Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak GautamYour feedback matters!
Because of some personal reasons I have suffered from 5 years of anxiety when I was a teen (from age 15 to 19) and recovered without any medicines. After the anxiety I lived happily for 7 years but after 7 years I have again suffered from 1.5 years of anxiety because of some reasons and again recovered without any medicines. So it was total of 6.5 years of anxiety I suffered. I am not sure about the severity of the anxiety because I don't know how much is severe in case of anxiety. Now I am fine but I have heard constant anxiety causes hippocampus to shrink and now I am worried about my brain that does It has shrinked. I feel my memory and other functions are normal but I am not 100% sure about it. Because I think little bit of shrinkage will not reflect on my memory that much which can be noticed by myself. Please tell me is it possible that after nearly 6.5 years of anxiety my brain didn't shrinked if yes then why it didn't shrinked. And how much time Anxiety or other mental problems like depression takes to shrink the hippocampus. And is the shrinkage permanent or reversible. And if it reversible how can we reverse it.
I am depression patient. Depression causes my hair is loss. Can I use Mintop forte lotion? Pls ans me and its product uses any side effect. This product uses can I better result? Pls reply sir.
I am suffering from body paining and back and neck paining and frequency of urine from teenage years. I have gone through doctor treatment but shows no result. I have taken medicine now.
I am unable to focus for long hours and I am worried because my mbbs 1st year exams are in a week and I need to be focused for long duration. I am practicing meditation and I am able to do it for more than 20 minutes. I am unable to study for more than 4 hours continuously. Kindly advise.
Even if you try to stay happy always, at times it is hard to keep depression at bay. Being depressed can not only make you feel hopeless, less energetic and helpless, but can also adversely affect your mental and physical health. Depression may also disrupt your daily work. So, it is absolutely essential for you to overcome depression before it becomes severe and persistent.
The following ways may help you to deal with your depression in an effective manner:
As depression affects your mood, the common tendency will be to alienate or isolate yourself. But, you must realize that locking yourself up in a room and refusing to communicate with others, can never help you to overcome your depressed situation. You will feel like spending time alone, but avoid doing that and instead connect with others. Make new friends or meet up old pals. You can also spend time with your family members or try and stay connected with others through social media.
While you are depressed, you will not feel like working at all, even the things you love doing will appear to be monotonous. You will be feeling lethargic. But stay away from laziness and set new goals for yourself. Start by setting small goals for yourself that you can easily achieve. This will boost up your confidence and prevent you from feeling worthless.
The common tendency during depression is to skip meals and not getting enough sleep. Try to avoid this. Eat healthy food and try to get some sleep. Before going to bed, you may consider reading or listening to instrumental music to help you to fall asleep.
- Get yourself a new pet. You can engage yourself by playing with your pet or learning new ways to deal with them during your free time. This can also help you to distract yourself from the disturbing thoughts.
- You may also consider learning something new. You may learn a new instrument or a new language. This way you can keep yourself busy.
- Try to take new responsibilities or volunteer for some good cause. This will make you confident and also help you to feel good about yourself.
- Practice yoga or meditation. This will help you to calm down from within and stay more focused. Also, avoid negative thoughts even if they keep coming back to you.
- Avoid darkness for few days. Switch on the night lamp while going to bed at least for a few days. You may not feel good with the light always on and prefer darkness. But, avoid that as much as possible as this will help you to keep away your negative thoughts.
- Most importantly, never give up and try all possible means to make yourself happy again. It will be time consuming but avoid getting frustrated. Inspire yourself and try till you get over your depression completely.
If nothing works for you and in spite of trying everything you are still unable to get over your depression, feel free to seek help. You must visit a psychiatrist and ask for professional help.