Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. D P Singh
Submit a review for Dr. D P SinghYour feedback matters!
My stomach is not cleaning well in morning so pls advice me how I will clear my stomach at morning and which type of food I should eat during the course of the day to feel light because I am a student . How many times I should take meal in a day in how much quantity.
I think am having hemorrhoids because I sometimes lose blood with stool. I would like to know what kind of doctor I should consult and what I should eat n what to avoid.
During my periods my lower abdomen pains a lot which I can not even bear the pain please tell why this happens to me and also will it effect during pregnancy?
I want to ask that the eno is work properly in the case of acidity in cold and also how quickly it work. An also ocid 20 how we use to take help in acidity.
In February 2016 I started having a bladder infection. Frequent urge to go but very little concentrated urine coming out. There was NO bleeding or pain of any kind. I consumed ayurvedic cystitis syrup and the problem got resolved. The same situation repeated itself in March. I drank syrup and it got cured. But for some few months since May-June now I find my bladder is behaving very strange. It acts perfectly normal during the daytime. I urinate not more than 7-8 times a day. The urine is clear and healthy looking - not concentrated at all. When I am upright (walking/standing/sitting) my urination is not noticeably frequent. But ANYTIME I lie down I feel bladder pressure and an increasing urge to void. The urge to void is frequent. And the urine is actually quite dilute. Even when I drink VERY little water during the day, at night the urine is surprisingly light and dilute. And also it is rather frequent. The trend is very different compared to my cystitis. When I had infection I had to urinate ALL the time, whether sitting down or lying down. Those days very little VERY small amount of urine used to come out. I had to strain to pass urine. Nowadays I am normal when I stand up or walk but when not active and especially lying down I feel the bladder fullness. I urinate a relatively dilute solution without much straining. Some background information: I am an 18 year old girl. I have been physical lethargic and inactive and tired for since around mid-2015 because of a gradual depression. I also suffer from a very mild case of piles since December 2015. It comes on and off - sometimes it's not even recognisable. I did a urine test in June which showed rather normal results. There were no pus cells at all. Absolutely NO foreign bodies or organisms of any kind. The epithelial cell count was 2-4 hpf and the pH was 5. Other than the above mentioned issues I function healthily. Don't have any previously diagnosed condition or abnormality. These health problems of mine have started quite recently - within the past ONE year. Please let me know what are the possible conditions I may be suffering from based on my bladder habits. Thank you.
Hello Dr. I'm 21 years old. I had abdominal pain n my doctor said tht I have jaundice. My question is tht is it common to have abdominal pain in jaundice. N how much time it will take to recover.
Liver tumors are abnormal growth of tissues or cells on or inside the liver. Benign (harmless) liver tumors are those that are non-cancerous in nature and do not spread to other organs of the body. The three most common types of benign liver tumors are hemangiomas, hepatocellular adenomas, and focal nodular hyperplasias. Hemangiomas are the most common of all benign liver tumors and they are masses of abnormal blood vessels. The focal nodular hyperplasias are less common and are generally found in women in their 20s and 30s.
The hepatocellular adenomas are the least common and affects women who are of childbearing age. Some of the signs and symptoms of benign liver tumor include weight loss, fatigue, loss of appetite, and swelling of the stomach. These tumors are not cancerous and may not cause pain in a majority of the cases. Therefore, its detection is normally not easy and it can be diagnosed only through ultrasound, CT test, or MRI scan. When the tumor becomes cancerous, surgery is the only option but before that, it can be cured with medicines. Allopathic medicines are harsh in nature but Ayurveda remedies are gentle and assure permanent relief.
Here are some Ayurvedic remedies that are beneficial for benign liver tumors.
- Haldi (Turmeric): Haldi has strong liver protection properties and it also helps with the regeneration of liver cells. It has anti-liver cancer agents called curcumin that fights against tumors and keeps them from turning cancerous.
- Green Tea: Hailed as the storehouse of antioxidants, green tea carries polyphenol compounds such as ellagic acid and epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG), which have tumor-fighting properties. They reduce the size of benign tumors and also keep the formation of new tumors in check. It kills the cells responsible for causing cancer.
- Milk Thistle (Silybum marianum): Milk thistle contains a flavonoid called silymarin that safeguards the liver from toxins. It has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that boost immunity and reduce swelling of the liver. It fights DNA damage and also reverses the growth of benign tumors. Even the tumors that have turned cancerous can be treated with milk thistle.
- Mangosteen (Garcinia mangostana): It is very effective in reducing the risk of cancer. Possessing antibacterial, antioxidant, and antifungal properties, it fights against a variety of infections and also strengthens the immune system. It carries a compound called xanthones that has cancer-killing properties. It leads to an action called apoptosis that causes the death of benign as well as cancerous cells.
- Giloy: Carrying strong anti-cancer properties, giloy causes antioxidant activity in the body that reverses the damage done by the abnormal growth of cells. It possesses chemical compounds that also prevent cancer.
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera): A strong anti-cancer herb, ashwagandha slows down the formation of the abnormally growing tumor cells. It also kills the cancer cells and if someone has had a chemotherapy for cancer, then it protects the normal cells from the damage done by chemotherapy. It also prevents the formation of treatment-resistant cells in the body, thereby, making chemotherapy a success.
Benign liver tumors can be treated if they are detected on time and therefore if the diagnosis confirms tumor, one should take the recourse to remedy.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!