Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. D.Bala KukrejaYour feedback matters!
My wife was under treatment of PCOs and she had a miss carriage of 10 weeks in Nov 2015. Now she had consumed 10 tabs of Meprate 10mg as per doc suggestion, but her UPT test came positive showing 5 weeks 2 days baby. We want to continue with pregnancy, what are the consequences of meprate in this case?
Myself pregnant. During 2nd month my weight 56 kg and in 4th month still 56 kg. My weight not increase.Please tell.
I feel itching and also light burning sensation in my Labia majora area (skin around my vagina). Please tell me y is this irritation and what is the remedy.
Last month I had injury in my palm with window glass and had stitches on wound. Now wound is healed but that stitches portion is sensitive, hard on touching and little swollen. What should I do? And how much time will it take to become normal?
The greatest wealth is health. Physical health and mental health are just the two sides of the same coin. One wouldn't be functional without the other. For a person to achieve a complete sense of well-being, he or she needs to have a functional mental and physical health. Although there are hundreds of methods such as yoga, meditation, exercise and annual checkups to maintain good health, people are not aware of them due to many factors such as lack of awareness. Yet the following are some of the habits one can adhere to in their daily lives for a healthy living.
- Eat to stay fit: 'Every time you eat or drink, you are either feeding disease or fighting it.' Eating healthy is crucial as it facilitates and improves the metabolic functions of the body. One should always aim for a balanced diet consisting of adequate amounts of vitamins and minerals. Fresh fruits and vegetables should be included and fried, fat-rich and fast foods should be avoided to the extent possible. The right foods help in fighting foreign substances while the unhealthy ones breed them.
- Rest to be at your best: Requisite rest and sufficient sleep is essential for proper functioning of the body. If perhaps, early to bed and early to rise is not your thing, then you might try going to bed at a regular time each day. A good night's sleep rejuvenates both the body and the mind after a day's work. It can be compared to the refreshing cold water that one craves after a long run. So for those who love sleep, you people are possibly on the right track.
- Follow an active lifestyle: A sedentary lifestyle is perhaps the cause of a diaspora of diseases in the long run. A daily dose of physical activity is quintessential for maintaining a sound physical and mental health. Physical workouts and exercises lead to an increased circulation of blood throughout the body and help both the body and mind to stay fit. If you do not get enough time for workouts, try running or walking for at least 30 minutes a day. It will help. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Hi Doctors, My sister is carrying now and it is 7th month for her. After Delivery mothers get stretch marks on their stomach, right. So, I would like to know if we can prevent/reduce the marks if possible. Can anyone please suggest something?
I ate green papaya in my pregnancy. Google says dnt eat this. But I am having it. Now what will happen .i am in great fear.
I am a woman. Age 22. Pl suggest some medicine or injection so dat I will not get any pain during my first intercourse. Am going to be married.
My cycles are regular 28 days. So I planned a trip in such a way that my periods would be over by then. But to my dismay, my periods got delayed this time. Its 31 days and no sign of period. I have been taking ginger, methi. Nothing worked. Pregnancy test negative too. My question is can I start taking duphaston from today for 4.5 days such that I can finish my devotional trip? I already had many IVF failures. All my hormone tests are normal. But I am scared. But I can not imagine going in train for such a long way with periods that too last one being religious. Kindly reply soon.
I am 30 years old. Married from 3-1/2 years. I am planning for baby from 8-9 months. But no success. My period was not regular 1 year back so I took medicines now from May I have regular periods but enable to conceive. please suggest.
Sir my lover want to suck my penis .shall we enjoy .and for she don't have any HIV diseases .for me also don't have any problems like HIV .while we enjoy like sucking .did we get HIV r AIDS sir. Plzz help me.
I am 20 years young girl. When I thougt about my spouse. Milk discharged from my breast. Why? Is it normal.
I am a 25 ys lady having problem of missed period from 3 month did all test scanning and thyroid blood test all are normal. Use mesparte table for 6 days but no use. One doctor suggest to take progesterone for 5 days twice will it effect my future pregnancy or have any problem to my health im tensed please suggest me what to do for regular period. Without period I can not be present anymore.
Hymenoplasty is also known as hymen surgery. It is a surgical procedure where the hymen within the vagina is restored. The Hymen is a membrane covering the vaginal opening, which can be torn when a woman engages in coitus for the first time or it could be damaged due to other factors such as heavy lifting, exercise, cycling, swimming among many other activities. Hymenoplasty involves putting back the hymen’s torn edges to make it look like the hymen is intact.
Why do women want hymen reconstruction?
A woman would want a hymen reconstruction surgery for a number of reasons. They are:
- Religious reasons: In certain cultures, a woman’s hymen is inspected to make sure she has not engaged in coitus in the past. Virginity is valued highly is such places and if the woman is not a virgin, she may have to face social or even legal ramifications.
- In case of rape or sexual assault victims: In some cases, a rape victim may undergo this surgery to empower herself and feel mentally peaceful.
- Hymen related injuries: Certain factors like heavy exercise or sexual intercourse can cause rupture of the hymen which may cause bleeding, infections or other complications. A woman may want to rectify this with the help of this surgery.
The entire surgical process lasts for about 45-60 minutes. The surgery is carried out in an outpatient setting under general anesthesia. The torn skin membranes are rejoined using dissolvable stitches so that scaring is minimal.
This procedure can be carried out in three ways
1. Joining the torn edges with stitches.
2. An artificial membrane is placed in the area whose function is to behave as an artificial hymen. This hymen however, does not have any blood supply, so a capsule that contains blood can be placed with it.
3. A flap is taken from the vaginal lining, which is used to create a functional hymen with proper blood supply.
4. You can return to your work in about 2-3 days after the surgery. However, the entire healing process takes around two months.
The procedure caries some risks that you should be aware of, they are -
1. Bleeding: Some bleeding is normal after the procedure, but any prolonged case of bleeding may indicate a complication.
2. Infection: Like all surgeries, you may have infections in the concerned area. The doctor may prescribe antibiotics to deal with these infections.
3. Narrowing of the vaginal opening: In some cases, the vaginal opening can become narrow after the procedure. This however, can be resolved without the need for any treatment as it may become wider on its own over time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.