Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am always thinking and disturbing myself, it won't stop thinking. what should I do? Should I meditate!
I am depressed and all I want to do is sleep, I was prescribed amitriptyline but will it help? How can I stop food cravings with Lexapro? If I drink alcohol will Fluoxetine still work?
One of my friend is addicted to smoking. He is trying hardly to quit smoking but he is nt able to do it. So I just want to know what are the simplest things he can do to quit smoking.
I Am 21 Year Old And I Am Not Able To Sleep From last Previous Days And and Tht Has Resulted In Body Pain. Wat shud I do?
I was having an anxiety problem since my childhood. When I visited the doctor, I was prescribed serlift 100 mg tabs. I continued it for 1 year and then when the dosage was reduced, anxiety symptoms again came back, so I was again under the previous dosage. Recently I was checked and diabetes was caught. It was very high on the initial check (241) And then I am under the medication janumet. The previous doctor I'd trying to reduce the dosage of the serlift tab, but I am again feeling the previous symptoms of stress and anxiety.(Depersonalization disorder) I think stress and diabetes has a direct connection. So should I continue serlift on the initial dosage or should I try to reduce it? Very confused.
I am 27. Hight 4'11" When I talking to unknown girl my body feels shivering and I could not understood that what I should talk with her. May be its psychological problem. Some time before I tried to some narcotic drugs to stop that and it was working but its not a good solution I don't want to use that type of medicines. Please help me if you can. Its harrasing me.
The moment when you learn about your child being autistic can be a life changing moment for you. You might feel all the dreams and aspirations which you built around your child come crashing down on a pile of zilch. However, recent developments in this field show that you can certainly take steps to make your child more comfortable and bond well with them.
Autism related disorder usually begin before the age of 3, when the child starts encountering problems in communication and social interaction. This article tries to help you find a way to deal with an autistic child:
- Learn more about autism: Learn about autism as much as you can; a broad understanding of the causes and symptoms of the disorder can help you understand your child better. This will also enable you to respond to your child’s needs better, both physical and psychological.
- Build a strong support system: It is difficult to parent a child who is suffering from autism. Communicating and interacting with your child might be extremely difficult and problematic. In order to overcome this stress, you should have a strong support network, a support network from which you can draw your strength and logic once you have to take major life decisions for your child.
- Review your treatment options: It is advisable to start treatment immediately after the diagnosis is done. Early treatment can help better your child’s cognitive skills that can help him/her cope better with the surroundings and circumstances. The treatment options include behavioral training whereby self-help or social skills training is used to work on the child’s communication skills and behavior. Specialized therapy is another option whereby the therapies are directed at a particular aspect of the child, primarily speech or physical functioning.
- Focus on your child’s diet: Diet plays an important role in the regularization of any disease. Even in case of autism, deficiency of certain vitamins or minerals makes it very important to analyze the diet and then assess it. Consult with the doctor before making any modification to the child’s diet.
- Behavioral training: Behavioral training is an aspect of autism treatment that allows the child to adapt to various conditions. Before a child undergoes behavioral training, it is advised to assess his/her behavior, functional abilities and the environment your child belongs to. The objective of this therapy or training is to induce desired behavior and get rid of the undesirable ones. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.
I have done something wrong with money and now the news is spread to my parents. They are reacting hard what shall I do now.
When it comes to mental illness, there are plenty of stereotypes. But in reality, mood disorders can be hard to pinpoint?particularly in people with bipolar disorder symptoms.
Here are 10 signs that mood problems may be due to more than a quirky or difficult personality:
Greater Than Great Mood
Bipolar disorder is characterized by up-and-down episodes of mania and depression. During a manic phase, some patients can have a total break from reality. But hypomania, which is also a symptom of the disorder, is a high-energy state in which a person feels exuberant but hasn?t lost his or her grip on reality. ?Hypomania can be a pretty enjoyable state, really,? A person?s mood can be elevated, they may have a lot of energy and creativity, and they may experience euphoria. This is the ?up? side of bipolar disorder that some people with the condition actually enjoy?while it lasts.
Inability To Complete Tasks
Having a house full of half-completed projects is a hallmark of bipolar disorder. People who can harness their energy when they are in a hypomanic phase can be really productive. Those who can?t often go from task to task, planning grand, unrealistic projects that are never finished before moving on to something else. ?They can be quite distractible and may start a million things and never finish them,?
A person who is in a bipolar depressive state is going to look just like someone who has regular depression. ?They have the same problems with energy, appetite, sleep, and focus as others who have ?plain old depression,?? Unfortunately, typical antidepressants alone don?t work well in patients who are bipolar. They can even make people cycle more frequently, worsening their condition, or send someone into a break-with-reality episode. ?Antidepressants can be downright dangerous in people with bipolar because they can send them into mania,?
Some people with this condition suffer from ?mixed mania,? where they experience symptoms of mania and depression at the same time. During this state, they are often extremely irritable. Everyone has bad days, which is one reason this kind of bipolarity is much harder to recognize. ?We are all irritable or moody sometimes,? . ?But in people with bipolar disorder it often becomes so severe that it interferes with their relationships?especially if the person is saying, ?I don?t know why I?m so irritable?I can't control it.??
Some people are naturally talkative; we all know a motormouth or Chatty Cathy. But ?pressured speech? is one of the most common symptoms of bipolar disorder. This kind of speech occurs when someone is really not in a two-way conversation, The person will talk rapidly and if you try to speak, they will likely just talk over you. They will also sometimes jump around to different topics. ?What?s kind of a red flag is when it is atypical for the person to talk like this,? doing it only when they are in a manic cycle but not at other times,
Problems At Work
People with this disorder often have difficulty in the workplace because so many of their symptoms can interfere with their ability to show up for work, do their job, and interact productively with others. In addition to having problems completing tasks, they may have difficulty sleeping, irritability, and an inflated ego during a manic phase, and depression at other times, which causes excessive sleeping and additional mood problems. A lot of the workplace problems can be interpersonal ones,
About 50% of people with bipolar disorder also have a substance abuse problem, particularly alcohol use, . Many people will drink when they are in a manic phase to slow themselves down, and use alcohol to improve their mood when they are depressed.
When they are in a manic phase, people with bipolar disorder can have an inflated self-esteem. ?They feel grandiose and don?t consider consequences; everything sounds good to them,? . Two of the most common types of behavior that can result from this are spending sprees and unusual sexual behavior. ?I have had a number of patients who have had affairs who never would have done that if they weren't in a manic episode?during this episode they exhibited behavior that is not consistent with what they would do normally,?
I have depression and it is not good for me is this side effect of anything or what? Can you please suggest me some yoga or home remedies for this?
Hello Doctor, I am suffering from OCD from last 7 months. I am taking medicines as mentioned below. Please let me know if any side effect and how much time will it take to recover. What are the consequence of this disease.
PTSD is a neurological disorder which affects individuals after experiencing severe traumatic situations. The individuals find it difficult to cope with such situations and often have flashbacks of those moments of trauma. Stress, as a result of the trauma wrecks the normal nervous functioning of the individuals. PTSD can have the following symptoms:
- Flashbacks of the traumatic event
- Nightmares, which are repetitive and severely distressing
- Images from the traumatic event intruding during the day
- Reminders of the event provoking distress
Avoidance or rumination:
- Those suffering from PTSD avoid being reminded of the trauma, such as people, situations or circumstances associated with the event. They try to suppress memories associated with the event.
- Many others ruminate excessively and prevent themselves from coming to terms with it.
Hyper arousal or emotional numbing:
- Hyper vigilance for threat
- Exaggerated sterile response
- Difficulty concentrating
- Sleep problems
- Difficulty experiencing emotion
- Emotional detachment from others
- Giving up activities which mattered before the trauma
- Amnesia for salient aspects of the trauma
How to manage PTSD?
The following tips will help to come to terms with your traumatic episode and ease stress:
- If symptoms are mild, then observing the patient is preferred
- If symptoms are chronic, then trauma focused cognitive behavioral therapy (TF-CBT) proves to be beneficial
- Alternative treatments include eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Comorbid symptoms such as depression, general anxiety and alcohol or substance abuse are secondary to PTSD. PTSD should be treated first and then the associated symptoms should be addressed.
- Mindfulness meditation (not a treatment option) helps in recognizing cognitive dissonances and affected thought patterns and aids in recognizing and overcoming their influence.
Hiiii everybody I am students of Mumbai university. In 12 science I am have only one problems of this month I am not focus to my study so how do you complete my study.
Iam so un healthy. Full body pains. Can you tel me how can I grow my body. I want to fat. Can you please tel me. Wich food can I eat. speedily grow the fat.
There is some job related problem in my life. And its too long now. So I sometimes feel very sad and always depressed and thinks of suicide too.
I had sex with my girlfriend after sex she was sacred of me and later she started running away from me and got breakup does it have any reasons.
When I and my partner get intimate, I usually get and ejection within few seconds as I start doing the actions. I usually get excite and sometimes in anxiety I leave too early, and I don't enjoy that. So please consult me necessary steps so that I can prevent this and last longer with my partner.
My Dad Name Is Babu. Now his Blood pressure is 160/90 and he is little tension also. So how bp will reduce. What diet I can prefer for him And his FBS is 100 mgdl -130 mgdl RBS is 130mgdl - 140mgdl.
In today’s modern, fast paced society, it is easy for people to become stressed. In fact, one would almost think that being stressed is the “in” thing, and if you aren’t stressed it must mean there is something wrong with you! Realistically however, stress is not a good thing for our bodies in general, and has a very real impact on your fertility.
Can Stress Have an Effect on Your Fertility?
If your mind and body is under stress your body is signaled to release a hormone - Adrenalin. This is a stress relieving hormone and gives your body the rush to face the stress. This hormone inhibits the utilization of the hormone Progesterone, which is essential for fertility. Also during stress Prolactin, another hormone, is relapsed which also interferes with infertility. Hence to conceive its essential that your anxiety levels are under control.
How Stress Impacts Fertility?
Recent research tells us that stress boosts levels of stress hormones, such as adrenaline, catecholamines and cortisol, which can inhibit the release of the body’s main hormone, GnRH (gonadotropin releasing hormone), which is responsible for the release of sex hormones. Subsequently this may suppress ovulation in women, reduce sperm count in men and lower libido in both women and men.
Chronic Stress also decreases libido:
Chronic stress may cause lack of libido as well as a decrease in general fertility. This has become such a common issue that they have created a name for it Stress Induced Reproductive Dysfunction. These facts are very important to consider if you have been trying to conceive with no results. It also shows that stress relief should be a part of every couple's conception plan even if they are going through In-vitro fertilization (IVF).
Ways to reduce stress & improve fertility:
If you are having difficulty to conceive, it's imperative that you get fertility tests done and also evaluate your life. Look out for the stress points that may be hindering a relationship. Remember defeating the stress may be the solution to your worries.
- Reduce stress in your life: The issues in your life may be work or result related. You need to learn to balance your personal and professional life. The sooner you do it the better; after all you are preparing yourself to welcome a new born in your life.
- Change your reactions: Get a hang of the situation and react accordingly. Over reaction to a situation can harm your body and mind. Stop bothering so much about the future.
- Let few things be the way they are: Stop getting bothered about people. Remember by nature everything will fall in place. Let few things be the way they are.
- Make it your habit to reduce stress: Call it an obsession or a practice, train your mind to choose options where there is less stress.
- Sleep well: A good rest is essential for a healthy mind and body. Meditate, do yoga or seek counseling. Go for facials if it sooths you.
Please note that if your fertility reports are normal, then it's just a matter of time. Give you, your partner and your body time. There are certain medical complications or disorders that can also be responsible for infertility. Be calm and composed so that you are able to face the rough waters clearly with your partner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.