Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak SehgalYour feedback matters!
Hi, actually my cousin suffering from a very ordinery problem she is just 6 years old and she faced loss stool since 3 months and she has swelling on her body very badly now she faced fever. We consult to the doctors they said she is suffering from diarrhea and they admit her but they reveal her with in a week because she was well in hospitals but now again she faced same problem we tired to find out her problem can you suggest us that what kind of disease is it. We will thank full to you if you can help us because they are not financial healthy to consult the doctor again. Thank you.
I forgot to give my baby IPV vaccine. Now he is 9 months shall I start IPV vaccine now is it ok and safe.
My two months old son used to do potty once in a day as per routine, in morning only. But now after his vaccination I am observing he does potty 3-4 times a day. And his diet and feed demands has also increased. Is it a positive sign in his growth or some problem is there, as elders used to say that as the baby grows he does lesser potty, usually once in a day or in two days? Kindly help.
Dr. I have a 4 month baby girl. She has a hair in her forehead. please tell me how it can be removed. Also please tell me can I give juice to my baby?
If you have been diagnosed with asthma, it is important for you to know about the most common triggers of asthma. Asthma is a medical condition, which is characterised by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea. It causes breathing difficulties, tightened chest and coughing. By identifying and reducing your exposure to several asthma triggers, you will be able to manage or control your asthma symptoms and the frequency of your asthma attacks. Here are the most common triggers of asthma you should know about:
Allergies that trigger asthma
Allergies, are common problems and over 80% of people are suffering from asthma and are allergic towards substances like weed pollens, animal dander, dust mites, mould and cockroach particles. Children having large amounts of cockroach droppings in their homes are more likely to develop childhood asthma. Dust exposure may lead to dust mite allergy in asthmatic patients.
Food which triggers asthma
Certain food allergies may lead to isolated asthma, where other symptoms are absent. Patients with food allergies can exhibit asthma as a part of anaphylaxis, which are food induced. The common food items which are associated with allergies include eggs, peanuts, cow milk, soy, fish, wheat, shrimps, salads and fresh fruits. Several food preservatives also trigger asthma. They may include sulfite additives such as potassium bisulfite, potassium metabisulfite, sodium sulfite, sodium bisulfate and many others. These are commonly used in food processing and trigger asthma in sensitive people.
Asthma induced by exercise
Strenuous exercise may lead to the narrowing of the airways in maximum people having asthma. Exercise acts as a primary trigger for asthma symptoms in many people. Patients having exercise induced asthma are likely to feel chest tightness accompanied by coughing and breathing difficulties after completing an aerobic workout session. Although the symptoms subside, they may reoccur within some hours. You should warm up properly and slowly before a rigorous workout session to prevent an asthma attack.
People who smoke are more likely to have asthma. If you have asthma and still smoke, the symptoms of wheezing and coughing worsen. Pregnant women who smoke increase the chance of wheezing in their to-be-born babies. You should absolutely quit smoking if you have asthma.
Infections which trigger asthma
Several infections such as cold, bronchitis, flu and sinus may cause asthma attacks. The respiratory infections, which are viral or bacterial, are a common cause and trigger asthma, especially in children. Asthma is also associated with severe heartburn. According to studies, more than 85% people with asthma also suffer from heartburn. This is a condition known as gastroesophageal reflux disease or GERD. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My baby is 5 month old having Pulmonary atresia with Vsd, one BT shunt operation has been done pls suggest if full correction is possible without open heart surgery. Kuldeep Verma9810881171.
Sir my son is now 2.4 years old. Observed short breathing and little sound from his neck during cold, is it asthma? sir please suggest some medicine.
My 2.5 mnth old son is suffering from stomach pblm. On doctors advice we are giving him flagyl 200 mg/5 ml and azithral. But in morning on an empty stomach after drinking water he gets vomiting. Pls help.
Having a child is one of the most physically and emotionally trying situations that a couple will go through? This is especially true for a mother. The mother goes through a roller coaster of emotional and physical changes as well as other changes in her job and relationship. So, if you are going back to work after having a baby, read this article to gain some perspective!
- Deciding When: Timing is the first thing that matters in such cases. Remember to discuss this aspect with your partner and get some much needed advice from someone who will be sharing the child's responsibilities with you. Also, emotionally the mother has to be ready to leave the child for that duration in order to go to work and be productive. Feelings like guilt and helplessness may overwhelm you at first, but you have to have your coping mechanisms in place when it comes down to it.
- Coping Mechanisms: Speaking of coping mechanisms, let us discuss what all you can do to make a smooth transition from new mother to working mother. Finding support is crucial to begin with. The babysitter or family members who will be the caregiver for the child in those hours when you working, should be someone who you can trust implicitly. It may help to interview and spend time with a new nanny or babysitter before the child is born. This will help in setting a pace, understanding expectations and adjusting to each other even as you build trust. Another coping mechanism includes having someone you can talk to a friend, your parents, your spouse or a co worker. It can be anyone who will be willing to listen and offer you advice when you are feeling overwhelmed.
- Breastfeeding: If you do plan to continue breastfeeding your child, it would be best to discuss this with your boss or a counsellor at your place of work before you decide to get back to work. Ensure that you are given a separate room that is hygienic and well lit so that you can carry your breast pump and operate it there. Or, you can opt for day care within the office premises so that you can see your child and breastfeed him\her at regular intervals.
The choice of going back to work or staying at home after having a baby may not exactly be an easy one to make, but knowing your options and working your way around them with the right coping mechanisms and support can help you in gaining the right perspective that will help you focus on both areas with vigour and love.
My daughter is 3 years old. I have given all the vaccines as per schedule till date. Are vaccines for flu and pneumonia absolutely required to give her?
I have a girl baby 3yrs old. Recently I find out she is having abnormal heart beat like 120 times/minute. What should I do?
I have 3 months male baby since from his birth he had never faced coughing but from two days he is suffering bit of coughing is this is due to climate change. One more thing my wife eating dates from four days n those dates are taken out from fridge please suggest.
I am 12 year old, fungal infection in my tounge since five year. What can I do. Which medicine take.
Diagnosed with ulcerative colitis. Stable on medications. Will have to follow the diet and medicines life long? Can it be cured? Is it a life threatening diseases. Can the sibling also get it?
My son completed 6 months and on mother feed but he is not taking any IRON & CALCIUM syrups. But mother is taking calcium & iron tablets regularly. Pls suggest whether need to start any iron & calcium syrups for my son and if yes then which one. Would like to give any homeopathic supplement.
Hi doctor my baby is 10 month old she has a fever cold and cough 102 F doctor prescribed delcon syrup 2.5ml 3 times, ambrodil syrup 2ml 3 times and advent 2.5 ml 2 times then yesterday we again went to him as the fever was not in control so he gave lariago syrup 10ml one time at night for two days and third day 5 ml then stop he said. Im worried to give my baby 10 ml plzz suggest me what to do.
Proper and sound hearing is essential for a healthy living. If you are suffering from lack or loss of hearing, chances are that you are missing out on life itself. Therefore, it is imperative that you undergo treatments in case you are suffering from any kind of hearing ailment.
There are various reasons that contribute to loss of hearing. Some of the common causes are:
- Increasing noise
- Genetically inherited
Over the years various surgical and non-surgical methods have surfaced that can help repair loss of hearing and damage. Among the other branches of medicines, Ayurveda is the most old and ancient method. It uses natural herbs in order to correct and treat hearing loss. This has proved to be extremely beneficial and potent and it cures hearing ailments with the help of a number of natural methods. Some of them are:
- Lukewarm mustard oil or sesame oil: If you are suffering from ache in ears or loss in hearing, try putting few drops of warm mustard oil and sesame oil in your ear and hold it with index fingers. At the same time store air in your mouth and let your cheeks contract and bulge for a minute or so. This ayurvedic tip considerably improves hearing and reduces ear pain.
- Radish juice and sesame oil: If you are suffering from sores and hearing problems, a mixture of the two can be beneficial. In this method, a small quantity of Radish juice should be boiled with a small quantity of sesame oil, till the juice absorbs the oil. This mixture should be administered twice a day in order to experience the results.
- Applewood oil: A variety of ingredients are required in order to create the resultant oil. Initially cow's urine should be boiled and the applewood powder must be added to it. This mixture should then be filtered and further added with sesame and goat's milk. This concoction is then boiled and the resultant oil should be stored and applied with cotton daily. This improves hearing a great deal.
- Mixture of neem and turmeric: In this method turmeric and neem leaves are boiled together. The steam should be taken as well as the water must be applied on the ears and surrounding areas. This has proved to be an extremely effective remedy in treating pus in the ears and consequent hearing loss.
- Mixture of Radish juice, turmeric, sesame oil and ajwain seeds: All these ingredients must be taken in selective quantities and boiled to get the resultant oil. This oil must be stored and used to treat loss of hearing and other ear diseases.
Related Tip: "6 Signs You Need A Hearing Test"