Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. DattaYour feedback matters!
Dear Doctor, The problem is with my 1-year-old Niece, currently in Dubai. She has been having repeated urinary infections and after further checkup, the doctor there determined that she had a blockage in the upper part one of her kidneys which was causing her repeated infections. The doctor there recommends she have that portion of her kidney removed. Until then she is put on daily dosage of septran- Paediatric Suspension (Trimethoprim-Sulfamethoxazole. I would like to get a second opinion on the same and would be glad to follow up on the same towards the second week of October when they are visiting India. I am attaching copies of a nuclear scan (99mTc DTPA Diuretic Renal Scan), maturating cystourethrogram, and CT abdomen.
Dear sir/Madam 20 days back I travelled in train and use toilets afterwards on my buttocks itching very intensively I poked hard with my nails after some days back spots formed on my buttocks how can reduce itching. How to remove black patches Please suggest any ointment sir.
My 2 year and 9 month old boy often catches cold. I used to gv homemade herbal medicines. How to raise hs immune system. He dislikes eating fruits. Pls help me.
I having sleep less nights and severe head ache and vomiting and I am not able to eat anything food.
Sir I'm doing masturbation from a long time. And my frequency is also very high. But now I noticed that I get early ejaculation or rapid climax. I'm very scared that after my marriage if this continues I can't satisfy my wife. Please advice me something.
I am 27 years I do work out for fit and attractive body so you please tell me a whole good diet plan I only eat egg in non veg.
Anemia is a disease which occurs due to the lack of red blood cells or hemoglobin in your body. The body transports oxygen and the nutrition you get from food, to various body parts through hemoglobin, and a deficiency can cause lower supply of these important elements to the body. Which is why, the patient may feel a lack of energy, dizziness and even exhaustion. Most people don't realize its existence, so it's important that you know the symptoms, causes and cures of this blood disease. And, the foods one should eat to avoid anemia.
- Lack of iron: There are various forms of this illness, and one of it is iron deficiency anemia. The red blood cells in the blood contain hemoglobin, which requires iron for formation. If the diet is not adequately loaded with iron, the person can have iron deficiency anemia. This is the most ordinary one that occurs to people, but with adequate care through food, exercise, and medicines, you can tackle it.
- The root cause: Faulty production of red cells (hereditary conditions like sickle cell anemia, bone marrow disorders, etc. is the common cause of anemia. Excessive destruction of red blood cells, which is not compensated by normal production (spleen disorders, thalassemia, etc.) can be another reason. People with blood loss conditions (ulcers, gastritis, internal bleeding, excessive menstruation, childbirth, etc. and the ones who consume a poor diet can also get this blood disease.
- Know the symptoms: There are essentially nonspecific symptoms of anemia, but overall fatigue with very low energy levels as the body does not receive enough nutrition to perform various functions can be one of them. Reduced heart rate, fainting, and pallor of skin and whites of the eye are common indicators of this illness. Check with your doctor if you face any of these issues.
- Foods for prevention: If you follow a healthy diet that is full of nutrients like iron, you can keep anemia at bay. Remember, weight is not an issue here. If you have a good diet intake, you need not worry about being slim. Often, women who are thin get labeled as anemic, which is far from truth. When it comes to nutrients, iron-rich foods should be eaten along with vitamin C to improve its absorption. Vitamin B12 also plays a significant role in absorption. Meat including red meat, lamb, pork, chicken, beet, ham, turkey, and seafood including salmon or tuna can be included in your diet. Other foods like legumes, soybeans, veggies (dark green leafy vegetables, spinach, peas, broccoli), dried fruits and nuts, tofu, pumpkin and eggs are rich sources of iron that can be consumed by vegetarians. Cereals like red rice, brown rice or fortified cereals with a good source of iron can also be included in the diet.
- Don't miss out on iron, ladies! Women are likely to be anemic (with symptoms like fatigue and paleness) and hence they should constantly monitor for iron levels and shift to a diet rich in iron. Furthermore, iron supplements can be consumed in the form of tablets, syrup, or tablets with the guidance of a doctor. In severe cases, where there is a significant blood loss, especially with childbirth or internal bleeding, the sufferer may require transfusion. All in all, anemia is definitely manageable with planning of diet, especially during times the like menstruation and pregnancy. So, taking care on time is a vital step. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.