Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Deepa DurejaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Purshottam Sidheswar Pandit
Dr. Deepa Dureja provides answers that are very helpful, knowledgeable, well-reasoned, professional and caring. Thank you mam
If you tell people that their diet or lifestyle or habits make them unhealthy, and chances are that they’d believe you. Not only that, they’d even agree with you wholeheartedly. But if you tell them that the same makes them dumber, then they’d either laugh at you or fight with you. However, its true. Certain things really lower your IQ. Read on to find out.
1. Group projects or meetings: Being a part of group projects or meetings can greatly drain your brain reveals a recent study. The reason for that is that when you’re in a group you have to concentrate more on behaviour and interaction, as a result of which your brain’s performance reduces and you end up making more ‘silly mistakes.’ In fact the situation worsens in a mixed sex group. Research found out that 14% men fare poorly at mental tasks when they feel that women are watching them. Best performance on the other hand is guaranteed when you work alone.
2. Jetlag: Jetlag can cause permanent problems in learning and memory. Research carried out by the University of California revealed that frequent jet lags are equivalent to a hangover that lasts way too long. This can cause you trouble in learning new things. In fact the same study also revealed that the effect of frequent jet lags can last more than a month, making you stupider in the long run. This is because constantly resetting your body clock can alter the anatomy of your brain. That’s the reason why flight attendants are found to suffer from severe memory loss.
3. Being spanked as a child: A research conducted by the University of Hampshire showed that children who were hit as punishment suffered from trauma that hampered their mental growth, and as a consequence led to lower IQs. This post-traumatic stress disorder faced by children who were spanked was the same that soldiers go through when watching heads being blown off. Not only that, even letting babies cry can cause lower IQs in them as the stress experienced is the same. In fact, letting babies cry can cause permanent brain damage which can also lead to trust issues. However, conflicts among family members has a positive impact in decision making, executive function of the child.
4. Junk food: A study found out that kids who eat plenty of junk food at the age of 3 can suffer from low IQs at the age of 8 as compared to those who followed a healthier diet. Eating junk food led to underdeveloped cognitive, behavioural and social skills in children due to lack of nutrition required by the brain to develop properly. In fact sugary foods can have the same effect on adults as well. Overdose of sugar can make your body resistant to insulin which interferes with the way your brain cells work, making you more stupid as a result.
5. Being a city dweller: Living in a city can be the reason why you suffer from poor memory, inattention and learning problems. The reason behind is that living in a city is very taxing for your brain, and your attention is divided between all the multitasking you have to do. This can lead to exhaustion, which as a result can lead to poor memory since your brain is just too tired to recall things. On the other hand, greener environments have the exact opposite effect and can help your brain in functioning more efficiently.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
My vaginal part is getting irritate by itching and a white liquid material is there in the internal part sometimes .So what to do .Is aloevera gel good for that part. Please suggest some medicine to treat it.
She had an emergency pill on 3rd of Oct and bleed a lot on the 8th of oct she was due for her periods on 22nd oct but till date she is not down but suffering from pain in legs and back also she has poly cystic ovaries what can we do?
She has participated in sex with me many times but she never got pregnancy. Can I have your suggestions?
I am 42 years old, diabetic, not having kids. Sperm count, motility is good but I am facing problem in penetration. Her muscle also being tighten while intercourse.
Hi I'm having irregular periods some time having pcod problem consulted many Drs no use I I'm married I want to convince. With this problem I gain weight how to solve my problem suggest me with this problem.
I took primolut N from 27.02. 16 to 06.03. 16, I got my period on 07.03. 16. But yesterday i. E on 09.03. 16 I saw some fleshy thing discharge with heavy abdomen cramps and pain with heavy bleeding. Pls help.
It is been 2 months my wife has suffered from infection in ovary. In previous month we were planning and after few days she's complained of frequent urination, sensations, and pain sometimes. By the time she got recovered through proper medication and just recently again we planned and the same thing occurred. I M worried and need to know whether the infection has occurred from me or by other means.
My daughter is 8 year 5 month old. White discharge from vagina. What is problem. How can solve it. Please help me.
I had sexual intercourse with my girlfriend on 3rd april 2017 and she had her mensuration period after 5 days of it! we did not have further any sexual contacts! Is there any chance of pregnancy? And what should be the date of her next mensuration period!
One year before my wife has cyst in her left ovary doctor advised her to take novelon after taking 4 months now she has no cyst. Doctor advice her to take some medicine from Day 2o Day 6 don't know that medicine name but from Day 16 to Day 25 doctor advised to take dufaston 10 mg but after taking dufaston she has light blood spots every day .today is day 26. Please help me doctor.
Is it risky to get pregnant at the age of 43 and if a women get pregnant at this age what precautions should she take?
My frozen embryo transfered on 06.09.17 and also stem cell infusion on 20.08.17 and first beta HCG report is 220 on 19.09.17 and second HCG report is 3880 on 25.09.17. But today it is being bleeding at 10.00. After consulting my doctor advised me injection IVF C 5000. Now when I again test HCG report is 28860 and in USG report two gestational sac is seen and saw twin pregnancy .but doctor say it is bad result and will be abort. What should I be do.
Periods after 25, 35, 40, 55 days sometime. She was having cyst in her ovaries last year and was under medications. Thereafter menses were regular but unable to concieve. Please suggest us what to do. And also what is the right time after menses for having sex. In intercourse, after ejaculations, most of the ejaculated semen come out of her vagina. Is it normal? or is there any problem in the procedure of having effective copulation. Please suggest.
Hi doc, I am 33 years old umarried girl. Mujhe periods normal àate hai. But kal mujhe period over hone ke do din bad hi urine pro shuru ho gye. Mujhe urine pass out krne mei problem ho rhi hai. N jalan bhi hoti hei. Kal pheli bar ye problem hui. Or urine ke sath blood aana bhi suru ho gya hei. Please help me.
I am 31 year old female. I am suffering from many health problems. Like hypo thyroid. Taking 75mg thyroxin medicine. Every month facing genital herpes. It happened after marriage. I got marriage in 2012 and in 2013 I got divorce. Now depression, tremors in hands and legs fast heart beat sleeplessness. What should I do.
Infertility is known to usher a lot of emotional stress in the lives of those who go through it. Often, an overwhelming sense of grief descends upon the couple who try to grapple with the sense of loss. The social and psychological ambience plays a very important role in reconciling one with the harsh reality and prepping one up for a fresh start.
While IVF has proven to be a boon in the lives of many couples, many still take to IVF as the last resort. Another factor that makes the responses about IVF rather ambiguous is the uncertainty of the results. There are numerous factors like failure in embryo attachment or uterine incompatibility that often results in a failed IVF. Therefore, before opting for this surgery, one must be mindful of the consequences.
Some of the ways, one can prepare oneself for IVF have been enlisted below:
- Informed choice: Considering IVF is a rather stressful surgery, one needs to be well aware of the stakes. Reading up about the potential risks and the details about the process, helps one to be prepared for the consequences and deal better with the trauma.
- Take good care of your intimate relationships: Since IVF tends to take a toll on not just the mother, but also the close family, it is important to maintain a strong bond of trust and compassion in the course of the surgery. Hostility and discordance adds on the stress and sometimes inflict grave health implications upon the mother. It is important to support your partner through the entire journey. You may consider professional counselling too.
- Prepare yourself for all possible situations: While the advanced technology aims to minimize any hazard, the results can often be unpredictable. You might want to adequately monitor your cycle in order to anticipate the potential problem areas and the results thereof. You should discuss these with your loved ones to avert excessive stress. It is a good idea to keep oneself productively busy in the due course to avoid anxiety.
Spine surgeries are complicated and have serious repercussions if the procedure is not planned well. A thorough communication with your doctor is therefore very critical to ensure a safe operation and early post-op recovery. Questions can range from the type of treatment chosen for a speedy recovery to side effects. Here is a list of questions that you need to ask your spine surgeon:
1. Why is the surgery recommended?
Typically, there is more than one treatment option for a particular problem. Your doctor should be able to tell you very precisely as to why the surgery is recommended and how it is going to address the problem. He should also discuss the alternative treatments available with their respective advantages and pitfalls.
2. Is there any non-surgical option?
Many spine related issues can be treated with rest, medicines and physiotherapy. Ask your doctor if such conservative options exist.
3. Explain the surgical procedure in detail.
Your doctor should explain the whole surgical procedure, in as much detail as you think is required for you to understand what is going to be done to your body. This helps you to have a practical idea and realistic expectations regarding your treatment.
4. What is the duration of the surgery?
Duration of a spine surgery depends on the procedure that is being performed and individual complexities. A lumbar microdiscectomy may take barely an hour, while a complex spinal fusion may take half a day! Do inquire about the duration expected by your spine surgeon.
5. How will the surgery address the pain or other symptoms?
It is important to know the source of the pain or other symptoms in a spinal pathology. Not all back pain benefit from surgery. Ask your doctor how he intends to address the pain, weakness etc. through the surgery.
6. What are the risks involved?
Risks and side effects vary from patient to patient. For instance, a person with obesity, diabetes and smoking has greater chances of complications associated with any surgery.
7. Do you need to change your regular medications?
Medicines like blood thinners can increase chance of hemorrhagic complications. These need to be stopped before surgery. Do discuss ALL your medical issues no matter how irrelevant they may seem to you.
8. Whether a back brace is necessary after surgery?
Limiting the spine movement is necessary for the process of healing. Most Doctors suggest braces or collars after a spine surgery.
9. What is the time required for recovery?
The recovery greatly varies with patients and conditions. What you should ask your Doctor is the expected time required for you to join your job/school.
10. Will there be any physical limitation after the operations?
Many spine surgeries require you to refrain from strenuous jobs for a while. For instance, certain surgeries require you to stay away from driving for a while. Address all these apprehensions from your doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.