Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. D TakkarYour feedback matters!
I am 22 years old. After my sex my period got delayed for 5 days. Today I have received my period but its paining a lot. Stomach cramp. How to reduce the pain should I go to a doctor for it.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
During mensural cramp. I'm suffering from too much of stomach pain. If I take tablets ly thn my stomach pain cures. Can you give me any suggestions to avoid tablets and avoid stomach pain during those periods. N i'm too lean can you give me some suggestions too become fat.
Hello Doctor, My sister is 18 year old she has a left arm lymph node. I get her to 2-3 doctors and they tested blood and tissue cells as well before 2 years and result was normal. She felt pain sometimes in that lump. Please help me what should I do now? Is everything normal ot I need to worry.
Respected Doctors. My wife is pregnant with 11 weeks pregnancy and also, suffering from ovarian cyst in right ovary. She has pain in her lower abdominal and stiffness in right leg. Is it curable through medicines or what treatment is best for her at the moment. Kindly advice the best course of action to cure her and pregnancy. Thanks and Regards.
Medicines firstly reduce the side effects of allopathic hormonal pills.
Remedies act on the various glands to produce the hormones in the required manner. Gradually the hormonal levels becomes normal. The treatment has dynamic action in revitalization and regulation.
As the hormonal levels are within the normal limits the abnormal hair growth reduces substantially. It helps in the reduction of weight which secondarily lowers the level of androgens which are responsible of abnormal and excessive hair growth.
Is that mandatory to stay with wife when she is 7th months pregnant. Do we need to have intercourse some time for normal delivery. Please advice.
My girlfriend is going through irregular periods, itching in vagina n pain too. Due to these problem she feels sick most of the time since last two three months. Help by suggesting some solution for this issue.
I am 39 years old woman. Weight 75 kg. I am trying to conceive since last 10 years. Bt no luck. I have tried medication n losing weight. Yet in vain. The doctor said that I have very less eggs. Is there any other way to get pregnant naturally.
A breast lump is an enlargement, swell, protuberance or a bump that is different than the breast tissue surrounding it. Breast lumps can appear in men as well as women and they can be benign or malignant. Causes of benign breast lumps are as follows:
- Fibroadenosis: Also known as Fibro-cystic breast disease, it is a benign condition that affects the breast. It may affect either of the breasts or both. One of the major symptoms of Fibroadenosis is a breast lump. Usually, the lumpiness disappears after the menstrual cycle is over. Fibroadenosis occurs because the breast tissue doesn’t respond well to the hormonal changes during the menstrual cycle.
- Fibroadenomas: Fibroadenomas occur because of abnormal response to the hormone oestrogen. The lumps are usually well formed and round, around the milk ducts of the breast. Breast lumps due to Fibroadenomas are called breast mice, because they move around the breast. In some cases, they disappear and in some, they tend enlarge during pregnancy.
Other benign causes of breast lumps are breast abscesses, breast cysts, lipoma (lump of fat), mastitis (infection in the breast tissues), fat necrosis (another name for breast lumps) and intraductal papilloma (benign tumour of the milk ducts in the breast). A breast lump that is firm, well defined and doesn’t move around, i.e. it doesn’t disappear after your period or pregnancy, may be a result of breast cancer.
Treatment of breast lumps
The treatment of a breast lump depends on its cause. Benign breast lumps usually disappear over time. Otherwise following treatments can be considered as per the doctor’s discretion-
- Medication: If the breast lumps are painful or increase over time, it is advisable to take medication.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and other painkillers like paracetamol
- Danazol, Tamoxifen or Bromocriptine are administered to treat breast pain as well
- Antibiotics which are administered to cure breast abscesses that are caused due bacterial infections
- Limiting the amount of fat in the diet or wearing well fitting bras also reduces the amount of pain due to breast lumps.
- Certain types of breast lumps are filled with fluid or pus. This fluid can be drained through a procedure called aspiration or drainage.
- A radical way to treat a breast lump is surgery. Many a times, these lumps get bigger and painful and the most effective way to deal with it is to remove it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
This is my 2nd month of pregnancy but m feeling extra weakness even after sleeping for hours. Can not even sit and whole day is spent lying on the bed. What can be done to revitalize the body.
Honeys that are darker in color are considered to have more antioxidants.
Honey is quite different from white sugar, it contains about 30% glucose and 40% fructose – two monosaccharide or simple sugars – with 20% other complex sugars. Honey also includes dextrin, a starchy fiber. This combination helps the body regulate blood sugar levels.
However, unlike white sugar where fructose and glucose are combined as sucrose and require an additional step in the digestive process, in honey, these two sugars are separate. Thus, the glucose acts as an instant energy source.
It contains many vitamins and minerals in small amounts. A list of these include: niacin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium and zinc.
Honey helps reduce constipation, bloating and gas.
The antioxidants in honey are a cholesterol fighter and have the potential to protect against heart disease.
WITH THE BEST OF HEALTH
Punamkumar B. Dave
(Food & Nutritionist)