Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. D K PundhirYour feedback matters!
I have so many ferecles on my body and new freckles are occurring day by day. I consulted many drs. They say that there is no treatment of it. I dont go into sun so sun exposure is not a problem.
What are the side effects of HIFU for face upliftment and wrinkles and open pores. Is there any way that it might have adverse effect on face.
Hello doctor. Please suggest an effective cream to treat my post pregnancy blemishes around my neck n dark armpits.
I have white patches on my body parts for last 10 years. I take medicines for 5 years, but there is no Chang is any cure for this doses.
Hi, I am 45 years old lady, I have dark pigmentation on thorough out face from long time approximately 10 years, I don't drink or smock, please help me. What condition should be avoided and what should I use. Thanks.
The skin is very oily and pimples are formed everywhere and also acne formed looking dull how it be treated.
I m 22 year male. My face skin color is fare but below neck the color okk. What should I do to clean my skin color and how? And what types of precautions should I follow?
My newborn baby is suffering from some rashes. What changes I need to bring in her lifestyle to get rid of it?
I have acne on my face and full back from 3-4 years. Please give me some solution. I skin is oily what should I done to dry it?
Hi am 25 year old . Female , I have dark underarms , neck and have dark circle, and black skin below nose and upper lips . Naturally I have fair skin but due to all dis dark colour area its just feels really annoying, low confident specially upper lips area please suggest some thing to get rigid of this.
I am college student of age 21. Since the age of 10 due to carelessness towards the skin .my skin tone of the body parts which are directly in the contact of sun rays become darker. At least the skin tone is differ by 3 tone from original skin tone. I have already tried many homemade remedies and also some allopathic tubes to remove scars suggested by local doctor. But it was not useful at all. So please show me any non surgical treatment to get rid of it. Hope your advice be helpful to me.
My neck is getting black colour I don't know why even though I am doing. So much to that but there is no cure will you please give me a suggestion.
Hello doctor, My mother Bijan bala sahoo (49 years old) has black dark spots on her either side of chicks since 8-10 years. No irritation or itching. Just dark black spots. Recently she was using a face wash and pigmentation reducer cream from a brand (o3+) .but no good results found. So what is the treatment doctor .
I have dark spots as well as pimples on my face. I used scar removal cream for 4 months but didn't see any changes. What should I do?
I have black spots on my face I try many spots removal creams but I did not see any changes. What can I do?
Most women love the idea of having healthy and silky skin that feels smooth to touch. However, due to a certain reasons, some women can have excessive, unwanted hair on their chest, hands and face. The pattern is similar to what is seen in men. This can be a major psychological problem. Read on to know more about some of the common reasons for this and how it can be managed:
Common causes behind it
Hair pattern is largely determined by genetic makeup and hirsutism is often caused by genes, hormones, or medication which is another main cause is the excessive amount of testosterone in women. Conditions like obesity, polycystic ovaries disease, ovarian tumours, adrenal tumours, Cushing’s syndrome and drugs like Danazol can cause excessive androgen hormones. Women with this condition may also have a deep voice, huge breasts, enlarged clitoris, severe acne and may also suffer from hair loss. These symptoms are collectively referred to as virilisation.
Ways to control hirsutism
The treatment is aimed at removing the unwanted hair and treating the underlying cause. A combination of medications and procedures can help in removing the excessive hair.
- Weight loss: Reducing weight makes the body produce less of the male hormone, and so hirsutism is controlled.
- Female hormone replacement: Birth control pills are a good choice for women who do not want to get pregnant. They control the androgen hormone production and reduce hair growth and other characteristics.
- Anti-androgens: Spironolactone is an anti-androgen which counters the effect of testosterone; however, these have side effects and self-medication is not advisable.
- Topical creams: The face is the major area of concern and so creams like eflornithine are useful to control hair growth on the face.
Depending on the patient’s severity of the problem and expectations, the following procedural options are available. While some of these can be done at home, others might require a visit to a doctor.
- Shaving: To be done repeated as and when the growth occurs.
- Tweezing: Isolated strands of hair can be removed with a tweezer.
- Waxing: This is useful in removing hair from large areas (chest, hands, etc.)
- Bleaching creams or lotions: The hair stays in place but is lightened in colour to give it a camouflaged appearance.
- Depilatory creams, lotions, or gels: These break down the hair follicles and prevent hair growth.
- Electrolysis: A small amount of electric current is applied to the hair follicle to destroy it, thereby controlling hair growth.
- Laser hair treatment: A small beam of highly concentrated light is applied to the affected area to damage the hair follicles and control hair growth.
Hirsutism is definitely not desirable, but there are definitely ways to manage the problems and get back to having a smooth, silky skin.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.