Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepak Lohati
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak LohatiYour feedback matters!
I feel abdomen discomfort and heartburn acidity at mid night while sleeping than I wake up for vomiting and vomit yellow acidic sour vomiting after than I can't sleep because of dull ache in stomach and then I just feel nausea and acidic lack of appetite. What could be the reason behind this and please tell some solution or home remedy to get rid out of this?
Hello. I am 33 years old female suffering from excess stomach heat and acidity. please provide me some detox diet plan that can be followed once a month.
I am age of 29 male. I am suffering from digestion problem. Can you help me. And I am increasing my weight fastly compare to previous. Now my weight is 76 kg.
Peptic ulcer indicates the growth of painful ulcers or sores in the lining of your stomach, digestive tract or small intestine. Ulcers, though curable, can result in serious health problems if are not treated at an early stage. Peptic ulcers occur as a result of the reaction of pepsin and stomach acid. There are many causes responsible for the growth of peptic ulcers; they are mentioned below:
- Smoking regularly
- Consuming alcohol
- Taking medicines like aspirin, painkillers frequently
- Production of excess acid
- Radiation Therapy
The most common symptoms of peptic ulcer are as follows:
- A burning sensation in the stomach
- Vomiting or nausea
- Pain in the abdomen region
- A burning sensation in your heart
- Loss of appetite and weight
- Passage of blood through stool
Homeopathy offers effective remedies for peptic ulcer. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Crotalus horridus: This is an effective homeopathic medicine for treating peptic ulcer. If you show symptoms of frequent vomiting and passage of blood with vomit, then your doctor may recommend you this medicine.
- Graphites: If you experience a burning sensation in your stomach, your doctor may advice you this medicine.
- Uranium Nitricum: It is usually recommended for ulcers in the small intestine region and gastric ulcer.
- Calc ars: This medicine may be recommended to you by doctors if you show symptoms like pain in your stomach.
- Argentum nit: Your doctor may recommend you this medicine if you show symptoms of vomiting or indigestion.
Along with the aforesaid remedies, a change in lifestyle is also required to cure peptic ulcer completely. Self-medication is never recommended. Above given are just a few of the numerous homeopathic medicines that used to treat peptic ulcer. It is recommended to consult a specilized homeopath.
Dyspepsia is a disorder of the stomach that is characterized by pain in the upper part of the stomach. It is not a single disorder, but is a collection of symptoms such as nausea, burping and bloating. It results when the acid of the stomach comes in contact with the mucosa of the digestive tract. These acids cause a breakdown of the mucosa leading to inflammation and irritation, which leads to indigestion. It may also result from eating disorders or certain medications.
The symptoms of this disorder tend to occur mostly after consuming food and drink. In some cases, the symptoms tend to go away after eating or drinking. The symptoms of dyspepsia are:
- You may feel bloated on a regular basis
- You may experience discomfort in your stomach
- Loss of appetite
- You may experience constant burping
- You may feel nauseous
- Symptoms of heartburn
- You may also experience chest pain and breathing difficulties
- You may be affected by jaundice
The various causes of dyspepsia are:
- Irritable bowel syndrome, which hampers the movement of food through the intestines
- If you are unable to properly digest dairy products
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease that results in reflux of the acids of the stomach
- Any inflammation of the gall bladder
- Various medicines such as aspirin, steroids and antibiotics may lead to dyspepsia
- If you suffer from depression or anxiety then it may lead to dyspepsia
- Excess consumption of chocolate, coffee and alcohol
Dyspepsia may be controlled by modifying your lifestyle. Some of the changes that you may make are:
- Don't sleep immediately after eating, wait for at least two hours before you go to bed
- Avoid spicy foods as they tend to aggravate symptoms of dyspepsia
- Space out your meals, eat multiple smaller meals instead of few large ones
- Restrict smoking and alcohol consumption
- Lose weight as being overweight may lead to dyspepsia
- Avoid wearing tight clothes
- Exercise on a regular basis to keep your body healthy and maintain optimal weight levels
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!