Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. DasYour feedback matters!
One medium-sized gajar contains 5 054 micrograms of beta carotene, which is equivalent to 53 % of adult's requirement for Vitamin A. In the body, beta-carotene is converted to vitamin A – an antioxidant that destroys free radicals and prevents damage of the cells. Research has shown that antioxidants like Vitamin A and C found in fruits and vegetables provide protection against non-communicable diseases such as cancer, diabetes and heart disease. Vitamin A also prevents night blindness and helps in maintaining healthy skin.
No wonder mum always said that “carrots are good for your eyes and complexion!”
Three things to do with gajar
•Juice them: Choose the orange/red variety of gajar. Chop them into pieces and put them in a juicer. Strain the juice through a sieve. You may combine with other fruit and vegetables like tomatoes, beetroots or spinach. It's best to have juices fresh, rather than canned or packaged, without added sugar.
•Pickle them: If you enjoy pickles, peel and cut the gajar into long 1½ inch pieces, julienne style. Do the same with green papaya, raw mango, green chillies, ginger or fresh turmeric (haldi). In a bowl, add the vegetables and sprinkle on some salt and turmeric. Set aside for 1–2 hours. Drain the water, add vinegar, coarsely ground mustard seeds (rai), then mix. Place the mixture in a glass bottle, ensuring that the vinegar covers the vegetables. The carrot pickle (gajar ka achar) will be ready to eat after 2–3 days, and you can keep it for up to two weeks.
•Grate them: Grate the gajar and add them to your salads, sandwiches, cakes, muffins, idlis, dosas, parathas, cutlets, tikkis and kheer. It's a good way to get fussy eaters – especially children – to eat more vegetables. Traditionally in India, grated gajar is used to make Gajar ka Halwa which is eaten as a warm dessert during the winter months.
High blood pressure is a condition which occurs when the pressure of the blood flow through the arteries increases, resulting in intense pressure. Hypertension occurs when the systolic pressure (pressure at which the heart pumps blood) and the diastolic pressure (pressure at which the heart relaxes) is more than 140 and 90 respectively.
Symptoms of high blood pressure are:
- Shortness of breath: If you have high blood pressure, then you may experience regular shortness of breath.
- Headaches: You may experience headaches on a regular basis.
- Weakness of the heart muscles: Hypertension results in a weak heart which may not be able to pump blood properly.
- Narrowing of blood vessels: Narrowing of blood vessels may lead to other complications such as failure of the kidneys, heart, and brain.
- Vision problems: It may lead to vision problems as blood vessels in the eye may be affected.
The various causes of blood pressure are:
- Tobacco: If you smoke on a regular basis, you put yourself at an increased risk of getting affected by blood pressure.
- Lifestyle: Not exercising regularly, eating a sodium-rich diet are all factors which can increase the chances of hypertension.
- Age: The chances of getting affected by hypertension increase as you age.
- Weight: Being excessively obese also increases your risk of getting affected by hypertension.
- Diabetes: Being diabetic makes you more prone to getting affected by diabetes.
- Hyperthyroidism: If you have an overactive thyroid gland, then it may result in hypertension.
Hypertension may result in various health complications in the body such as:
- Aneurysm: This is a disorder of the blood vessels which causes the blood vessels to bulge and weaken.
- Heart attack: High blood pressure causes the arteries to harden and thicken which may lead to a heart attack.
- Metabolic syndrome: This syndrome refers to a group of complications such as high bad cholesterol levels and insulin levels in the body.
- Impaired brain functioning: It may also impair your ability to learn and impact your cognitive skills.
Hello sir. I delivered a baby on. April. 9th In c section operation Just want to know from when I can have intercourse with my husband using protection.
Hello Doctor. I am 30 years old and planning for family since 2 years. I have PCOD. My current problem is that I am not getting menses since 3 months. I have checked for the pregnancy also but it came negative. Please guide what can be the reason.
As much as you would like, an ice cream can't help you cool down in the scorching heat of this summer. Although one may argue that one feels just fine after an ice cream, the truth is that it's only temporary. Cooling foods are what you should have as they help to cool heat and cleanse toxins from the body.
Here are some of the foods that help cool down your body naturally:
- Cucumber - Not surprisingly, being 'cool as a cucumber' actually holds true. Cucumbers are fruits that help keep the body hydrated. Keeping your body cool during hot days is vital to your health as it can help prevent a number of complications such as heat strokes and dehydration. Munching on cucumber slices and hummus is a good way to beat the heat and stay cool.
- Watermelon - This quintessential beach fruit is yet another one which would help you beat the heat. This seasonal fruit acts like an internal air-conditioner, and is rich in water, helping in reducing body heat to a large extent while keeping you hydrated.
- Peaches - Peaches are not only delicious but are very rich in vitamins A and C, which help in keeping your body cool. Besides, these vitamins also help in maintaining healthy skin and provide useful calories to the body.
- Apples - Apples are fruits that help to fill you up and cool down your body at the same time. They contain about 4g of fiber and around 95 calories and are enriched with a soluble fiber called pectin, which stops hunger and helps in shedding weight.
- Pineapple - Along with banana, cucumber, and some other fruits, pineapple helps to make a healthy smoothie. These ingredients have cooling properties, which hydrate the body and help to clear the heat. Also, pineapple contains an enzyme called bromelain, which reduces inflammation in the body.
- Avoid caffeinated or carbonated beverages, alcoholic beverages, and those high in sugar - All these drinks contain preservatives, colours and sugars. They are acidic in nature and act as diuretics. They cause loss of fluids through urine.
- Do not drink very chilled liquids - They do not really help cool you down in summers, though they make you cool for some time. Drinking really cold liquids when feeling hot may lead to a slight constriction of the blood vessels in the skin and decrease heat loss, which is not advisable when trying to cool down.
Apart from this you must limit all strenuous activity, eat light, nutritious and non-fatty meals, and reduce intake of heaty vegetables and fruits, like spinach, radish, hot peppers, onions, garlic, beetroot, pineapple, grapefruit and ripe mangoes (if you cannot resist mangoes, soak them overnight in water). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian/nutritionist.
This morning I had foreplay with my partner So is there chances of getting pregnant cuz my penis was in touch with her vagina (Note: we both r still virgin) So if there is any chance so should I take I pill or unwanted 72 or something like that?
Namasty sir, I am 25 years old and I am female. Yesterday I did sonography but I have a problem I am not understanding the meaning of minimum free fluid in POD and in utres 7.5×4.3×3.3 cm or BT=6.7 mm.
Is a pregnant woman in its 33rd week safe to travel in bus and in flight? And also please advise me with some safety ways for pregnant woman to travel. Thanks.
I have pcod problem I am trying to conceive my doctor suggested ovaa shield ds sustan capsules and my follicular study in day 17 is free fluid in pod and left dominant follicle collapsed
1. It can be used by pregnant and nursing women.
2. It can be used by children and infants.
3. It does not interfere with medications taken by a person.
4. If an incorrect remedy is selected, it is completely safe and will not harm the person at all.
5. Other than occasional, mild, and short-lived symptom aggravations which pass quickly and tend to be followed by improvements in the symptoms of a person, there are no side-effects of homeopathic remedies. This symptom aggravation is actually regarded by homeopaths as a sign that the correct homeopathic remedy has been selected and usually results in symptom improvements.
6. It can be used for chronic or acute conditions.
7. It is an individualized system of medicine which treats the person, not merely the symptoms. The symptoms, however, are addressed when using this approach and are typically improved.
8. Homeopathy is a holistic approach to healing, one that involves the body, mind, emotions, and spirit of the person being treated.
9. Homeopathic remedies are readily available and can, therefore, be used by anyone.
10. Homeopathic remedies are typically inexpensive and therefore provide an affordable approach to healing.
11. Homeopathic remedies can be stored for long periods of time.
12. Homeopathic medicine is non-invasive.
13. There are many studies proving the effectiveness of homeopathy, when used correctly.
I am married on 04/05/14, I missed period on 26/09/14, consult gynecologist & doctor confirmed pregnancy on 08/10/14, unfortunately some problems continuous bleeding started early morning on 10/10/14 consult doctor she advice abortion. After abortion, I was consult another gynecologist for irregular periods & pregnancy. After two months periods on time to time. Doctor advice pregnancy course on 01/07/15 folinine- daily once, miprogen 200mg - daily once after some months missed period on 21/09/15 doctor confirmed pregnancy on 26/09/15 by urine test. My thyroid report on 25/09/15 (tsh) -7.89ml & consult thyroid specialist & doctor adviced thyronorm 100mg daily early morning once. Gynecologist advice medicines on 26/09/15 miprogen 200mg tablets - daily twice neogest 200mg injection - weekly once folinine - daily once doctor advised 1st scanning on 09/10/15 scan report is 3mm size small gestational sac like structure noted at fundamental endometrium & review the scan after 10 days. After I meet doctor on 22/10/15 doctor advised stop the medicines and scan. My 2nd scanning report on 23/10/15 sac notified but not cardiac activity. Doctor see the scan report and advice for abortion after getting bleeding. After 5 days I don't get bleeding & consult doctor. Doctor advised duphaston 10mg tablets daily twice for 5 days and after 5 days consult me. After take one tablet on 27/10/15 evening 6pm after light bleeding is coming & pain in abdomen. What I do, tell me I am having healthy pregnancy or not. Please help me. These are abortion symptoms or not. Please help me.
Hello sir/madam. My blood group is B -ve and my husband blood group is B+ve. How many chances are there to get pregnant? Thanking you in advance.
The top 11 health benefits of sex:
Regular sex cannot be underestimated as a factor for reducing stress, bolstering self-esteem and fostering feelings of intimacy and bonding between partners.
But the real point of this article is the fact that a healthy sex life can provide for a longer, healthier and, most would agree, more enjoyable life. Among the many health benefits of sex are:
1. Improves immunity
People who have sex frequently (one or two times a week) have significantly higher levels of immunoglobulin a (iga. 1your iga immune system is your body's first line of defense.
Its job is to fight off invading organisms at their entry points, reducing or even eliminating the need for activation of your body's immune system. This may explain why people who have sex frequently also take fewer sick days. 2
2. Heart health
Men who made love regularly (at least twice a week) were 45 percent less likely to develop heart disease than those who did so once a month or less, according to one study. 3
Sexual activity not only provides many of the same benefits to your heart as exercise but also keeps levels of estrogen and testosterone in balance, which is important for heart health.
3. Lower blood pressure
Sexual activity, and specifically intercourse, is linked to better stress response and lower blood pressure. 4
4. It's a form of exercise
Sex helps to boost your heart rate, burn calories and strengthen muscles, just like exercise. In fact, research recently revealed that sex burns about 4 calories a minute for men and 3 for women, making it (at times) a'significant' form of exercise. It can even help you to maintain your flexibility and balance.
5. Pain relief
Sexual activity releases pain-reducing hormones and has been found to help reduce or block back and leg pain, as well as pain from menstrual cramps, arthritis and headaches. One study even found that sexual activity can lead to partial or complete relief of headache in some migraine and cluster-headache patients. 6
6. May help reduce risk of prostate cancer
Research has shown that men who ejaculate at least 21 times a month (during sex or masturbation) have a lower risk of prostate cancer. This link needs to be explored further, however, as there may have been additional factors involved in the association.
7. Improve sleep
After sex, the relaxation-inducing hormone prolactin is released, which may help you to nod off more quickly. The" love hormone" oxytocin, released during orgasm, also promotes sleep.
8. Stress relief
Sex triggers your body to release its natural feel-good chemicals, helping to ease stress and boost pleasure, calm and self-esteem. Research also shows that those who have sexual intercourse responded better when subjected to stressful situations like speaking in public. 8
9. Boost your libido
The more often you have sex, the more likely you are to want to keep doing it. There's a mental connection there but also a physical one, particularly for women. More frequent sex helps to increase vaginal lubrication, blood flow and elasticity, which in turn make sexual activity more enjoyable.
10. Improves bladder control in women
Intercourse helps to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles, which contract during orgasm. This can help women to improve their bladder control and avoid incontinence. You can boost this benefit even more by practicing kegel exercises during sex (a kegel squeeze is performed by drawing your lower pelvic muscles up and holding them up high and tight, as if you're trying to stop a flow of urine).
11. Increase intimacy and improve your relationship
Sex and orgasms result in increased levels of the hormone oxytocin -- the" love" hormone -- that helps you feel bonded to your partner, and better experience empathic connections.
I know I'm pregnant by home pregnancy kit now what to do next? My doctor is temporary unavailable for one week. I want to know asap everything is OK or not inside me because I had miscarriage on my first pregnancy. Should I do ultrasound?
Happiness is the greatest pursuit of life. Some people want their dream job, others want to find their soul mate, but in reality, we are all just searching for happiness and joy. Without happiness (or at least the hope of happiness), life almost becomes meaningless.
Here is the truth about happiness:
The number 1 thing preventing people from living truly happy lives comes down to their belief about what happiness actually is. When you have the wrong idea about what happiness is, you will end up spending your whole life either looking for something in the wrong place or looking for something which never even existed to begin with.
Let?s go over some common false beliefs about happiness.
Here are 3 false beliefs that sabotage the happiness of many:
1) Happiness is an emotion
The biggest false belief about happiness is that happiness is an emotion that comes in your energy field, when in reality, it is a state of being and a way of life. When you receive something you want or see someone you like, you experience the emotion of happiness in your energy field. You watch it arise, feel it flow through you, and then watch your energy field relax once it leaves.When we believe that happiness is THIS emotion, we become attached to always trying to keep that emotion alive in our energy field, which causes us stress and anxiety due to expectation and attachment.
We then beat ourselves up for not feeling ?happy? enough, which causes even more unhappiness.What if happiness is actually a skillset and a way of interacting with the world as opposed to being a phenomenal emotion? What if it is a way of life and a state of mind? When we stop looking at happiness as being the same as the experience of the emotion of happiness, we can then align our lives with a deeper pursuit of holistic fulfillment.
2) Happiness comes with external gain
We are taught from birth that happiness comes from career, wealth, looks, possessions, accomplishments, achievements, and relationships. There are many, MANY people who have everything they want in life, and deep down they are seriously unhappy.
Why is this?
Happiness is a matter of spirituality, self-realization, and a relationship with your own soul.
It?s an inside job.
Looking towards external things to fulfill your souls desire for happiness is like trying to satisfy hunger by taping bread all over your body.
3) If you are happy, you don?t experience things like sadness or depression
Another false belief is that being happy means you never experience things like sadness, depression, anxiety, stress, anger, or frustration.
We tend to think of a ?happy? life as one consisting of rainbows, butterflies, and lollipops.
But what if a happy life is a balanced, holistic life?
What if sadness, depression, and anxiety are actually necessary in the pursuit of happiness?
When we believe that living a happy life and experiencing negative emotions are incompatible, we condemn ourselves for failing to live in a blissful state all the time.
In reality, being happy involves the experience of the whole spectrum of emotions, and the transmutation of those into a higher self-understanding.
Happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which,
if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.
Happiness, simply put, is about your relationship to the contents of your present moment.
It doesn?t matter what the contents are, it only matters how you react and relate to those contents in your mind and energy field.
And most importantly, take time to become still, present, and meditative.
Feed your soul with stillness, and you may just find that ?happiness? has been there buried under thoughts and mental programs all along.
If you want to experience deep, unmoving happiness,think of it this way.
Less presents,more presence.