Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. D.JijinaYour feedback matters!
Sir I get frequent throat infection my friend suggested me septilin tab himalaya. Should I take it and what should be the dosage.
Sir mere ear ke peechhe 3 or 4 month se thicking ya lump type sa hai aur vo increase nahi kar raha hai yani jaise ka taisa hai sir me kya karoon.
We consulted the ENT Specialist & took CT PNS scan. The result is Abnormal soft tissue density mucosal thickening (L>R) is noted involving bilateral maxillary antrum with minimal osteomeatal unit block made out on left side. Partial pneumatisation of right middle turbinate is seen. Left sphenoid sinus shows minimal soft tissue density irregularity. Nasal septum is in the midline. No bony destruction or sclerosis detected. Underlying soft tissues appear normal. The nasal cavity, pharynx and imaged parapharyngeal structures show no abnormalities. The Dr. Changed his prescription. But still I have headache and pain in chin and back head. Please help me Drs. Whats should I do and any prescriptions.
Hello doctor, my age is 26 year and I have asthma and sinus problem since last 2 years. I face problem in mostly in winter. I don't breath properly and my nose are completely blocked.
I got eruption of wisdom teeth and I got tonsillitis from last 8 days, I prescribed augmentin 625 by doctor for 5 days. During that days I felt better but now again it causing problem specially in right side of buccal cavity Pls suggest me what to do.
If you are experiencing pain, irritation, or itchiness in your throat, the condition is referred to as a sore throat. It is likely for you to face difficulty in swallowing food and the pain worsens when you want to swallow. The primary symptom of a sore throat is throat pain. People of all ages can get affected by a sore throat.
There are several causes of a sore throat. The most common ones are as follows:
• Viral infections are the most common causes of sore throat.
• These are the infections that are caused by a virus, like the flu or cold.
• Measles, chicken pox, and croup are other viral infections that cause a sore throat.
• Several environmental factors also cause sore throat.
• Exposure to pollen, mold, pet dander, and several other irritants leads to postnasal drip.
• This causes throat pain and inflammation.
• Exposure to dry air, and smoking cigarettes are also common causes of a sore throat.
• For the diagnosis of a sore throat, a physical examination of your throat is carried out, and your throat will be examined using a lighted instrument.
• Doctors usually look out for inflammations and white patches that indicate strep throat. Your breathing will also be checked.
• The back of your throat can be swabbed for examining samples in order to determine the virus.
• Certain blood tests may also be required to be undertaken.
• The treatment of sore throat depends on the cause.
• In case your sore throat is caused by a bacterial infection, you will be prescribed antibiotics for killing the infectious bacteria.
• The medicines should be taken strictly according to a doctor’s prescription.
• You should complete the course of 10 days to get effective results.
• If you stop the treatment at an early stage on noticing improvements, a sore throat can recur soon.
There are certain simple home remedies which are effective for curing the most common forms of sore throat. They include:
• Gargling with warm, salted water.
• Consuming warm fluids like soup, tea, and water.
• Having throat lozenges.
• Reducing the inflammation using ibuprofen and acetaminophen.
• Avoiding exposure to allergens and irritants.
In case your sore throat is caused by a viral infection, the virus should be left to run its course. During its course, you will be prescribed medicines like pain relievers and decongestants for relieving the symptoms. Antiviral drugs are also used in some cases for fighting the virus effectively. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
I am using otrivin nasal spray from 2 year my nose getting block every time I have food allergies and ot doesn't matter if I don't eat that food then it also happened block nose bcoz I am a bodybuilder so I have to eat eggs banana etc nd allergy report shows foods like this without otrivin I can't sleep can't eat can't breathe properly please help someone what I do can I don't use otrivin for some weeks then what should I do doctors please help I also use have use lot of nasal sprays but nd I see so much doctor's nothing happens.
I am a 32 year old male having pain in my right ear and getting too much of wax from both the ears reducing my hearing capacity. What shall I do? I have this problem from past 1 month.
The common reason why most of us get throat infections is because they are viral in nature. This means that if one person gets a throat infection then he transmits it to others by touching, coughing and sneezing etc.
Viral throat infections can be managed easily. There are several home remedies that can alleviate your viral infection. However, it is suggested to consult an ENT specialist if the home remedy is not providing any relief to you.
- Gargling: It is one of the most popular methods of treating viral throat infection. All you need to do is mix one tablespoon of salt in 200 ml of water and warm the solution. When the water becomes lukewarm, take a small portion of it and rinse your throat with the solution. Take care that the solution remains within your throat and does not reach your stomach. Rinse your throat for 5 minutes and repeat the procedure after a rest of 2 minutes. Ensure that the water remains lukewarm for effectiveness.
- Inhalation: Another common method of ridding yourself of viral throat infections is to inhale steam. Boil some water mixed with eucalyptus oil. When the water starts developing bubbles, take your face near it, cover it and the pot containing water with a dry towel and inhale the steam. This procedure is inconvenient for many people because inhalation results in sweating, but the result is perceptible. You must inhale steam for at least five minutes. Once you are done with inhalation, avoid taking cool fluids like cold water etc., else the effect would be reversed and your infection might get more severe.
- Take lots of fluids: Strange as it may sound, viral throat infection can also be treated by taking lots of hot fluids. The warm temperature helps in neutralising the viruses, while the fluids prevent the dehydration of the body. Take hot tea, coffee etc. when you have an infected throat.
- Drink hot milk and turmeric: Many mothers administer this solution to their kids to treat throat infections caused by viruses. This concoction is best taken before sleeping in the night. Turmeric has been found to carry several anti-microbial properties.
- Avoid smoking: If you are a smoker, you must avoid smoking to alleviate your viral throat infection.
- Use decongestants and nasal sprays: These substances make breathing easier by contracting the swollen mucous membranes. Nasal sprays also help relieve runny noses and post-nasal drips, which are so irritating and inconvenient to many. However, avoid administering this remedy to small children. Since these sprays contain synthetic drugs, it is advisable to stick to prescribed dosages for different age groups. Please also consult your ENT doctor before administering the nasal sprays to yourself or anybody else.
She is suffering from nasal allergy from last six years but she don't get any permanent relief. Suggest any complete remedy.
I have tonsils appear to be swollen on right side. It has white yellowish spots. And it appears to be small small balls and it has mucus in it. I have lot of mucus in throat and night it is more. My sleep is obstruct ed due to these. Mucus is thin and clear. I am allergic to dust.
I have tightness in my chest and upto the throat and feeling breathlessness. Is this due to gas or something else.
Doctor please tell me the best Medicine for sour throat, and also I m facing coughing problem, I often have coughing issues within a time period of 1 to 2 months is it a matter of concern!
Hi doctor, I have quite a few range of symptoms all of which have been happening for the last 7-8 years. I will list my symptoms numerically: 1) tinnitus (left ear) and hyperacusis (both ears) most likely from noise exposure. 2) everytime I laugh or if a conversation gets loud, the sounds in both my ears is very distorted. The noise distortion also happens if I turn the water tap on and the water is flowing. 3) my ears keep on clicking when I swallow and I can also make both my ears click voluntarily. 4) when I yawn, and try and breathe out, I can breathe out from both my ears. I strongly suspect I am suffering from eustachian tube dysfunction as before all these clicking and stuff started I had a bad cold/sinus infection. 4) my nose have been blocked for the past 7-8 years. I have tried nasonex but no help. Please can anyone offer any help. Anxiously awaiting reply. Thank-you very much,
Hi my throat infection I get fever body pain also 2day same I taken medicine ceftas-az-250, sumo & dolo pracetamole.
How to get rid of snoring while sleeping? I even almost left the smoking and alcohol. But still the snoring.
1.Gargle with warm water and salt
2.Have a couple of lozenges
3.choose a cough syrup that doesn't make drowsy
4.Drink warm fluids
5.Rest it out
6.Avoid oily and spicy foods