Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak LahotiYour feedback matters!
Sir/mam I got married in 2013. I got operated in Jan this year for fissure. I take too much of stress n it's beyond my control. So I ended up and did operation. Now slight pain is like always there n sometimes it seems severe. I take (aloevera juice) as laxative every day before bed. Can I ever get rid of this pain. N pls suggest me diet that could help. I wud b grateful. N there is brown blood discharge for like 10_12 days after my period. Quantity is very less like one two drops. Is there anything to worry?
Dear sir, I have acid reflux last 5 years and also coughing This gerd so what I do in this situation Please help for this.
Sir I am taking treatment of ACID REFLUX from last 2 month rabeprazole Capsule one a daily . Sir how long treatment will going some time feel better but some time same conditions feel like heaviness or stuck in my throat any risk in this treatment.
Hi doctor from my childhood I am facing the stomach problem weak digestion due to this daily headaches. I often suffer through stomach vomiting now I request you please suggest me any medicine or treatment. So I could get rid of this problem I will b thankful to you.
I am 28 years old male and I have loose motions since more than 10 hours now. I am getting watery discharge and also some burn in the chest region food pipe. I visited washroom more than 20 times now. Please advise what will the be the remedy?
Hello doctors I have gas and acidity problem and sometimes it became so worse that I have pain in my head.
I am suffering from colitis last 8 years, same time very frequent stool passing with white mucus and pain in my in stomach intestine. Please suggest me treatment.
Dear doctor I 25 years old gal last few days I suffering from gas problem. What ever eat I mak gas what is the solution.
I am 26 year old , female. I am suffering from anal fissure and its very painful. I have take acetaphenomyn as pain kill. Still i'm facing this from last one week . Please suggest. After stool comes out .i m feeling lot of pain and some cracks are also there in anus from where I am observing blood. Please help me on this.
A fairly common disorder, which affects the intestines, irritable bowel syndrome affects many adults across the world. If you are suffering from this disorder then you would have problems with bowel movements, mostly the irregularity of it. Sometimes you may suffer from constipation, other times you may suffer from diarrhea and the type of stool will also vary often between thin and hard or soft and liquid.
Common symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome
Some of the common symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome or IBS are as follows:
1. Constipation or diarrhea, the latter of which can become quite severe during certain episodes
2. Gas or bloating which can make you uncomfortable
3. Cramping around the stomach area especially the lower belly which tends to become worse after having food and better after bowel movements
4. Quality of stools may vary quite a lot from time to time such as very hard to lose
5. Stomach may start sticking out and become misshapen
6. May also come with sexual as well as urinary problems
Causes of Irritable bowel syndrome
The causes for irritable bowel syndrome vary from person to person. This disorder usually has triggers and yours may be different from someone else suffering from the same problems. However some general triggers and causes could be:
1. Hormonal problems - This is especially the case with women who tends to suffer From IBS more than men. Hormonal changes in the body such as before and after pregnancy and menopause or periods are known to be common.
2. Dietary causes-This is one of the major external triggers that have been reported by people. A variety of foods are known to have triggered or cause IBS. Some of the foods that have been implicated are beans, chocolate, cauliflower, cabbage or milk among many others.
3. Underlying illnesses - Sometimes IBS itself may be a symptom of a larger underlying problem such as gastrointestinal disorders, such as bacterial overgrowth and gastroenteritis.
4. Mental health and Stress issues - People going through psychological stress such as before exams or reviews have known to have IBS as stress becomes a trigger in their case. If you have mental health issues in the long run, these are also known to trigger or cause IBS.
Some of the treatment options for IBS are:
II. Mental health counseling
IV. Medications for bowel spasms
V. Medications for diarrhea or constipation
VI. Specialized medications for IBS for other underlying conditions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.