Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
I am a class 12th student. I am going to appear for the aipmt exam this year. But the chapters which I had remembered throughout the year now I had forgotten all those things. Now I am thinking that I am not able to write any thing in my exam if this situation exists. And because of the depression I want to suicide. please doctor help me.
My husband used to take cigarettes daily. I always asked him not to consume cigarettes but he didn't. he make promises to avoid all this but he cannot. He said that avoiding cigarettes by him create headache. Due to this our relationship become effected. Please give me some suggestions how I can improve his bad habits and also to improve our relationship.
Hello, I smoke since from last 9 years. But from the last week I have stopped smoking and I am taking the nicotex chew gum of 4 mg And from the nicotex I am controlling on my smoking habit I am taking daily 5 chew gum of nicotex I just wanted to know is there any side effects of nicotex 4 mg or if side effects is there of nicotex than what should I do pls help.
I feel a kind of depressed suddenly. And I want to forget some painful past completely. Is there any way to erase those memories?
Sir I have not proper concentration on my study many thoughts in my mind when i study so how can solve my problem.
I was recently prescribed normoz and folic acid by my gynaecologist because my ovaries seemed bulky on ultra sound. I now have skin rashes not related to the above meds and have been given ketoconazole tabs. I am concerned can the three drugs react？
I am consuming everyday medicines for BP, Blood Sugar, cholesterol, blood thinner. All my parameters are normal with these tablets. 4 Years back I had Epilepsy and Hyper tension. And my heart beats were also irregular. In the year 2011 due to these problems I was inserted a Pacemaker, MRI friendly. Also I am taking (in addition to the BP Sugar, cholesterol tablets) tablets for controlling my Epilepsy. My heart beat is normal after the fixing of the Pace maker and I am also free from Epilepsy for the last 4 years. I am leading a normal health, of course with these tablets. With this conditions being Normal, Can I stop the Epilepsy Tablets. For epilepsy I am consuming 3 tablets/ day of Epiliv 500mg and Eptoin 100mg. My health conditions, being normal Can I discontinue the epilepsy tablets? Of course I will continue the other tablets for BP, Blood sugar, cholesterol.What is your opinion and Suggestion?
I have body pains bcoz of depression since 10 years, I am taking treatment, pls tell me natural way to Balance it?
I have been smoking since 4 years now and I am trying to quit but am unable to do so. Please guide me regarding the same and also I wanted to know where can I get a cancer test done with is not expensive. I live in Mumbai.
Sometimes feel like depression and sudden anger, change in mood with time (may be happy or sad ,max sad only)
Hi, I want to quit smoke but I can't. Please tell me some useful tips so that I can't smoke anymore. And I know its all depend on my willpower but still I want some tips.
Depression is a very common emotion you might have experienced at least once during your lifetime. Depression refers to a state of mind when you are feeling low due to persistent sadness and loss of interest. But if the depression is chronic and long lasting for you, then it indicates that you are suffering from clinical depression. Under clinical depression, it is preferable that you go through a proper treatment course by a certified therapist. The Most common types of depressions are:
- Major depression - Under this type of a depression you will be depressed for most days of the week and if this condition extends for a period greater than 2 weeks, then it is a case of major depression. The most common method to treat a major depression is to talk to a mental health specialist and take medications called antidepressants (only after a prescription by a certified doctor).
- Persistent depressive disorder - This is a more severe and long lasting type of depression which is identified if you are depressed over a period longer than 2 hours. The most common symptoms of this type of a disorder are - change in your appetite, too much or too little sleep, lack of energy or fatigue, low self-esteem, trouble concentrating or making decisions, feeling hopeless among others.
- Bipolar disorder - If you are experiencing extreme ups and downs of mood abruptly and without any apparent reason, then you might be suffering from this disorder. This disorder is commonly known as a maniac depression, because during an up phase you will be extremely happy, joyful outgoing and talkative but during the low phase you will be sad, tired and depressed.
- Seasonal affective disorder - This type of a depression might bother you only during the winter season. This happens whenever the days are shorter and your body is not able to get enough of sunlight. This mostly happens in the case of people who are very fond of sunlight, and they prefer the sunshine over dark periods of the night. This disorder is treated by SAD antidepressants and everyday light therapy of 15 to 20 minutes.
- Psychotic depression - Under this type of a depression, you will have a major depression along with some psychotic symptoms like - hallucinations, delusions, and paranoia. Hallucinations mean viewing things that are not there, in reality, delusions are false beliefs or misconceptions and paranoia is the constant fear that somebody is going to harm you.