Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak KhandelwalYour feedback matters!
My mother is diabetes patient. Doctor has prescribed her to take Macvestin (250) for joint pain. Its doses r twice daily .give me advice if is it before breakfast or after food?
Always try to eat 3 proper meals when you are on insulin with light snacks in between. Try to eat one slice of garlic every morning empty stomach as this not only decrease cholesterol but also decreases your blood sugar levels.
Can a diabetic patient eat 5 raisins or big munnakka daily. My mother ia a diabetic patient and has frequent constipation problems so she takes trifala powder daily. Can she include munnaka in her diet.
Please suggest good diet for hypothyroid. I am taking thyroxine 50 mg daily. Please suggest good fruits, vegetables, grains.
My PPBS (60) is low than FBS (80. What are the causes for abnormality. Is it because of more insulin production in body? Can it cause diabetes in future? What kind of food should I eat to avoid it.
Hi. My daughter 61/2 years old was recently diagnosed with hypthroidism with tsh levels about 120. I started her on homeopathy treatment. After 2 months tsh levels came down to around 70 which was again repeated after a month and levels remained same at 70. My query is whether I can continue homeopathy for how long as I am concerned her growth should not be affected. Please guide.
Hello Doctor. I have hypothyroidism since 2 year I am taking thyrox 50 regularly, can I get normal in future or I have to take tablet all long or any other advice for it. Thanks.
How can I planning for sugar balance as the last recorded was 160-240. And what is the best food for this case?
Mmedicine prescibed by docotr for diabetics can be continued, if periodical lab tests shows nothing abnormal. Is there any risk in taking the same medicine continously. Please advise.
Diabetes is a chronic metabolic disorder that results in higher levels of blood sugars in the body. It is assuming epidemic proportions, and India has become the new diabetic capital with more than 50 million diabetic people. The main problem with diabetes is it does not completely go away, and there is a whole myriad of issues that it brings along with it. Heart attacks, strokes, eyesight problems, delayed wound healing, nerve damage and impotence. Therefore, diabetes and by that we mainly mean blood sugar levels have to be managed so that there is a delay in onset of the associated conditions and/or reduced in severity.
Ayurveda refers to diabetes as Prameha (excessive urination) and Madhumeha (sugary urine) and has identified close to 20 forms of the disease. According to Ayurvedic belief, each disease is caused due to imbalance in kapha, pitta, and vata doshas and diabetes is caused by all these, predominantly by kapha. With any stream of medicine, management of diabetes involves two tracks - one is lifestyle changes and the second is medications.
Lifestyle changes include the following:
- Diet: Reduce the amount of rice, sugar, potato, sweet fruits, maida, deep fried foods, and red meat. Protein-rich foods like lentils, soya, green leafy vegetables and fish should be increased. Diet plan should change to small, frequent meals instead of binge eating.
- Exercise: Include 30 minutes of regular exercise into your daily routine if you have a diabetic predisposition.
- Others: Avoid smoking and alcohol, ensure sufficient sleep, avoid sleeping during day time, improved foot and eye care, periodically check sugar levels, and manage stress levels.
Ayurveda has a whole lot of home remedies proven to be very effective against diabetes.
- Jambhul: Eugenia Jambolana whether eaten raw or juice extract has been shown to have beneficial effects in managing sugar levels and cholesterol.
- Gymnema sylvestre: Used to manage diabetes for over 2000 years, it reduces sugar cravings and is being touted as the future for diabetes treatment.
- Bitter gourd (Momordica charantia): It has 3 components that give it strong antidiabetic properties. The charantin reduces blood sugar levels; the polypeptide has insulin-like effects; and lectin that again has hypoglycemic effects.
- Bel (Aegle marmelos): Also known as wood apple, leaves of the plant are shown to have antidiabetic properties. 5 to 10 leaves can be chewed on a daily basis to help control blood sugar levels.
- Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum): Consuming 10 g of fenugreek seeds soaked in water increases the amount of insulin produced, thereby increasing sugar breakdown.
- Neem: Chewing about 4 to 5 leaves in the morning on an empty stomach helps to control blood sugar levels. Alternately, neem leaves powder is available which can be dissolved in water and consumed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.