Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepak Lahoti
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak LahotiYour feedback matters!
Sir I am 18 year old male suffering with ulcerative colitis for last five years. For last 6 months number of motion have been increased to 4 to 5 time in 24 hours. Please suggest proper treatment and diet for ulcerative colitis. What should I do ?
I am 25 year old male. When I have travelled on bile 70-100 km, next day in blooding in bathroom after motion. Please guide.
I have a gas trouble problem. The symptoms are, if anything I eat, I feel a gas trouble and I feel in uncomfortable to my stomach. And not interested to eat other foods.
I am 26 year old , my tsh value is 6.52 .I have fatty liver also. I am taking thyronorm 50 mcg last one month. Pls suggest me.
Hello sir I am rehan and I am asking you about I have gas problem. overtime my chest is burn. Nd I feel it badly what can I do sir help me.
My stomach isn't good I am suffering from a big problem like acidity, gas problem from 3 years. I consulted many doctors but my problem is not solving.
Sir, I am ved. I am 18 years old. I have digestion problem. Please give some health tips to prevent .
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) or spastic colon is a rather common intestinal tract disease which is characterized by sharp pain in the stomach, stomach gas, diarrhea or constipation. It is a chronic condition whose exact cause, although unknown, is sometimes attributed to the dysfunctional production of the neurotransmitter, dopamine.
There is no particular treatment for IBS. However, the symptoms can be brought under control through various methods. The symptoms of IBS can be controlled by making lifestyle changes such as incorporating certain modifications to your diet and reducing or managing stress levels. For severe symptoms, you may require medications.
Patients may also consider homeopathic treatment for a rather wholesome effect and lesser side effects. The purpose of homeopathic treatment is to stimulate the body’s inner self-balancing mechanisms. In order to achieve this, this person must be provided with the right solution at the right time. Since homeopathy aims at treating the root cause of the problem, the treatment is stretched over a longer period of time. Additionally, homeopathy functions by stimulating the natural healing capabilities of the body. Some of the common homeopathic medications that can be used to treat IBS are listed below:
- Pulsatilla: Prepared from a medicinal plant known as wind flower, Pulsatilla is effective in the cure of IBS with its remedying effect on the gastrointestinal tract.
- Nux Vomica: This too is derived from a plant and has a positive effect on the digestive and nervous system, thereby being effective in the treatment of IBS.
- Sulphur: It is one of the most common choices among homeopathic practitioners for IBS. Sulphur affects the digestive tract and is helpful in the treatment of intestinal gas and constipation. It is usually prescribed for individuals who are rather thin and physically weak.
- Lycopodium Clavatum: This is mainly prescribed for people with diarrhea and stomach gas. This drug acts specifically on the gastrointestinal tract
- Asafoetida: This drug is prescribed when there is a fairly common constriction in the bowel muscles. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!