Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. D. P. S. Rekhi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. D. P. S. RekhiYour feedback matters!
How to tight vagina after delivery and breast r to sagging how to tight them please what should I do? I did not consumed any type of pills and not applied creams as well.
Hi I have consulted gynae doctor and had gone through all test suggested by her to me and my husband and as per report everything is normal, I am taking fol 123 and trying to conceive from last 5 months still I am not pregnant? Why is it so?
Hi My doctor told me am having pcos. Can I get pregnant. If I take tablets how long it will take for me to get pregnant. Is this is a big problem.
Trichomoniasis is an infection that is caused by a parasite and is transmitted sexually. This disorder is characterized by symptoms of itching in the genitalia, smelly discharge from the vagina and pain while urinating. This disorder may also result in premature birth in case of pregnant women.
The symptoms of this disorder are:
1. Redness around the genitals, which may cause intense itching
2. You may experience pain during sexual intercourse and urination
3. A smelly colored vaginal discharge
4. You may experience discharge from the penis
5. A burning sensation during ejaculation and urination
6. A constant feeling of irritation in the penis
Causes behind it
The disorder is caused by a parasite known as Trichomonas vaginalis. Certain factors increase your chances of contracting this disorder; them being:
1. Engaging in unprotected sexual intercourse
2. If you have had an episode of Trichomoniasis
3. If you have been affected by STI/STDs before
4. Having multiple sex partners can certainly augment its chances
There are certain preventive measures that you can adopt to prevent this infection.
Avoid engaging in sexual activities once the condition is diagnosed.
If you are, it is always advised to use latex condoms during intercourse to decrease your chances of contracting this disease.
Avoid engaging in sexual intercourse with multiple sex partners. If this disorder is not treated, then it may increase your chances of getting affected by HIV as well.
It also tends to cause an early rupture of the membranes in pregnant women; resulting in premature delivery.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Failure to achieve complete satisfaction persistently during the act or to maintain the stiffness of the organ for a long period of time is called as erectile dysfunction. This may occur for almost 90 percent of men atleast once during thier life. Stress, depression, anxiety and relationship issues may be the reason for occasional erectile dysfunction. This is not much serious unless this remains a temporary issue. But it has the potential to interfere with the satisfactory sexual performance and may lead to the dissatisfactory relationship issues.
Prevention of erectile dysfunction:
Few tips to prevent erectile dysfunction and achieve complete health include
- Maintain a well balanced diet. Foods rich in flavonoids like blueberries, black berries, citrus fruits and strawberries helps to reduce the risk of erectile dysfunction.
- Recent study have shown that drinking two to three cups of coffee daily helps to reduce the risk of getting erectile dysfunction
- Reduce or quit smoking as this may cause problem to the heart and also to the normal blood circulation. Adequate blood circulation is much essential to get the penis erected. Stop drinking too much. Alcoholism also has it foot prints for cause of erectile dysfunction.
- Blood pressure and cholesterol level should be maintained at a normal rate. Healthy body gives a healthy mind and also gives psychological confidence in any attempts of sex.
- Regular exercise or staying physically active at least for 30 minutes every day improves the blood flow and also keeps you fit. This prevents the risk of getting medical illness like diabetes mellitus that causes erectile dysfunction.
- Sleep adequately and give complete rest to your mind and body. Make sure you sleep daily at least for 7 to 8 hours a day. This helps a lot to reduce your stress level.
- Riding bicycle never causes erectile dysfunction. Riding a bicycle for long hours may cause prostate cancer and other discomfort to your sexual life. This can be better prevented by avoiding bicycle riding for long hours. If not follow the use of safety measures like using comfortable and good seat covers and maintaining proper position while riding.
If you maintain good health and active physical condition, there is no need for any bothering about the risk of getting erectile dysfunction.