision impairment and blurred vision as well as pain. The retina is a light sensitive part that can be found in the rear portion of the eye. This part is responsible for sending visual signals to the brain which helps in forming the images that we see when we set our eyes on an object. If a person with this problem is not treated immediately, he or she can suffer from permanent vision loss.
Risks: You are more prone to retinal detachment if you:
- Have had injury (damage or blow) specifically to the eye
- Have as of now had a separation in one eye, then there is an improved probability of a separation in the other eye.
- Have a family history of retinal separation.
- Have weak eye-sight
Here are 10 facts that one needs to know about retinal detachment:
- Once in a while little ranges of the retina get torn. These are called retinal tears or retinal breaks. These can cause retinal separation.
- Obtuse injury, as from a tennis ball or damage by a sharp object in the eye can prompt retinal dysfunction.
- A family history of a disconnected retina that is hereditary could be one of the reasons for this disorder.
- The second eye of a patient with a retinal separation must be inspected by an ophthalmologist immediately.
- High astigmatism builds the danger of a retinal detachment. The danger increases to 2.4% when compared with a 0.06% danger for a defected eye at 60 years of age.
- In the event that you have lost vision in one eye because of a detachment, it can in some cases take a couple of months to get used to seeing with just the one normal eye.
- Laser surgery: Laser surgery can treat little openings and tears in this part of the eye. Little smolders are made around the opening to "weld" the retina once more into the right spot. It is performed in the eye specialist's clinic.
- Individuals taking certain kinds of eye drop that have the danger of building up a retinal separation. Pilocarpine, which for a long time was a pillar of treatment for glaucoma, has for quite some time been used for retinal separation.
- People with incessant irritation of the eye (uveitis) are at a greater danger of suffering from retinal detachment.
- Cross section degeneration of the retina is a kind of diminishing of the outside edges of the retina, which happens in 7% to 10% of the overall public.
I am 22 years old. I have a problem related to my eye. In my eye like a dundruf come on it. Should I do.
I am suffering from rheumatoid arthritis (hlab27; and also have polysctic kidney disease, always feel fatigue. Suggest me some diet to control it. Eye sight also get weak.
As we age we get wiser for our experiences and knowledge, but it is also an accepted fact that our body and organ system get much weaker and there may be little that we can do about it. As we hit the middle ages, we start to experience problems such as wrinkles or greying of hair and general fatigue and tiredness after a short amount of activity. However, the real trouble starts when major system dysfunctions, such as the eyes and the vision.
Simple things like reading a book or a newspaper may become major tasks and it may be time to realise that we may be suffering from presbyopia. Presbyopia is commonly known as farsightedness and this is a problem in which patients find it difficult to see objects clearly when they are too close to the eyes.
How it affects the eyes:
It is a common knowledge that the vision system works with the help of natural lenses and its focal point. When the focal point of vision falls on the lenses, you may be able to experience perfect vision, but when it starts to move slightly off the point you may experience problems in viewing regular things such as printed or written words or even the things on your phone or computer.
Experiencing blurred vision when you try to view closer objects occurs because the elasticity of the lens of the eyes changes and the focal length of the lens changes with it. However, there are a lot of treatment alternatives for the problem and people do not have to start feeling old just because they experience difficulty in vision.
The more conventional treatments for presbyopia include the use of glasses with a power of lens that help in correcting the vision and reading may become a favoured activity again. For those who find the use of glasses to be a hindrance in regular life may also opt for contact lens, which may be a more comfortable alternative for those who may not want to make their problem obvious to the world. In a lot of cases, the people who suffer from the problem of far-sightedness may also choose to undergo surgery for the problem so that it can be corrected completely and no other measures may have to be taken.
Health issues may be a regular occurrence as you advance in age and you may have to find alternatives and treatments that help ease out the situation, but it is most imperative to make sure that you take the best advice from a qualified and certified doctor so that you problem may be diagnosed correctly and you may be able to get treatment suggestions that may cater to your specific body and ailment needs.