Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. D N JhaYour feedback matters!
My subconscious mind is always filled with sexual thought. How to overcome. Is it wrong I'd IT is so? And how to come out of it? Kindly guide?
An immune system disorder distinguished by dry mouth and dry eyes is known as Sjogren’s Syndrome. It can also cause dryness in places that require moisture, such as throat, nose and skin. Sjogren’s syndrome is often linked to other diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and lupus (disease in which the immune system destroys its own tissues and causes inflammations). Sjogren’s syndrome normally affects people over the age of 40, and it mostly affects women.
Sjogren’s syndrome has mainly two symptoms, and they include:
- Dry eyes: You feel like there is sand in your eyes as it burns and itches
- Dry mouth: You have difficulty speaking or swallowing
Sometimes, you might experience other symptoms as well, such as:
- Joint pain, stiffness and swelling
- Inflamed salivary glands
- Dry skin or skin rashes
- Vaginal dryness
- Continuous dry coughs
- Sustained fatigue
The exact cause of Sjogren’s syndrome is not known, but research strongly suggests that the autoimmune disease could be caused by genetic factors; especially if the illness has been found in more than one member of the family. Also, families with members suffering from type I diabetes, lupus and autoimmune thyroid disease can cause one or more members of the family to develop Sjogren’s syndrome.
The complications of Sjogren’s syndrome include:
- Dental cavities: Saliva protects the teeth from harmful bacteria that cause cavities. Since your mouth is dry, you become more susceptible to develop cavities.
- Yeast infections: Oral thrush, an oral yeast infection, is likely to develop if you have Sjogren’s syndrome.
- Vision problems: Dry eyes can cause corneal ulcers, sensitivity and blurred vision.
- Problems in the lungs, liver or kidneys: Inflammations can lead to bronchitis or pneumonia in your lungs; may cause cirrhosis or hepatitis C in your liver; and may lead to kidney malfunctions.
- Lymphoma: Some people with Sjogren’s syndrome might develop lymphoma, or lymph node cancer.
Peripheral neuropathy: Another complication of this illness is peripheral neuropathy, which is a tingling, burning and numbness sensation felt in your feet and hands.
Sjogren’s syndrome is either treated with drugs, or with surgery. Doctors may prescribe drugs to increase the production of saliva and to treat inflammations. Alternatively, surgery is done to either seal the tear ducts or insert silicon or collagen plugs to close the ducts temporarily. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
For most people, a prolonged sexual act is one of the most pleasurable acts. However, though not might admit it, there could be multiple reasons due to which this might not be possible. In males especially, premature ejaculation is very common, which does not allow for a prolonged sexual experience. There are multiple causes for this, some physiological and some psychological.
Given the private nature of the topic, many would not admit to the issue in the first place. Even with the couple, many would be reluctant to discuss it. For many men, close friends might often be the only one who knows about it. Someone else who has had similar problems might suggest a solution. The Internet, given the privacy it offers, could be another forum for discussion and seeking solutions. So what happens is they end up trying solutions from either of these two sources. However, what is important to understand is that each person’s body is built and wired very differently. What worked for a friend or for another person in some other part of the world might not work for you too.
The first point of coping begins with acknowledging the problem. When the ejaculation happens soon after the penetration, well before the partner is satisfied, it is known as premature ejaculation. In some cases, there might not even be adequate stimulation. While it is a matter of self-esteem for the male, for the female it is often an unsatisfactory experience. Knowing some of the possible causes helps understand the problem and then work towards a solution. Some of the most common physiologic and psychologic causes are listed below.
• Performance anxiety: In many cases, especially when with a new partner, premature ejaculation is very common. However, gradually, with familiarity, this improves.
• The prolonged duration between sex episodes: If the person has not engaged in sex for quite a while, there are chances of premature ejaculation.
• Guilt: Past sexual experiences could lead to guilt, which also can cause premature ejaculation.
• Hormonal: Hormonal imbalances also can lead to an inability to sustain and/or maintain an erection.
Most men experience some degree of PE in their early years when they start off their sex lives, but this gradually improves with age, as they learn to control.
Coping with it begins with one round of diagnosis. If there is no serious underlying cause, then simple measures like relaxation techniques and quitting smoking can be used to control ejaculation.
Talking to the partner and easing out stress during the act also can go a long way.
If these do not help, seek counselling or behavioural therapy. You can definitely manage better performance with support of the partner and the counsellor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
My gf recently got abortion, can I have sex with her at this time? Is there any problem if I sex with her?
My husband is having type 2 diabities. He is 30 years old and weighted 100kg (hectic lifestyle and don't get time to exercise). He used to have a lot of junk food and now he has stopped eating junk food.But still his sugar levels remain 120-130. Can you please suggest some measures so that i can control his sugar level.
I am 27 nd I had a problem of premature ejaculation nd erectile dysfunction. I have a habit of smoking marijuana nd drinking alcohol. Can I get my erection nd sex Power back as I had it in my early age .Plz suggest me some ways how to being a strong in sex .I must follow your advise to my whole life.
I am suffering from acidity what care should I take to control the acidity. What are the side effects of acidity.
I have problem of hair failing and constipation from last one month. Please ad ice me what should I do?
Does not have good sleep. Also suffering from cholesterol triglyceride problem after taking F10 rosuvas now in control but I aborb that I feel tired every time and do not want to do work any type.
Hello. What is the best medicine to take if you have a flu (until you are able to make it to the doe tore of course).
Winters can often be gloomy, which is why the Spring Equinox comes as good news for those counting the days until warmer weather. It is the time when equator passes through the center of the sun and the days become longer. The spring equinox does not only mark as the beginning of the spring, but has great influence over our health.
- On an average, we need 8-10 glasses of water a day to stay hydrated. This helps ensure proper blood circulation that takes nutrients to all the calls of the body, aids digestion, maintains proper functioning of the heart and brain and helps remove toxins from the body. Drinking water also helps improve metabolism and can, therefore, help you manage your weight. However, sometimes, you need to drink more water. The spring equinox is one such time of the year when the body needs more water.
- The equinox refers to the passing of the earth’s equator plane through the centre of the sun. There are two equinoxes in a year; once in march and once in September. On an equinox, the length of the day and night is almost equal. The equinox in March is known as the Spring Equinox or Vernal Equinox and occurs typically around the March 20. This marks the end of winter and the beginning of spring in the Northern Hemisphere.
- For a few days before and after the equinox along with the day of the equinox, the sun is directly overhead and very strong. Thus, it is essential to drink a lot of water and stay indoors as far as possible. If you must go out during the day, carry an umbrella or wear a car. The strength of the sun’s rays can dehydrate the body very fast causing nausea, heat strokes and blackouts. In addition, the heat can also make you sweat excessively thereby increasing the amount of water expelled from your body. An easy way to check your body’s hydrated levels is to check your urine. A pale yellow, straw-like colour indicates good hydration while a darker yellow means that your body is dehydrated.
- While drinking water is important, drinking water the right way is equally important. Drinking a bottle of water at once may give you the impression that you have drunk enough water, but in reality, the body cannot absorb so much water at one time. Instead, you should space out your water intake and drink throughout the day. Juices, soft drinks, tea, coffee etc cannot be used as a substitute for water. The caffeine in tea and coffee can actually dehydrate your body further and hence should be avoided at this time. If plain water does not sound appealing to you, you could infuse it with herbs like basil or fruits and vegetables like strawberries, oranges, lemons and cucumbers to add flavour.
Washing your face often and showering twice a day can also help hydrate your skin and cool you down. Alternatively, you could fill a spray bottle with water and spritz yourself from time to time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Actually I was taking too much tablets and smoking regularly, and now I got married. And my semen is taking too much time to ejaculate as it should not be! What to do next! When I am doing sex once time, the semen is taking too much time to withdrawal, I thought I got lack of semen!
I cannot do enough sex with my girlfriend. I am a unmarried person. But when I want to sex with my girlfriend I cannot do it. After 2 or 3 minutes vigor had been fall. In this situation what can I do and what medicine you prefer most. Please doctor do something now I am in a serious problem.
Hello doc, I want to know that if I sell on of my kidney is there any future problem to my health or body? I have financial problems.
Is their any real way to make penis much bigger and thicker I want bigger penis like 8 inches and 2 inch thick.
Many men have sexual problems which prevent them from deriving pleasure from sexual activities. They become more common as men age. These problems are generally caused by physical or psychological issues like certain medical conditions, alcoholism, drug abuse, stress, anxiety etc. The most common ones among them are:
1. Erectile Dysfunction - Erectile dysfunction or impotence involves not being able to achieve or maintain enough of an erection to have proper sex. This is usually caused by tension about work, finances, family, relationship or even excessive worrying about not getting an erection.
The penis needs good blood flow to sustain an erection during sex. Erectile dysfunction can also be the first sign of significant cardiac or vascular disease.
Selective drugs like Staxyn, Stendra, Levitra, Cialis, Viagra etc. are generally used to treat erectile dysfunction in men. Another treatment is psychotherapy, which might help in exploring problems in the relationship or by relaxation techniques.
2. Peyronie's Disease - Peyronie's disease causes narrowing or curvature of the penis. If it is severe enough, this condition can be painful and prevent you from having sex.
Penis deformation can be caused by scar tissue, possibly because of a previous injury, that appears as a hard lump on the upper side of the penis more frequently. Many times, pain during erection is not felt after 12 to 24 months, although the penis curvature usually remains.
3. Ejaculatory Disorders - Premature ejaculation is the most common type of ejaculatory dysfunction. It occurs within two minutes of the start of sexual stimulation. There are good chances that most men might experience this at some point of their life.
There are currently few treatments for premature ejaculation. Antidepressant medication is usually the best option. Topical anaesthetics applied to the penis can also delay ejaculation by reducing sexual sensation.
Related Tip: All You Need To Know about Night Fall
There are a lot of steps that you can take to improve your sperm volume, and diet is definitely one of the most important things that can help increase your sperm count as well as your semen volume. Here is a list of a few foods that can help you in this endeavor.
Image by jules: Dark Chocolate
A powerful aphrodisiac, dark chocolate contains L-Arginine. This is an amino acid which is known to increase semen volume as well as improve the intensity of your orgasms. Just don’t overdo it or else you will end up gaining weight which will only reduce levels of testosterone in your body and your sperm count.
Image By Pachango (Own work): Oysters rockefeller
Zinc is an essential mineral that plays an important role in improving testosterone levels as well as sperm production. Oysters are rich sources of this mineral. An increase in testosterone levels also helps improve your sexual desire and energy, which means that you are going to derive more pleasure from your sexual encounters besides having higher chances of conceiving.
Image By Fir0002: Eggs
High in protein and vitamin E, eggs are considered to help in the production of healthy and strong sperm in the testicles. They are also believed to prevent sperm cells from the harmful effects of free radicals, which may kill sperm.
Image By Fir0002: Bananas
Bananas contain an enzyme called bromelain which is supposed to increase male libido. They are also rich sources of vitamin B, which can help bring an increase in stamina, making sure that you have more energy available for your sexual encounters.
Image By National Cancer Institute: Spinach
Leafy green vegetables such as spinach are rich sources of folic acid. Low levels of folate can give rise to distorted sperm shapes such as ones with two heads or two tails. The sperm are also at an increased risk of chromosomal abnormalities. This means that firstly your sperm will find it difficult to reach an egg and even if it does reach an egg, it will not be able to fertilize it. Furthermore, even if these sperms are able to fertilize an egg, the chances of birth defects are quite high in such cases.
A green vegetable that is high in vitamin C, asparagus is also a good food to increase sperm volume. Vitamin C protects the sperm cells from the damaging effects of free radicals and thus ensures that the sperm store in the male reproductive system does not get depleted.
Image By Donovan Govan: Garlic
Garlic is a very effective food that has been used for centuries in treating various physical ailments including heart problems and respiratory infections. What most people don’t know is that it is also a potent aphrodisiac and very effective in boosting sperm volume. It contains a compound called allicin which improves blood flow to the male sexual organs, increasing sperm production and semen volume.
Image By Kander (Own work): Carrots
Vitamin A is an important nutrient for increasing sperm production as well as improving their motility. Carrots are rich in this nutrient. You can also consume vitamin A by eating foods such as oatmeal, red bell peppers and dried apricots.
Image By daveeza from okanagan, canada: Mongolian goji berries
These berries are known to improve your overall stamina and mood. But that’s not all, they also keep temperatures in the scrotum at the optimum level. The scrotum contains the testes which produce sperm. Higher temperatures tend to hamper the sperm production and decrease the volume that is released in a man’s ejaculate. They also promote sperm production by improving blood circulation and protecting against free radical damage.
Image By Tech. Sgt. Michael B. Keller: Walnuts
Another key nutrient for sperm volume is omega-3 fatty acids. These essential fatty acids are supposed to increase sperm count as well as improve blood flow to the penis.
Image By Mk2010 (Own work): Pumpkin seeds
Pumpkin seeds contain phytosterols which are known to improve testosterone production and reduce the size of an enlarged production. Both these factors help in increasing sperm count as well as semen volume. They also contain essential fatty acids that improve blood flow to the male reproductive organs.
Image By Ginsenosideforbrain (Own work): Ginseng
Ginseng is a powerful herb known for its powerful effects on improving virility in men. It increases sex drive and also enhances your sexual performance. It has been found to be quite effective in men with erectile dysfunctions, increasing semen volume and sperm production.
Image By Urología Peruana: Maca
This one is another herb that is known to increase semen volume. It has been found that men who consume this herb in the form of a supplement can expect higher sperm count per milliliter of semen, higher semen volume per ejaculation and also better sperm motility. It is also known to have a positive effect on the sex drive and arousal of both men and women.
This list of foods is definitely not a comprehensive one. Eating a balanced diet (or taking a purpose-made supplement) which is rich in minerals such as zinc and vitamins such as A, B12, C, and folic acid will ensure that more sperms are produced in your testes and they are healthy enough to fertilize an egg.