Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. D.K. SharmaYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 37 year old last 10 years I am using propisalic nf ointment for psorias in, any side effects to use this ointment.
I'm suffering skin tan problem? MY face is turning into tan color if i go to sun for a very little time. I want a white color face what should i do?
My mother's angioplasty has been done a month back, she had enlarged heart, can she eat ghee? We don't give her oil.
Hai I am smoker wat should I eat to maintain my breast and body fit and avoid heart prblm in future.
I've puffy nipples slight round shaped chest. I don't whether its the fat or the gland. I got to gym daily, but still has the problem. And at the same time I consider my testicle size small. Should I go for hormone essay ? What should I do. I don't want to go for any kind of surgery . (I'm a medical student)
Many women develop uterine fibroids by the time they hit the age of 50 years and above. These are non-cancerous growths that may occur in the uterus. Most women go through severe bleeding and pain as well as discomfort as a result of these fibroids. Age, family history of the same condition, obesity or being overweight, eating habits and even ethnicity play a large role in deciding the risk of each individual patient. These fibroids can grow in the submucosal, intramural and subserosal areas.
Following are the common side effects of uterine fibroids:
- Frequent urination: Due to the pressure of the fibroids on the uterus, the patient may experience a constant feeling of fullness in the lower pelvic area of the body, which may lead to frequent filling of the bladder. This gives rise to frequent trips to the washroom for urination.
- Heavy Bleeding: Severe bleeding is one of the most common causes of the presence of these kinds of fibroids. The patient may experience a lot of bleeding during menstrual periods, as well as pain and cramps the rest of the time. The periods will also be very painful when there are fibroids in the uterus or the uterine lining.
- Painful Intercourse: It is a well-known fact that any kind of infection or growth as well as sores and other such ailments can lead to vaginal dryness as well as pain during sexual intercourse. This is true for uterine fibroids as well, which can lead to severe pain during sexual activity. These fibroids can also give rise to pain in the lumbar or lower back region.
- Abdomen Swelling: The abdomen may go through significant swelling in such a condition and the patient may even look like she is pregnant. The growth can push the shape of the abdomen outwards and create a full feeling.
- Pregnancy Complications: The presence of uterine fibroids can give rise to several complications during pregnancy and even after child birth. One of the most common problems in this case is bleeding, followed by more severe outcomes like miscarriage. The women suffering from uterine fibroids are at greater risk of undergoing a caesarean section for the delivery of the baby. The baby may also be born breech and a premature delivery may take place.
- Infertility: This is also a rare side effect of the uterine fibroids and is generally seen only in very severe cases.
- Cancer: Only one in every 1000 cases might transform into malignant tumours. These uterine fibroids are generally known to be non-malignant.
Any symptoms must be reported to a gynaecologist at the earliest to avoid any serious complications.
Last year I married, when I'm having sex within 15 min sperm coming out. Is there any medicine I can take to increase time to release sperm.
I am 55 years old. For last year or so have 2 problems: 1 climax early. 2. The hardness is less to earlier. Can both these be treated?
I'm 21 years male, I have be sneezing for 3 months continues everyday. I suddenly start sneezing for 10-13 times in a row with water running from my nose. After this sneezing I feel full of sweat and burning or irritation mix feel feeling on my nose skin including the tip and inner part. These happens everyday 5-6 times and I'm really annoyed and fed up. I hope you may help to cure this with some home remedies or medicines. Please help me because it's really one of the big problem I'm facing now a days.
I am addicted to masturbating, I masturbate every day 2 times. How can I stop masturbating? It disturbs in my studies. It makes me lazy, energy less. I really want to stop this habit but can't.
His weight is not according to his age and his eyes looking light yellow. He joined also Jim and other activities but his weight is as it is and always have headaches. He feel lazy all time and tired too much and his body remains cold. Please give your suggestion about his problem. What type of problem can be found? Please reply with appropriate suggestions.
I have history of recurring slip disk problem. Will it affect my sexual drive or libido in any way as I am facing Erectile dysfunction some times.
My mom coughs a lot. Her chest xray report shows Broncho Pneumonia on left side of her Lung. Pls suggest any medical treatment. Or any type of medicine.
I am suffering from cough and cold n I easily catch that. I am not feeling good. I am twenty years old boy. So please suggest me something.
How to treat a jaundice? Total bilirubin level is 9.8. What type of food should e jaundice patient eat?
Hepatitis is an inflammatory condition of the liver, which may often progress to dangerous complications. There are many types of Hepatitis and each has its own particular set of causes, symptoms, mode of contraction and treatment procedures. Here are the main types of Hepatitis as well as some of the factors which may cause Hepatitis:
- Hepatitis A: Hepatitis A virus infection causes this condition. The Hepatitis A virus comes from food or water contaminated with the feces of someone contaminated with Hepatitis A. This is not a chronic form of Hepatitis.
- Hepatitis B: This is a chronic form of Hepatitis. It is spread through body fluid, such as blood, saliva and semen. The possible causes of Hepatitis B include use of drugs through injections, having sex with an infected partner and sharing razors or other intimate articles with someone who is infected.
- Hepatitis C: This is also a chronic form of Hepatitis.The most common causes of Hepatitis C are injection drug use or having sex.
- Hepatitis D: This is a not a chronic form of Hepatitis and is also very uncommon. It is usually contracted along with Hepatitis B. It is usually caused due to puncture wounds or contact with infected blood.
- Hepatitis E: This is the most uncommon form of Hepatitis. It is due to poor sanitation and ingesting fecal matter. It is usually found in developing countries.
- Virus: This is the usual way of contracting Hepatitis. The virus attacks the liver and causes inflammation leading to the breakdown of a number of body systems.
- Alcohol and other toxins: Alcohol and certain prescribed medications cause the liver to swell and that is why this form of Hepatitis is known as alcoholic Hepatitis.
- Autoimmune disease: This is the rarest cause of Hepatitis. The immune system malfunctions and begins destroying its own tissues. It attacks the liver because it perceives the liver to be a foreign object.