Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepak Gautam
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak GautamYour feedback matters!
Doctor I am not able to do control what is going in my mind. When I start to study my mind will remember many songs then I can't study anything. How can I over come this.
Hi, my brother is undergoing treatment for schizophrenia since last 3 years. Can he stop treatment now?
Hi I need to ask you a certain something, what are the ayurvedic approaches to enhance mental ability (fixation, center, counts, memory issues)
My frn shyam have some voice problem, in short you can he has little stammering problem, is this any treatment for himm.
As you know, several scientific studies have proven that smoking is one of the main causes of several serious ailments like cancer, lung diseases, asthma and so on. Pregnant women who smoke not only spoil their own health, but also the health of the lovely kid in their womb. Yet many women wonder whether smoking really affects pregnancy and the answer is quite in the affirmative.
- Cigarette chokes the baby in the womb: It is known that cigarette smoke contains more than 4000 chemicals including lead and cyanide. In fact, it is one of the few products that contain more than 60 different types of cancer causing chemicals and compounds. It would be interesting to note that none among these 4000 chemicals is beneficial to the expectant mother and to the baby in the womb. In fact, cigarette smoke chokes not only the expectant mother, but also the baby inside. As a result, frequent chocking causes serious effects on the health of the fetus.
- Grouped into three categories: Smoking directly affects the health of the fetus. Premature babies, still born babies and underweight babies are some of the results of smoking prior to pregnancy. As a matter of fact, smoking by women could be grouped into three namely smoking before, during and after pregnancy. This issue is further discussed here:
- It is strongly suggested that women planning on pregnancy should stop smoking at least few months before they conceive. In the first place, smoking may affect the fertility of both men and women. Therefore, the couple should stop smoking, if they are planning to have a baby. Further, if the couple does not quit smoking and the woman becomes pregnant, then it can seriously affect the health of the baby.
- Whether you smoke during the first three months or during the last phase of the pregnancy, tobacco can severely harm the health of the fetus. The increase of monoxide in the blood stream caused by smoking tobacco will enter the bloodstream of the mother and also of the child in the womb. Naturally, this will affect the growth of the child. It can cause visual and/or hearing impairment, behavioural problems and also mental disability of the baby.
- Post pregnancy, the mother should breastfeed the baby. Smoking can retard the secretion of milk in the breast. Further, the dangerous chemicals present in the smoke of tobacco will make its presence in the breast milk. Naturally, this will affect the health of the baby.
Keeping in view the best interests of the mother and baby, it is strongly suggested that the couple should stop smoking, if they want to have a baby. After all, the health of the baby and of the couple is a matter of primary importance. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.