Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak SarinYour feedback matters!
My daughter is around 1 years 3 months. And she is suffering from tearduct issue. We visited Shankardev naturally in Guwahati and consulted a doctor and she asked that a minor surgery is required. I saw a video of that surgery at YOUTUBE and it's very critical which I will be unable to look after my daughter in that condition. I belongs from Guwahati. Is there any other way out to cure that problem. Issue was like automatic tera starts rolling from her eyes sometimes .Anyone if help me will be highly thankful. Sir there must be a alternative regarding the problem except this surgery. Any massages or anything which can cure her. She is very small and she will not be able to face this. please help anyone. I am really tensed.
Cell phones bring us close to people, but can also have a harmful effect on our health. Studies show that cell phone radiation could be one of the causes for brain cancer. However, this does not stop us from using a cell phone. Unfortunately, some people also allow their children to use cell phones, thus putting them at risk also.
Here are a few tips to reduce your child's exposure to cell phone radiation:
- Limit the use of cell phones: Adding an old school landline to your home can be used not only as a decor element, but functionally as well. When at home, route all calls of your cell phone to the landline. In addition, do not allow your children to use the cell phone as toy to play games on. If you absolutely must, give them the phone to play a game on, but first put it onto flight mode.
- Maintain distance: Start using a headset while answering calls on your cell phone. This allows you to keep a distance between the phone and your body. If children use your phone to answer calls, encourage them to do the same as well. As far as possible do not keep your phone in your pocket for long durations. If the cell phone is used as a morning alarm, ensure that it is not kept under the pillow, but on the bedside table.
- Text: Studies show that texting emits less radiation than voice calls. Make use of group messaging facilities to further reduce the amount of messages you need to send out and in turn the radiation emitted.
- Choose a good case: Some phone cases are built with materials that limit the radiation emitted by the phone. These cases allow the phone to receive signal, but restrict the outgoing radiations, thus protecting the person using the phone.
- Find good signal: Using your phone in an area with good reception will not only let you enjoy an uninterrupted call, but can also protect you against cell phone radiation. This is because radiation and signal strength have an inversely proportional relationship; the lower the signal, the higher the amount of radiation emitted.
- Ethernet cords: Today, an internet connection is a must have in every house. Along with cell phones, laptops and tablets emit radiation as well. To protect your family from this radiation use an Ethernet cord to connect to the internet instead of a wireless router.
My son is 6 months old nd he has hair problem. His hair are not growing as new new born child. His front half head is blank nd rest have very few hairs. Can you pls let me know the solution for this.
Just started on solids like banana mash, pumpkin mash, cerelac, rice puree etc my baby is doing green potty 3-4 times a day. She frequently puts things in her mouth. Please suggest what to do. Is there a need of gripe water, mugli ghutti etc? Do we need to give heeng to kids regularly?
Rohan is a 3 months old baby. When I was holding him in front of cradle, he bent back and his head banged to the cradle, I'm worried will this cause a problem for him in future?
Hi doctor, My 3.5 month old baby girl suffering from cough and cold, could you please help me out with the medicine name and dosage.
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
The primary or milk teeth begins to erupt at about 6 months of life with the complete set in place by 2.5 years of age, and the entire set is replaced by the age of 14. The benefits of some of the preventive dental measures are outlined below.
- Maternal care during pregnancy: The teeth begin to form during the second trimester of pregnancy. It is very important that the maternal diet includes sufficient amounts of calcium, potassium, and fluoride for optimal tooth mineralization. Good tooth structure has greater resistance to decay than hypomineralized teeth.
- Routine oral hygiene: For the first 6 months, though there are no teeth, after each nursing, end it with a spoonful or two of water to wash down the milk. Gradually, the gums can be just wiped with a gauze pad or soft cotton to remove any residual bacteria. The baby also gets used to this habit, and once the teeth are in, there are lesser bacteria for the decay process to begin. Once the teeth begin to erupt, the nursing habits also need to be modified to ensure the baby is not allowed to go to sleep with a bottle. This is a common practice to put the baby to sleep and should be avoided to reduce the occurrence of nursing bottle caries.
- Fluoride application: Fluoride has been shown to have significant benefits in preventing caries. Once routine dental visits begin, then the dentist will be able to tell if fluoride needs to be applied. This can happen either in the form of a gel or varnish that is applied in the dental office or as a paste that is used at home. This helps in building resistance to decay.
- Pit and fissure sealants: The tooth has a number of pits and fissures which are 8 times more vulnerable to decay than other surfaces. Deep pits are shown to harbor more bacteria and thereby greater incidence of caries. There are sealants which are thin resins that can be applied on the tooth, which can reduce bacteria accumulation and further decay.
- Space maintainers: In the event that a child has lost a tooth, either due to trauma or decay and subsequent infection, then a space maintainer should be placed within the next 3 months. This helps in maintaining the space and establishing a good bite during the transition phase and later, once the permanent teeth are in place.
- Orthodontic treatment: If there is malocclusion, then early intervention helps by reducing treatment time and getting better results as the teeth and periodontium are still very elastic and are more malleable to movement.
By doing these preventive measures early in life, the result is a child who has healthier teeth, less decay, less pain, and a happy smile all the time! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.