Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. D K Guha
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. D K GuhaYour feedback matters!
My 3 year old son has had cold and cough three times back to back in the past 2 months. For the 1st time, he was given levolin and it became okay after 3 days. For 2nd time (happened after a week), levolin did not work, and hence nebulization (budecort levolin) along with Azee200 (antibiotic) was given. It became ok after 3 days. For 3rd time (happened again after a week from 2nd), we first gave him ayurvedic medicine. He started having fever and hence gave him antibiotic again for 5 days. Till antibiotic was on, he was neither having fever not cough. Immediately after stopping antibiotic, his cough started. Now its been near to 3 weeks, the cough has not gone completely. He normally does not cough in the day. Either when he is playing/running or laughing, then he starts coughing or during night he coughs 2-3 times (4-5 coughs continuously). What should I do? I am really worried.
My baby is 3 months old and he is born with an Albino. Please suggest an effective treatment or special doctor so that he can be cured totally or at least partially.
Since I was i-pill from 3 to 4 years often and now am pregnant from 7 month I want to know that will it affect my child complexion?
My son is of 2.3 years and his weight is 11 kg his weight is not increasing from last 1 year. I consult several doctors all of them give mutlivatiman syrup and iron, calcium. Please suggest me is something wrong with my child or he is normal. He is also not interested in any kind of food.
My 1.5 years son accidentally licked a camphor cube. We took it immediately from his mouth. Wiped his tongue with a cloth and rubbed his tongue to our best to remove any traces of camphor. He is active and does not show any symptoms if toxicity. But I am still worried. Will it causes any toxicity inside the body!
My son is two months old. He was born with forceps delivery. Because of this one hand was not moving fully in the beginning. Now there are improvements on the hand. He is moving better now. Whether it will be alright slowly or we need to consult doctors? His head is also tilted due to this . Whether this will correct on its own after hand is healed ?pls advise. We are very much worried.
My daughter is 8 years old and weighs only 20 kgs. She is never interested in eating, be it anything. Capacity of food intake is very low and so she is not that much energetic & active as she should be in this age. Kindly suggest what to do in this as supplements and tonics will do the needful or any other way so that can eat properly own her own and deficiencies can be done away with.
My son is 2.5 years. Old My husband and I both are working and no one in house for take care of him. So, we are decided to shift the son at dombivli my mom' s home and we are staying at mulund. Is it possible with my son or some problems happens with him ?
Hi. My son is 2.5year old is having the habit of biting nails. In the process he started eating skin also. Pls advise.
My daughter is in 6th std, but she is very very slim and my son he is in 5th std he is very healthy and chubby. Please guide me Dr. Which extra food should I give her to gain weight. She is 30 kg.
I have two children, one 8 years girl and another 4 years boy. please suggest me some health drinks for them.
My daughter 5 year old having stomach pain in every morning can you suggest please what can be a cause for the same and remedy.
Hi. I have delivered baby boy 50days before as premature baby. He was in nicu for 30days. And reached home. He is. Not getting milk directly from my breast since he has low birth weight. I am expressing through. Pump.and giving to him. Last two weeks my supply. Was very low. I had lactare tablets. And lactonic granules. But no improvement in supply. Pls suggest.
My child is 8 years old. He has been suffering from allergy since babihood. Now he has been little bit recovered. But for the last 3 months he feels irritation in his throat causing cough continuously. After taking ascoril LS several times, it reduces but in the last week he had a fever with the same cough. Though his fever has been over but he still continuously coughing and reporting that his throat is being irritated, though he has been taking now Cherilos as cough syrup. What should I do to stop his irritation, pls advise.
I am a mother of twin pre-Term children. One of them is a male and another one is a female. Now they are 14 months old. I want to know which kind of food I should give them to make them healthy and brainy. Although they are two months pre-term children but now their clinical development is as normal children of full term. They have started walking and little talking. Please share an ideal diet chart for them. We are non vegetarian.
My 10 month old baby has runny nose, sneezing and coughs often, my ped suggested asthaline expectorant (3ml -3 times a day) gladimol c (6ml -3 times a day) for 3 days. My baby weight is 8.20 kilo. I just want to check if this is the correct dosage for my baby.
Coughing during the night can really wreak havoc for your sleep and cause inexplicable discomfort in the throat and chest region. Thankfully, you can manage it by soothing your tickling throat as well as sensitive airways before you go to bed at night.
- Drink herbal tea: A mugful of non-caffeinated tea mixed with a teaspoon of honey before going to bed can help you to a considerable extent. This is because any warm liquid has the power to break down the formation of mucus in the throat region and with a bit of honey, the herbal tea becomes even more powerful.
- Try to sleep in an inclining position: Gravity is your greatest enemy while combating night-time cough. When you lie down flat on your back at night, all the mucus and dust particles, which you have swallowed all through the day, would accumulate in the throat area and aggravate it making more cough. But you can easily defy gravitational force by piling up some pillows and prop yourself on them while sleeping. You may also keep a wooden block of 4 inches height under your head, which would keep the acids in the stomach so that they don’t come up to irritate your throat.
- Make sure you use the steam cautiously: When your airways are dry, it can make you cough harder. Therefore, you may find relief if you take a warm shower or a bath before going to bed. But you have to be sure that you don’t have asthma as steam can prove harmful for you.
- Check the level of humidity: Humidifiers are known to soothe the problem of persistent coughing when the surrounding air is dry. But too much of moisture during the night can also make you cough. This is because dust mites, mold and other allergens thrive well in the damp air and they could conspire to make your cough even worse. So, pick up a cheap hygrometer from a hardware store and see that the humidity level stays within 40 to 50 percent.
- Equip yourself at night: Keep all the things from drops to water to cough syrup or anything that soothes coughing at your bedside so that you can help yourself in case you wake up in the middle of the night and start coughing.
By following these few tips every day, you can manage the night time cough and have a good night’s sleep without any interruptions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Start planning the arrival of your baby by the end of the sixth month of your pregnancy, like searching options for baby's health care, and making arrangements at your home for the new edition to the family.