Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Avoid cold diets, ice cream, curd, sour things, spicy items, fruits, etc. And take fresh ginger piece and tulasi leaves 4; 5, and prepare paste add two spoon of honey and take every day morning and evening
Hello, I'm 22 years old had sex with my boyfriend on Dec since my date of periods is 17 th I haven't got my periods nearly 1.5 months over I even tried pregnancy test but 2 times also got a negative results I took meprate tablets for 5 days along with that I'm taking iron tablets also and haven't got my periods I'm very scared that I am pregnant Can I take hemoglobin test is there any chance of knowing that we r pregnant pls suggest I'm very scared of this as my mom vl take to hospital But I have symptoms of back pain stomach pain flowing of white liquid.please advice
Hi mam I want to know the main cause of pcos and what exactly happens to the organs of the body in this disease.
I am 32 years male. Married 2 years ago. But still do not have any child. Tried many medicines. Tried many doctors. And lots of home remedies. Earlier doctors detected it as oligospermia. Bt now the reports are good. Is there any special diet or medicine to get rid of this problem. What should be the final list of DO's.
Certain diseases are a major cause of concern as often these diseases can cause severe health complications. Various campaigns and awareness have been spread both by the government and NGOs for practicing safe sex to fight against these sexually transmitted diseases.
Here are a few tips on how to avoid contracting sexually transmitted diseases:
- Selective Abstinence: Selective abstinence is when people indulge in certain sexual activities, but limit in what they do to avoid the chances of contracting sexually transmitted diseases. People who do practice selective abstinence run a lower risk of contracting sexually transmitted diseases, which is also dependent on the type of sexual activity they indulge in as certain sexual acts have a higher chance of spreading STDs than others.
- Using condoms: Using latex condoms decreases the chances of contracting sexually transmitted diseases. If you use lubricants, make sure that they are water based. Condoms are however not 100% effective at preventing sexually transmitted diseases, but reduce the chance of infection to a great extent. It is highly advised to learn how to properly use condoms.
- Mutual monogamy: Another way to avoid getting infected by STDs is to practice mutual monogamy. If you and your partner do not have sex with anyone else, then it greatly reduces the chances of getting infected with sexually transmitted diseases.
- Getting tested: Getting tested for sexually transmitted diseases as well as asking your partner to do so decreases the chances of transmitting sexually transmitted diseases. Refrain from having sex if either of you test positive.
- Avoid alcohol and recreational drugs: Avoiding the usage of recreational drugs and alcohol reduces the chances of contracting STDs. Indulging in sexual activities while being highly intoxicated can both cause you to forget practicing safe sex.
- Practicing healthy habits: Practicing certain healthy habits also reduces the chances of contracting sexually transmitted diseases. These include avoiding sharing towels and undergarments, washing before and after sexual intercourse and getting a vaccination for hepatitis B.
- Low risk and high risk activities: Certain sexual activities such as open mouth kissing and hand to genital contact have a lower risk of infection. Other activities such as oral sex, vaginal intercourse, and genital to genital contact have a higher chance of infection. Understanding the risks better would allow you to avoid contacting diseases easily.
I am 41 year old female have fibroid in my uterus, in every monthly circle I face a terrible pain. Doctors suggest to remove uterus, but I am not able to go through with surgery. Kindly suggest.
We had sex after 2days of periods, I want to know that is this leads to pregnancy, it hand 5 days back.
21 year old girl mc come twice in a month she have some time before pregnant she have some tab abortion so tell me what kind problem she have why she mc come twice in a month.
I'm having delayed irregular periods problem. Unless I'm affected by thyroid please tell me what are symptoms of it?
Is there any medication or treatment in allopathy to cure male infertility. If yes then how long the treatment will go on Pls help us out.
My Wife 30 Weeks Pregnant, She is having Right side stomach pain little bit. But Baby moment good. Please suggest me. Why having this type of pain? Anything wrong?
Itching around vagina but it's around and outside on public hairs. Even I remove hairs it come again.
According to recent statistics only 40% of Indian women opt for preventive health check. Majority resort to self medication and ignore the signs and symptoms of a major illness. Ignorance and neglect leads to complications and fatality. It is important that every woman understands the importance of her health and prevention. Given below are some aspects that ever women needs to consider and implement:
- Physical examination every 2 to 3 years.
- Breast check- to identify early signs of breast cancer. Mammography- every 1 to 2 years after the age of 40 years.
- Screening for thyroid should be done at regular intervals.
- Screening for diabetes- every 3 years after the age of 45 years.
- Screening for cholesterol and blood pressure - every 5 years after the age of 35 years to reduce the risk of heart diseases.
- Women should undergo screening for osteoporosis. Bone mineral density test helps to identify problems early and treatment should be started to prevent fractures.
- Eye examination is essential after every 1 year to prevent eye related problems.
- PAP Smear test - Women at the age of 21 to 30 should undergo a pap smear test every 3 years. This is an essential test for checking cervical cancer. After the age of 30 years. PAP smear+ HPV test should be done every 5 years.
- Screening for ovarian cancer- a vaginal ultrasound is recommended to patients with a family history of cancer in ovary or any pelvic pain should undergo this test.
Consult for any abnormality:
Most importantly if you detect any abnormality in your body it is essential that you consult a doctor immediately. Ignoring or neglecting the signs and symptoms can complicate matters.
My normal periods date is 15th of every month. I got my periods on 15th of August. I had unprotected sex on 20th August midnight. He ejaculated inside so I took ipill on 22nd August late in evening. After that I had a breakthrough bleeding from 29th August to 4th September which can be effect of ipill. This time I didn't get my periods on 15th September. I took a self pregnancy test on 23rd September. The result is negative. But I am worried about why I am not getting normal periods. Is my menstrual cycle got changed because of consumption of ipill? Should I take a pregnancy test again after a week or so?
In ayurveda, charak samhita describes eight different types of bodies that are disease prone. Out of these, the obese body is described as the one afflicted with the most diseases and troubles. Obesity is the condition or physical state of the body when excessive deposition of fat takes place in the adipose tissue.
Extra fat puts a strain on the heart, kidneys, liver and the joints such as the hips, knees and ankles and thus, overweight people are susceptible to several diseases like coronary thrombosis, high blood pressure, diabetes, arthritis, gout, liver and gall bladder disorders. Chief cause of obesity is overeating, irregular eating habits and not following the rules of eating or mixing non-compatible food items in one meal.
To decrease weight and get rid of obesity three things must be kept in mind:
1. Controlling eating habits.
2. Regular exercise.
3. Avoiding the causes of weight gain
Diet recommended to lose weight
Juice of half a lemon mixed in a glass of warm water and a teaspoon of honey.
Wheat or mung bean sprouts and a cup of skimmed milk.
A glass of orange, pineapple or carrot juice.
Salad of raw vegetables such as carrot, beet, cucumber, cabbage, tomatoes. Steamed or boiled vegetables whole grain bread or whole wheat chapatis (indian bread) and a glass of buttermilk. Roasted cumin seeds, green coriander leaves, a little salt and some grated ginger mixed in the buttermilk.
Coconut water, dry fruits, lemon tea, fresh vegetable soup
Whole grain bread or chapatis, steamed vegetables, seasonal fruits except banana and apple.
Home remedies for losing weight
--increase the quantity of fruits and vegetables and low calorie foods.--avoid intake of too much salt as it may be a factor for increasing body weight.--milk products like cheese, butter etc. And non-vegetarian foods should be avoided as they are rich in fat.--mint is very beneficial in losing weight. A chutney of green mint with some simple spices can be taken with meals. Mint tea also helps.--spices like dry ginger, cinnamon, black pepper etc. Are good for loosing weight and can be used in a number of ways.--regular intake of carrot juice.--avoid rice and potato, which contain a lot of carbohydrates. Among cereals wheat is good.--vegetables like bitter gourd (karela), and bitter variety of drumstick are useful in loosing weight.--honey is an excellent home remedy for obesity. It mobilizes the extra deposited fat in the body allowing it to be utilized as energy for normal functions.
Dosage: one should start with small quantity of about 10 grams or a tablespoon, taken with hot water early in the morning. A teaspoonful of fresh lemon juice may also be added.--fasting on honey and lime- juice is highly beneficial in the treatment of obesity without the loss of energy and appetite. For this, mix one teaspoon of fresh honey with the juice of half a lime in a glass of lukewarm water.
Dosage: take several times a day at regular intervals.--raw or cooked cabbage inhibits the conversion of sugar and other carbohydrates into fat. Hence, it is of great value in weight reduction.--exercise is an important part of any weight reduction plan. It helps to use up calories stored in body as fat. Walking is the best exercise to begin with and may be followed by running, swimming or rowing.