Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak JainYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor I have a question for my granny she is somewhat 85 year old approx. She hardly have natures call (urine only ). She only have urine at once in morning and the whole day she feel urine pressure but when she visit toilet she doesn't have any urine. Sometimes she has urine 2 - 3 time a day but very little only few drops. This situation is going from a month. My granny don't have any fever at all and she doesn't have any sort of pain. What the matter doctor why she is having so less urine?
I am 61 yrs. Old. In the morning, the colour of my urine is red without using beetroot etc. I am having hyper acidity. Kindly tell me the answer.
You're said to suffer from the problem of acute kidney failure if your kidneys suddenly stop working and lose their ability to eliminate waste materials including excess fluids and salts from the blood. The condition usually develops quickly over a few days or even a few hours. When this happens, waste materials accumulate in your blood, disrupting the chemical balance of your bloodstream.
So, what causes this problem?
Acute kidney failure can occur because of any one of these reasons:
1. A drop or slowdown of blood flow to the kidneys - Adequate blood circulation to the kidneys is of great importance as without it the kidneys may end malfunctioning. If blood flow to the kidney is hampered, a part of or the entire kidney may die. You may suffer from acute kidney failure if blood flow to the kidneys gets impaired due to conditions like
- Heavy blood loss
- Sepsis (body's inflammatory reaction to an infection, which can bring about organ failure, tissue damage, and death)
- Use of certain drugs
- Heart disease
2. Urinary obstructions - A sudden blockage that hampers your kidney's ability to eliminate urine can also bring about acute kidney failure. When this happens, it leads to a build up of toxins in the body, causing an overload of the kidneys. Conditions that bring about this urinary obstruction include:
3. Disease within the kidneys - Even instances of clotting within the blood vessels of the kidneys can lead to acute kidney failure. This is because if the movement of blood cells within the blood vessels gets hampered, kidneys are not able to filter out toxins from the body. The conditions and diseases that may cause clotting, and subsequently damage to the kidneys include:
- Scleroderma (an autoimmune disease that affects connective tissues and skin)
- Build-up of cholesterol deposits
- Glomerulonephritis (an inflammatory condition of the kidney's ball-shaped structures called glomeruli)
- Hemolytic uremic syndrome (a condition that occurs due to untimely death of red blood cells)
- Lupus (a disorder of the body's immune system that brings about damage to the body's own organs and tissues). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a nephrologist.
In my kidney I have stones from six months. Size is 5.8 maximum. I ask just if am I doing abs exercises and running then. Is there any chance of infection in my stomach or kidney.
Can drinking water with lemon prevent kidney stones? Also, I have been told not to drink city water. What is the best water to drink?
Sometimes when I urinate I feel a strong burning sensation. Soon after that frequently urine passes out drop by drop which is very painful. And this happens for 10 minutes. And after that I feel relaxed. I had taken medication on this last year. And the same is happening now. This does not happen all the time. It occurs suddenly. Please guide me.
I am 58 yr old, male suffering from ckd with creatinine-4.2, urea-81, hb-11.8. Can it be recovered? at present I am taking some medicine like- ketostril, nodosis-ds, shelecol-os, febutaz-80mg. Q. Whether these medicine has any action to down the creatinine my question is that what step has to be taken to recover my problem.
My wife age 68 years undergone neurosurgery in 2007 for brain tumor. Slowly slowly she loosing physical existence and even can not grip pen for her signature. She is diabetic also. She is suffering from urine incontinence since last one year. She is using catheter since last six months as she can not control urination. Please advise continuation use of catheter may be harmful and may create some other problem in bladder or otherwise. Alsoplease/suggest/any/treatment/for/her/to/control/urine/incontinuation/at/this/stageoo.
The medical term used for kidney disease is Nephrosis and it is seldom also known as the nephritic syndrome. There are a lot of likely causes for this condition and it is detected by carrying out urine test. The treatment for Nephrosis is a long term treatment and done mainly to prevent kidney failure. The kidney disease is very painful and occurs in people of all age groups. It is very important for people who are new to kidney disease that they know about the nine things they should do to stay strong.
Important information on kidney disease:
- The feeling of helplessness on occurrence of kidney disease can be overcome by educating yourself. Individuals should learn everything about kidney disease and can gain vital information even from the Internet.
- It is very obligatory that the advice of the doctor be followed by an individual suffering from Kidney disease. It is not indispensable that the kidney disease always leads to failure of kidney and to keep your kidney healthy and stay away from any damage, it is necessary to comply with the orders of the Doctor.
- It is very important that you stick to a diet, which would keep you healthy and protect your kidneys from any further damage. You should be mindful on everything you eat and you can gain assistance on your diet from a renal dietitian.
- When you suffer from chronic kidney disease, the blood values become very important to gauge the condition of your disease and whether it is getting worse or stable. From time to time, the healthcare provider would check your urine and blood regularly and he would also monitor your blood pressure and blood sugar.
- You can ask help from the support group and accept their assistance. Your family is your best support system in times of need and so involving them is very important.
- You must make sure that you are getting the proper care you need and you need to educate yourself by communicating as well as asking questions.
- You can feel much better by being active, so do things that make you happy. You can exercise regularly, but after taking advice from your doctor. Your main focus must be to keep your heart healthy.
- A positive attitude is anytime helpful in healing a disease. You can listen to music that entertains your mind and helps you stay positive.
- It is not difficult to stay healthy even with kidney disease, as a positive feeling would eventually help face the kidney disease. You must plan ahead and be ready for kidney transplant without getting worried.
Most importantly, spread awareness and help people tackle the situation without any difficulty.