Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dattu
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. DattuYour feedback matters!
Hi i am Having 2 failed IUI's shall I go for IVF now. My age is 28 now and my husband is 32. I do not want to wait longer to add on complications.
Vaginal dryness is an uncomfortable and painful condition that usually occurs during or after menopause. The estrogen level in your body gets reduced during this time which eventually leads to vaginal dryness. However, there are other factors that can trigger this condition including certain medications and immune disorders. This is a problem that can affect women at any age but it is visible more frequently in older women.
Here are some common factors that may lead to vaginal dryness:
1. Hormonal changes - A decrease in estrogen level that occurs during menopause is one of the most common causes of vaginal dryness. The decrease in estrogen may also occur during perimenopause, during breastfeeding or after childbirth. Radiation and chemotherapy for cancer treatment may also result in a decrease in vaginal lubrication.
2. Irritants - Chemicals present in soaps, dyes, hygiene products and perfumes may cause allergy in some women. Irritants present in underwear or towels and other allergens like objects and lubricants that are placed in the vagina may also cause vaginal dryness.
3. Insufficient arousal - Low libido or other sexual problems may also lead to vaginal dryness. Poor sexual performance and early ejaculation may also contribute to it.
4. Anxiety - Sexual desire can be affected by emotional and psychological factors such as anxiety and stress that may eventually lead to vaginal dryness. High anxiety level in women results in insufficient flow of blood, causing vaginal dryness.
How can vaginal dryness be treated?
Topical estrogen therapy is a common method of treating vaginal dryness caused by low estrogen level. Topical estrogen helps in inserting some hormone that your body is no longer producing. This controls the vaginal symptoms to a certain extent but it does not replace as much estrogen as oral hormone therapy, in your blood stream. Lubricants and moisturizers may also be applied to reduce vaginal dryness and make sex less painful and uncomfortable.
Word of Caution:
I am married and my wife is not her period where she was supposed to be on 15th of may. Yesterday we checked pregnancy test using kit and observed positive. I think she is 1 month pregnant. We don't want baby right now as we are planning to have a baby after 2 years. Please suggest any medicine that would help her. Is it safe to use MTP kit?
I had an unprotected intercourse with my partner on 10th Feb but there was no ejaculation during it but later yes. I got my period on 12th Feb. I have always had regular period and never missed it. It's 17th March now and I still haven't got my period. Is this something to worry about? Are there any chances of pregnancy?
I had done a sex with my husband last week for 7 times per 2each day. I had not done sex for 1 week. Now I am having severely paining . I cannot even walk . While I am going to toilet pain is at peaks. Did I got any problem? What I have to do know? I do not need pregnancy please help me
Hi im 23 years old. I got married 2 years ago. Stil im not conceived when I gone to Gynaecologist doctor she suggested to do some scanning n they found I have a multiple tiny cystic on my both ovaries. An aslo my period comes once in 3 months. Im not evaluating property. Pls let me know. Do I need to go for ivf or I can achieve pregnancy by just medicine. Since im just 23 years I do not want to loose my confidence of conceiving my own without treatment. Pls suggested me.
My actual periods time is 17th in a month. Before that on 12th I suck and fingering my gf pussy. Now it's 22 still now she can't getting periods on this month. Why still now she is not getting periods? She is any chance to get pregnancy?
I am a 20yrs old girl and I am suffering from severe stomach ache during my periods. So I am taking a tablet" meftalspas" I got married also. So I want to know whether it will cause harmful for my body or any side effects? How can I reduce my pain?
With infertility on the rise due to various reasons, in-vitro fertilization is one of the most effective solutions. This is gaining wide acceptance across the society and medical fraternity. Read on to know more about why IVF and how it is done.
Causes of infertility:
Advanced maternal age: More and more women choosing education and career over marriage and family. There are many women who are not even thinking of having children up until their 30s. Biologically though, the quality of egg deteriorates with age, and women beyond 35 have difficulty conceiving naturally.
- Altered lifestyle including exposure to chemicals and pollutants, which has led to overall decline in the health of individuals.
- Societal changes like urbanization and formation of nuclear families
- Increased stressors in all spheres of life, which is affecting the quality of sperm and egg
- Lifestyle diseases including obesity, diabetes, and hypertension. These are becoming more prevalent in the younger age groups, and therefore infertility is on the rise in these groups.
- Lifestyle habits like smoking, alcohol abuse, drug abuse, etc., which are also poorly affecting fertility rates.
However, with all these, medical technology is also improving. For those who are faced with infertility due to the above issues, there is a lot of hope in terms of options like IVF which have provided a definitive solution to infertility.
Steps of IVF: By definition, in vitro fertilization is when the egg and sperm are fertilized or fused in a glass (vitro is for glass) and then implanted into the womb where it grows further.
- The first step is to induce ovulation. Fertility medicines are given and hormone levels are monitored to ensure egg release happens. Normally, the ovaries produce only one egg. However, with IVF, the ovary is made to produce multiple eggs, so that the chances of fertility is increased.
- The egg is then retrieved and moved into an incubator.
- Sperm sample is obtained either from the partner or a donor, and the healthiest sperm is chosen for fertilization. The sperm and the egg are then allowed to fertilize in the incubator
- A healthy fertilized embryo is then transferred into the womb. The woman is advised bedrest for about 1 to 2 days.
- Blocked fallopian tubes, which do not allow for the sperms to travel up to the uterus
- Advanced maternal age, women of more than 30 years of age, this is an effective option.
- Uterine scarring or endometriosis caused infertility can also be managed through IVF