Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. D K Taneja
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. D K TanejaYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 38 and my wife 37 she has lost interest in sex is there any medicine that can revive her interest
What do you do when the munchies strike? Do you look for the healthiest option and wait for it? Or do you simply grab what you see instantly and stuff it in before you have second thoughts about it? Chances are, you may be onto a healthy diet which is being countered by an unhealthy snack time. So what can you do to snack in a healthy way? Read on to know more!
- Take Smaller Meals: Instead of doing three feast like meals and then vowing to stay hungry in between, it is better to instead divide your meals into five or six mini meals that will keep you going the whole day. This will keep you feeling full, and prevent you from reaching out for fatty, oily or excessively sweet food.
- Timing Matters: Knowing when and how to take your meals will decide whether or not you feel hungry for a snack at odd hours. Try to have breakfast within an hour after you wake up, and have your last meal well before bedtime. This will give your metabolism a kick and keep it working until your body's digestive fires are on so that you do not feel the need for snacks.
- Healthy Snacks: Who said snacks need to be composed entirely of junk food? You can create mini meals out of healthy sacks and learn to enjoy them too. Carry a small airtight jar of mixed dry fruits and nuts, roasted flaxseed, and other such ingredients which you can munch on. These ingredients help in curbing the hunger to a great extent. Also, you can indulge in a portion of fruit between one meal, and a salad between another. Whole grain crackers can also save you a great deal of calories.
- Bring Protein and Carbohydrates Together: Looking for a quick dose of energy as you sit slumped at your work desk, ready to demolish an entire muffin? Well, think of proteins and carbohydrates instead. A yummy dip with whole grain crackers, or a box of chickpeas seasoned with your favourite condiments, will do the trick. These snacks will help keep you full for longer periods, even as they give you a shot of energy without an unhealthy diet.
- Small Treats: Get yourself a small treat every once in a while so that you remember to enjoy the smaller things without going full on binge.
- Multitask: Get on to an important task while you snack so that you end up eating less, and you work more of your energy into the task instead.
- Snacking is not the offense: Snacking on the wrong thing is. So remember to be mindful of these tricks to get yourself a healthier snack.
Moreover, both Ayurveda (the most ancient oriental medicine) and the Indian alternative medicine advice their followers to sleep on the left side. Wondering why?
The left side of the human body is considered to be the dominant lymphatic side. Most of your body’s lymph flows into the thoracic duct, which is located on the left side. In its way, the lymph carries proteins, glucose, other metabolites and waste material.
It is purified in the lymph nodes and later drained into the left part of the human heart
I am 20 year old female. I missed my periods. The due date was 24 December. 3 pregnancy tests came negative. I was involved in unprotected coitus with my partner. Am I pregnant. If not, whats the reason for my delayed periods.
Hi i am 20yr old girl till february my period was regular and normal. But last month I missed my period and till now I won' t get period. So can you please suggest me any medicine for it
Infertility is an issue that arises when a couple is not able to conceive even after having intercourse without protection for a period of up to or beyond 12 months. This problem can be in the male or female or in both partners. While there are many kinds of treatment methods that can be used to treat and manage infertility to help a couple conceive naturally, there are also many instances where the couple may have to go in for other semi invasive methods that can be used in extreme cases. Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) and In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) are two methods that are used in such cases. Let us understand both the methods and the difference between the two.
Intrauterine Insemination (IUI): It is a process wherein the woman’s womb is injected with motile sperm. This method is done in keeping with the ovulation cycle of the woman, and it may be conducted a few times in the days, right after the ovulation starts. The process of ovulation is usually diagnosed by a doctor and the insemination process is timed accordingly.
In vitro Fertilization (IVF): It is a process that is slightly more complex than IUI. It is one of the most successful methods that is in use for couples who have tried every other kind of treatment for infertility. In this process, the eggs are retrieved from the ovary and then harvested. This is done with the help of a process of stimulation of the ovaries. The fertilization of the eggs happens in a lab.
Insemination process: While the motile sperm is injected in the woman’s womb during the process of IUI, in IVF, the process is slightly different. In this case, the eggs are fertilized in a lab so as to form embryos. These are then placed in the woman’s uterus.
Preparation: While IUI needs a proper process of studying the ovulation cycle of the woman so as to detect the same, in IVF, the process of ovulation has to be stimulated using hormonal injections and other types of drugs so as to extract eggs that need to be fertilised. In this case, IVF tends to be a more intense method of treatment.
Chances of pregnancy: In IUI, the chances of pregnancy depends on whether or not the fallopian tubes pick up the sperm and whether or not the egg and sperm meet each other. In IVF, the chances of pregnancy depends on the age of the woman as well as the causes behind infertility. Also, the efficacy of IVF depends from patient to patient and also on the quality of the IVF laboratory where the treatment happens. In IUI, the practices are more standard. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.