Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dayanand KhattriYour feedback matters!
I have a sitting job. My weight has gone up. I wanna lose my weight. Please give me solutions and some tips.
There are pimples on my forehead which once come remain for long time leaving behind black spots. Kindly tell me the reason behind this and solution over this problem.
I am suffering from diabetes from last 3 Years want to resolve this please help as soon as possible.
My mother is suffering from lack of sleep since two weeks so is this what called insomnia and if this so then how to treat it because due to insomnia whole body cycle is getting affected, even lack of appetite and feeling lethargy, please provide me with the best solution.
Hello doctor, I am 33 year old, I am unmarried. Sir I have ask you that during my periods I have suffer swelling on my whole body special on my legs Brest or abdomen. I feel so lazy during that time. Or for some weeks I also facing urine problem too, I feel swelling on lower part even urination time urine comes but not in flow. I am in tension. please tell me n suggest what to do.
I have very oily skin and its decreasing my confidence badly. What to eat and what can I do for this?
Gout is a type of arthritis, which can affect your joints, though usually, it causes maximum harm to your big toe. Symptoms that you are having a bout of gout include having a stiffness and swelling of the joint in question. The pain is very sudden and also causes a burning sensation. Gout is basically a recurrent type of inflammatory arthritis. However, the pain associated with gout can be remedied by Ayurveda.
Here are some of the best Ayurvedic remedies which can be used:
- Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu: Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu is the most common and most widely recommended treatment for gout. However, it needs to be taken on an empty stomach. It is also worth note that it works best when teaspoons of it are taken two times a day with warm milk.
- Kaishore Guggulu: Kaishore guggulu is a type of medicine, which should be accompanying Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu. It Is usually administered after some initial relief is felt from Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu. Its best to consume this medicine in tablet form thrice a day.
- Shallaki: This Ayurvedic remedy is great for decreasing the pain in the joints affected. It also decreases the swelling in those joints, which have been affected by the bout of gout. Shallaki is also crucial in making sure that cartilage forms and that the blood supply to the joint which is affected by gout is still stable.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is medically known as Withania Somnifera. In the West, Ashwagandha is popularly known as Winter Cherry. Also, it has a lot of therapeutic properties, which include reducing joint pains and also inflammation of muscles. This herb can also work wonders on your blood circulation.
- Pinda Taila: This is a type of oil which needs to be applied externally. Pinda Taila is a very rare class of medicines which treats gout externally. Pinda Taila or Guduchyadi Taila is administered by rubbing it on the body part affected.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized ayurveda and ask a free question.
Acne is an inflammatory disease of the sebaceous glands (oil-secreting glands in our skin) and the hair follicles.
Poor eating habits.
Hormonal imbalance - during puberty.
Drugs like corticosteroids.
Sign and symptoms:
Pain in acne.
Pus or oily discharge.
Whiteheads / blackhead formation.
Avoid fats and oily food.
Avoid chocolate, ice-cream, butter, cakes, white bread, sweets and fried food.
Limit intake of non-vegetarian food.
Do not break your pimples, it will lead to secondary infections.
Do not use scented soaps and chemicals on your face.
Wash your face frequently, at least 5 times a day, taking care that it does not become too dry.
Use non-greasy make-up or if possible do not apply cosmetics.
Use natural cleansers than chemical preparations:
- wash face with gram flour (channa) and little turmeric in it.
- massage skin with fresh cucumber, it gives a cooling effect on the skin.
- you can massage your face with fresh fruits also.
You can take facial steam to reduce inflammation and infection for not more than 15 minutes and once fortnight.
Practice yoga - it will help make your circulation better.
Drink plenty of water.
Drink plenty of fruit juice, coconut water.
Eat lots of fresh fruits and raw vegetables.
Increase intake of fiber in your diet - whole grains, bran, oat, green leafy vegetables, raw vegetables, salads, dried fruits and fresh fruits.
Eat whole grains rather then refined flour.
Possibly eat boiled or lightly cooked food, not highly seasoned food.
Increase intake of zinc in diet:
- shellfish, beef and other red meats, eggs, and seafood, beef, pork, chicken (dark meat), turkey (dark meat), milk and milk products, nuts, sea plants especially Japanese sea plants.
Consume diet rich in vitamin a:
- liver oils of fish, egg, milk and milk products, meat, fish, kidney and liver.
- yellow orange colored fruits and vegetables; and green leafy vegetables are a good source of - carotene.
Consume food rich in vitamin c:
- milk and milk products, citrus fruits, green vegetables.
- fruits and vegetables when fresh have maximum of vitamin c.
Increase intake of vitamin e.
- wheat germ, whole grain, corns, cereals, pulses, nuts, dark green leafy vegetables, olives.
- oilseeds and vegetable oils. You can take vitamin e supplements of 22.5 iu (15 milligrams) for adults.
Replace other oils by sunflower oil for cooking as it is the richest source of vitamin e.
Add a little turmeric to your food; it is beneficial for your skin.
If your acne does not respond in 2-3 months following the advice listed above see your physician.
Consult your physician if your acne is infected and there is pus-like discharge.
Consult your physician immediately if you are not sure if it is acne or any other skin eruption.
Sir, I am 20 years old college boy but my height and weight is not increasing. Sir I am just 44 kgs. I want to increase my weight to increase me level of confidence. I tried little by natural way but it did not worked and I also have taken aayurveda medicine but all on vain. HELP ME.
While you cannot cure breast diseases, family history and maturing, but there are some hazards or risks that you can control. Keeping in mind the fact that there is no certain approach to forestall breast cancer, there are things you can do that may bring down the hazard. Here are five approaches to ensure your breast's well-being:
- Watch your weight: Being overweight or hefty expands breast cancer chances. This is particularly true after menopause and for women who have put on weight as grown-ups. After menopause, the vast majority of your estrogen originates from fat tissue. Having more fat tissue can heighten your chances of getting breast cancer by raising the estrogen levels. Additionally, women who are overweight have a tendency to have more elevated amounts of insulin, than other hormones. Higher insulin levels have been associated with a few tumors, including breast cancer.
- Exercise routinely: Many reviews have found that exercise is the sign of having a healthy breast. Studies show that one to two hours of energetic walking each week, lessened a woman’s cancer risk by eighteen percent. Walking ten hours seven days decreased the hazard all the more.
- Constrain liquor: Women who have two to five mixed beverages every day have a higher danger of breast cancer than women who have just one drink a day or none . As much as three to six glasses of wine seven days have been found to somewhat increase breast cancer chances. It is not clear how or why liquor raises the hazard. In any case, constraining liquor is particularly essential for women who have other hazard variables for breast cancer, like, breast cancer running in their families.
- Restrain time spent sitting: Research has shown that sitting time, regardless of how much exercise you get when you are not sitting, increases the probability of growing cancer, particularly for women. Women who sit six hours or more a day outside of work have a ten percent more serious risk for breast cancer compared to the ladies who sit under three hours a day, and an increased hazard for other cancer types as well.
- Stay away from or confine hormone substitution treatment: Hormone Replacement Treatment (HRT) was utilized frequently in the past to control night sweats, hot flashes, and other troublesome manifestations of menopause. In any case, specialists now realize that postmenopausal ladies who take a blend of estrogen and progestin might probably create breast tumors or cancer. Breast cancer disease seems to come back within five years in the wake of ceasing the blend of hormones. Therefore, get a breast cancer test even if you feel a small lump.
I want 2 increase my weight, I am very thin and feel weak what should I do to get a good body, what to eat?
I have pimples on my face and on my back. I am using some ointment and I didn't anybresult. How to reduce weight.
I am 28 years old boy, my weight is just 43 kg. 100% vegetarian. Very small quantity of food intake. And also constipation. Often feel tired and less energetic. I tried homeopathy, allopathy, ayurvedic, protein powders, few physical exercise and etc, but, nothing worked out. How can I gain weight?
Scars are referred to as marks left on the skin or body tissue, caused by an accident or injury. Scars are part of the natural healing process that takes place after an injury. When the white blood cells attack bacteria, they cause physical changes to the underlying skin cells around the area, thereby leading to the formation of a scar.
There are different types of scars, caused due to different factors. Some of the commonly occurring scars are:
1) Atrophic scars - These types of scars are flat against the upper layer of the skin. This type of scarring is caused by hyperpigmentation and is marked by discolored parts and patches of the skin. Initially, they are red, dark and raised. With the help of medicines and passage of time, they gradually fade away.
2) Hypertrophic scars - These types of scars appear to be elevated or raised and are caused as a result of a disparity in the production of collagen (connective tissues). These scars do not extend beyond the outline of the original wound, and can remain for a period 2-5 years. Hypertrophic scars turn flatter and paler with the course of time and with the help of requisite medication.
3) Keloid scars - Keloid scars tend to appear when the skin goes through an aggressive healing process. This causes thick, dark, clustered scars to form, which are often in contrast with the surrounding skin. Secretion of excess collagen on the affected area can also be a cause of keloid scars. Although medications are used, the most effective way to remove keloid scars is through surgery.
4) Scar contractures - This type of scar is caused due to burns. Burns present on the joints and creases stiffen the affected area, causing difficulty in movement and flexibility. Deep contracture scars may in some cases lead to dysfunctions in nervous and muscular activities.
5) Acne scars - Acne and pimples are acute skin problems, and the marks they leave behind are long lasting. Acne scars are caused due to severe acne and show differing patterns when it comes to their shape, type, and depth. In fact, the treatment for acne scars varies depending on these factors.
Related Tip: Homeopathic treatments for clear skin?