Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. D.K. Jhamb
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. D.K. JhambYour feedback matters!
Hello. My mom has a bone paining in upper bone of the chest. What should we do. Means what are the symptoms of causing it.
Done 2d eco. Left side chest pain. Mitral valve prolapse. Detected. What should I do to reduce chest pain. Is it serious?
Sir I have gastric problem and there is also a pain in my heart when I am sleeping. What i have to do? please give the precautions
After taking lords rauwolfia serpentine mother tincture for a week my bp has came to 120/75 from 145/95 and now sometimes I feel dizziness I take ten drops twice a day one in morning and one before going to bed. What should I do now and what will be the period I will have to continue this medicine.
Mere seene mein halka sa dard hota tha Or ecg bhi nikala normal he, january 2016 may tmt test bhi karway tha eobhi normal he or ab Mere seene ke bech mein bhari pan mhsus hota he karu.
Im 21 years old. I have a lot of chest pain when im on a walk. I drink water regularly but still every time it happens, can you please tell me what to do?
In Ayurveda, the heart or Hridaya is the most vital thing, since it is the organ that is responsible for enabling proper circulation of blood all over the body while governing your emotions so as to keep you fit and energetic. When it comes to the development of heart ailments, a highly stressful lifestyle, and poor eating habits are considered to be the main culprits of heart diseases or Hrudroga.
As a consequence, these causes bring about the hardening of the arteries, leading to problems like angina and obstruction in the blood flow. Factors like high blood pressure, heredity, diabetes, smoking and high cholesterol make you predispose to developing problems of the heart.
How does Ayurveda help?
Ayurveda offers safe and innovative preparations for the handling of heart diseases. Plants like garlic, Arjuna, cinnamon and their preparations are used for treating heart ailments. Depending on individual cases, certain very effective natural preparations are recommended by a practitioner of Ayurveda along with lifestyle changes like:
- Getting rid of stress - When it comes to the heart, Ayurveda propounds a holistic approach in the treatment of this organ, which encompasses both physical and emotional considerations. Herbal formulations that contain ingredient like Ashwagandha are known to reduce tension in the mind as well as the body while strengthening the heart muscle.
- Eating right - Developing the habit of correct eating is vital for improving heart health. According to Ayurveda, the ideal food portion should be one that fits into the cups of your palms. Having meals three times a day at fixed timings can help in training your digestive system to not only anticipate but also digest the food consumed. For stimulating a slow digestion salt, ginger and lime can be consumed.
- Removing Ama from your body - For enabling a proper functioning of the heart regular cleaning of the internals is recommended as per Ayurvedic teaching so as to removing Ama from the body that gets accumulated in your blood vessel. From eating a high fiber diet and drinking lukewarm water to going to sleep by 10pm, Ayurvedic treatment of the heart consists of these recommendations.
- Exercising regularly - The key to a good heart health is exercising regularly but in moderation. In this context, Ayurveda believes in the concept of Balaardh, which is exercising to about 50% of your capacity. This reduces instances of strains and injuries received due to exercising. Walking for about half an hour every day is considered to be a great metabolism booster as well and it brings about an improvement of the heart.
- Ayurvedic techinque to relieve stress: Shirodhara is an ancient Ayurvedic therapy, wherein Warm oil (or other liquid) pours in a continuous stream over the forehead or ‘ajna marma’, an area where nerves are highly concentrated. The pressure of the oil onto the forehead creates a vibration. The oil saturates the forehead and scalp and penetrates into the nervous system. The gentle pressure and soothing warmth of the oil allow the body, mind and nervous system to experience a deep state of rest, similar to meditation It has a profound impact on the nervous system. It helps relieve symptoms of anxiety, stress, fatigue and hypertension. It relieves tension, worry, fear and headache as well as depression. It regulates mood and gives feelings of pleasure and relaxation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.