Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepak Sharma
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak SharmaYour feedback matters!
I can not sit on my hips for about more than 20 mins! My vitamin is 30 and mri is ok! Suggest me what should I do?
My mother is suffering from Tennis elbow but she don't want to take medicines so is there any advice which is give relief to her at home and what is the medicine for it?
I have a pain in the heel of my foot. Pain is there for over 3-weeks. I'm not overweight Why is it so?
Last Sunday I have an injury in my right knee, I can move my leg but not able to walk properly, what should I do?
Hello Doc, My wife (Aged 27) is suffering from Rheumatoid Arthritis since an year, she is using tablets since last 10 months like (Saaz, Hcqs, called D, neugaba). She was on steroids (Wysolone) for 6 months and she is still suffering from severe pain in the knee joints. Recently from past 2 months she is suffering from plantar fasciitis. Can you please suggest how many months would it still take for her to come to a normal state. Your suggestion will help us alot.
Are you suffering from rheumatoid arthritis and looking for an effective treatment? You can choose homeopathic treatment as it is natural and is free from any side effect. Rheumatoid arthritis is a form of autoimmune disease, which causes inflammation of the joints. The inflammation can be chronic and does not subside on its own. It leads to destruction of your joint tissues. Here are some top homeopathic medicines, which are used for treating rheumatoid arthritis:
- Causticum: This is one of the primary homeopathic medicines used to treat rheumatoid arthritis when there are joint deformities. The patient weakens over time and the muscles lose strength eventually. The patient feels extremely restless during the night and the restlessness is associated mostly with the legs. Contractions in the tendons likely result in deformities and intense pain. The pain is tearing in nature. Due to weakness of the forearm muscles, the patient may not have a firm grip on anything. The pain usually improves by keeping the affected the area warm.
- Caulophyllum: This is an effective medicine for rheumatoid arthritis and is commonly used for women. It is used when small joints are affected more, compared to the larger joints in the limbs. This medicine is mostly used to treat arthritis of fingers of your hands and feet. The pain keeps on changing positions all the time within a small span of time. At one moment, you may feel it on your right hand, and soon after it may affect your left hand. Gradually, it shifts towards the feet as well.
- Colchicum: This homeopathic medicine is usually required during chronic stages of rheumatoid arthritis. It affects several tissues such as periosteum, synovial membranes and other muscle tissues. The inflamed parts turn red, become hot and swollen. The pain is expected to worsen during the evening and night. The fingertips may feel numb and you may feel some joint stiffness as well. A feverish feeling is also likely.
- Ledum Pal: This medicine is used in the cases of rheumatoid arthritis where the rheumatoid starts in the feet and travels upwards spreading to the upper joints of the body. The patient feels cold, but still cannot bear any amount of warmth. The small joints present in the feet are commonly affected. Swelling in the toes and ankles is a common symptom.
- Bryonia: This is an excellent homeopathic medicine for rheumatoid arthritis. It is used when all the joints and joint membranes are swollen and affected. The pain experienced is unbearable and increases with motion. The inflamed joints become red and swollen.
To know the best homeopathic remedy which is ideal for treating your rheumatoid arthritis, you should visit a trained homeopathic practitioner.
A typical forty-minute group hydrotherapy session may include:·
- A warming up with some cardiovascular content·
- Mobilizing exercises against the side of the pool·
- Fun and games·
- Strengthening exercises in supine and prone·
- Trunk and leg stretches·
- A cooling down with neck exercises, breathing exercises and relaxation.
Hydrotherapy is an effective way of treating AS as it provides heat whilst
The warmth of water can relieve pain and muscle pain and
muscle spasm and promote relaxation. Dry-land exercises are most effective
directly after hydrotherapy.
B.CARDIOVASCULAR FITNESS, STAMINA AND MUSCLE ENDURANCE
Physical fitness can be improved by cardiovascular exercise that increases the muscle strength and endurance as well as exercising the heart and lungs.This form of exercise can improve stamina, and enables people to pursue their work and hobbies with greater ease.Circuits in the gym should include a variety of strengthening and stretching exercises interspersed with low-impact cardio-vascular exercises such as the rowing machine and static bike. High-impact activities such as jogging and step-ups can aggravate the weight-bearing joints. Low-impact cardiovascular activities such as swimming, aquarobics, cycling and walking increase stamina and muscle endurance without aggravating the joints.
Cardiovascular exercise can also be undertaken in the hydrotherapy pool.Contact sports such as rugby and football are best avoided as the joints can be aggravated and a fused spine can be at risk from contact with other players.With increased respiratory excursion, cardiovascular exercise helps to mobilize the thoracic joints and maintain or improve chest expansion and vital capacity.Regular cardiovascular exercise has other benefits, including body weight reduction, and protection from heart disease and diabetes. It also can improve sleep, relaxation and well being.
Keep the neck and shoulders under water as much as possible by standing in the correct depth of water. If necessary, bend knees and hips. The faster the movement is performed, the more the turbulence and therefore the greater the resistance.
Count out loud and perform the activity at least 10 times to increase the CV content and respiratory excursion still further.
1. Walk with big strides forwards, backwards or sideways around the edge of the pool. Exaggerate the arm swing and trunk movements. Change direction quickly into the turbulence created.
2. Clasp the hands together under the water straight out in front and swish the arms as far round as possible to right and left.
3. Bend the right knee and reach down to the outside of the right heel with the right hand. Repeat to other side.
4. Hop, touching the right elbow to a bent left knee. repeat to the other side.
5. Lump, punching the right arm forwards and the left leg backwards. Repeat to the other side.