Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak SarinYour feedback matters!
My new born baby is facing hiccup so many times in a day, so please tell me its normal course or any other issue, thanks.
The stress of a modern lifestyle have taken a toll on the mental health of the population all over the world. Earlier, it was adults who were mostly affected by the problems of depression, anxiety and stress. However, with the passage of time, even children are also suffering from major mental health problems, the roots of which again are anxiety, stress and depression.
Reasons behind it
Be it adults or children, the major cause of health issues is stress. Stress doesn’t only cause mental health problems, but serious physiological disorders as well such as hypertension, diabetes, heart diseases, sexual problems as well as other issues. If the anxiety or stress persists, it would then slowly develop into a pattern of the mind and then become conditioned, thus leading to depression. Nowadays, children are also being afflicted by depression. Similar to adults, depression in children is caused due to any combination of factors that are related to life events, physical health, family history, genetic vulnerability, environment and biochemical disturbance. It should be noted that depression is not just a passing phase. The symptoms are often left undiagnosed as well as untreated. This is because they are passed off as normal psychological and emotional changes that occur naturally during growth.
Some of the typical symptoms are:
1. Loss of interest in pleasurable activities such as hobbies or crafts which were pursued earlier eagerly
2. Loss of concentration
3. Sudden outbursts
4. Sleeping too much or sleeping too little, suddenly waking up early in the morning
5. Constant fatigue, decreased energy and being slower than usual at tasks
6. Excessively low appetite or increased appetite which would thus result in weight loss or binge eating resulting in weight gain
7. The development of physiological disorders which may stop responding to treatment. Many children develop headaches or digestion problems which aren’t resolved by medication.
8. Always sad or irritable or in a depressed mood
9. May find it difficult to sleep or concentrate on work and thus, studies and grades may suffer
10. Extreme and sudden mood changes accompanied by incessant crying
11. Suicidal thoughts
12. Loss of energy as well as lowered self esteem
With children, you have to be extra careful not to ill-diagnose the problems and if they persist for more than a few weeks, you should seek professional help. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
He is 7 years old . And the problem is .he is doing bed wet when he sleep 3 or 4 times in night. So please suggest .
Hi mam or sir. My 9 months old son is suffering from past 4 days with vomit and loose motion. I have consulted doctor it is little bit decreased but be on crying. please tell me how to stop him crying and why he is crying?
My son is 8 years old. He is having a habit of peeing in night on bed. Please suggest how to get rid of this habit?
Adenoids refer to the mass of lymphatic tissue situated at the intersection of the back of the nose and throat. They are a part of the body's immune system and play a noteworthy part in battling infections in kids. Adenoids fight off the microbes and infection that enter the body through the nose. They typically occur in children of five to seven years of age and from that point, they begin to decrease. They vanish when the child gets older. This is the physiological development and relapse of the adenoids. However, permanent adenoids are an issue in view of a number of annoying symptoms they show in a child. The major among these are breathing through the mouth and wheezing because of nasal blockage.
Homeopathic medicines are a very safe option than surgery in kids with extended adenoids. It has been noted that adenoids, when surgically removed, tend to regrow. Homeopathic medicines focus on strengthening the child’s immune system. The cures are as follows:
- Baryta Carb: Baryta Carb is one of the top recorded homeopathic medications for swollen adenoids. It is likewise the medicine to endorse where both tonsils and adenoids are broadened. The child feels sensitive to ice in extremes. The tiniest exposure to icy air causes cough. Cough also shows up at the slightest change in climate. Sneezing and thick yellow nasal release may be seen. Pain in the throat increases on gulping.
- Calcarea Carb: Calcarea Carb is another brilliant homeopathic medicine for amplified adenoids with the tendency to get infected. Calcarea Carb will be recommended where the youngster is exceptionally helpless to cold and falls sick after each such introduction. This weak immune system for diseases brings about broadened adenoids or tonsils.
- Agraphis Nutans and Merc Sol: Agraphis Nutans and Merc Sol are extremely helpful homeopathic medicines for treating ear grumblings because of expanded adenoids. Agraphis Nutans is the best treatment for deafness because of expanded adenoids. Homeopathic prescription Merc Sol is highly used in case of an ear infection connected with swollen adenoids.
- Kali Sulphuricum: Kali Sulphuricum is among one of the top recorded homeopathic solutions for adenoids that regrow after surgery. The symptoms controlling utilisation of Kali Sulphuricum are a blocked nose, mouth breathing and wheezing. Yellow coloured nasal release is also common.
- Ammonium Carb and Sambucus Nigra: Ammonium Carb and Sambucus Nigra are incredibly helpful homeopathic medicines for developed adenoids. A youngster that needs these drugs will have an increased nasal blockage. The nasal hindrance is most set apart around evening time. Breathing through the mouth because of a blocked nose is also very common. Ammonium Carb is likewise used for a seeping nose, particularly in the morning. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
My baby is 7 month old and he taking mother feed and formula feed. But before one week he is not taking formula feed. Due to this day by day his heal keep very low. Give some suggestion what I have to take for eat after mother feed.
Almost all of us have experienced bloating, gas or an upset stomach. Yet some people experience this problem at a chronic level. Gas occurs in the stomach and intestines due to breakdown of food into energy. All of us pass gas, however some people do more than others. An average person passes gas 5-20 times a day.
An upset stomach can often cause problems and can be a difficult battle for many people. Although the symptoms of gas problems often relate to an improper diet, yet other factors may be also responsible.
Causes and Symptoms of Gas Problems
- Swallowing air: The swallowed air which is not burped out, passes through the digestive system and is released through the opening of the anus. Hiccups can also occur if you have swallowed excessive air.
- Diet: The reaction of different foods varies from one person to another. Also foods that lead to odorous gas may also vary from person to person. Yet, spicy foods and dairy products are the most common causes of gas. Example - Beans, cabbage, onions, radishes, eggs, carbonated drinks, sugar, packaged foods etc.
- Medications: Certain medicines and supplements, including prescription drugs, can lead to gas problems and bloating. Further, medications which change the hormonal balance in the body can also cause bloating.
- Medical problems: Certain medical conditions such as Irritable bowel syndrome or bowel obstruction can also lead to an upset stomach.
Common symptoms of gas problems include gas pain, cramping, bloating, diarrhoea and constipation. In the worst of cases, gas and bloating indicate colon cancer. Such people experience rapid weight loss, anaemia and blood in stools.
Modifying your lifestyle, in particular your dietary practices, is essential to a healthy recovery.
- Avoiding foods such as spaghetti, oats, bran, barley, banana, bread etc. which contain high fibre content is important.
- You can opt for over the counter medications after consulting your physician. Homeopathy and Ayurveda can be also opted as alternative forms of treatment.