Find numerous Nephrologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Nephrologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Nephrologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. (Col) Rajesh Khanduja
Treatment of Blood in Urine
Treatment of Kidney Disease
Treatment of Frequent Urination Problems
Kidney Dialysis Treatment
Treatment of Fluid Retention
Kidney Stones Treatment
Treatment of Kidney Failure
Treatment of Kidney Diseases
Treatment of Nephrotic Syndrome
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Treatment of Nephropathy
Treatment of Nephrolithiasis
Treatment of Nephronophthisis
Treatment of Bartter Syndrome
Treatment of Renal Agenesis
Treatment of Alport Syndrome
Submit a review for Dr. (Col) Rajesh KhandujaYour feedback matters!
He is having kidney stone and he is under homeopathy treatment but suddenly now he is having fever & head pain. Please help me why is he having pain he has 2 stone so which one should be removed by medicine and other is still there.
I have kidney stone of 17 mm in left kidney. I do not want to go through an operation. Can lime juice help me get rid of this problem. It has been a problem for past 5-6 years, still not getting a good solution to the problem.
Sir I have been stopped mastrubation but now urine comes again and again like white water, why please tell me.
He has pain in his left kidney even he can not walk properly. In ultrasound a stone of 5 mm appears which we done 15 days ago. In another ultrasound doctor said that he had no stone now which we done 8 days ago. But still he has pain in left kidney. He has no relif. Even he can not pass urine properly. He says that urine amount is very less than it should come. He want to do but he can not. He is 15 years old. Please give us some advise.
I, m 62 Yrs old suffering from diabetes for the last four years. My creatinine level at the begning was well within the range of 0.8-0.85 but it went up to 1.28mg/dl with the medication for diabetes. From the begning I am using Formin plus 500 once after lunch which keeps the sugar level right from the very begning in the range of 110-160 mg/dl. I just wanted to know why my creatinine level has increased? Is there any side effect of the medicine which I am taking? Pl explain?
I have got fatty liver when gone for USG for kidney stone. What is it? What is the treatment and what care should I take?
What are kidney stones?
The primary function of the kidney is to filter the blood and eliminate the waste products through urine. The waste deposition is sometimes in the form of excessive calcium, uric acid and other undesirable contents. It may cause the urine to get highly saturated. This is when stone-like formations take place inside the kidneys. Kidney stones are also termed renal lithiasis or calculi. There are different kinds of kidney stones, which are differentiated based on its varied constituents. Kidney stones cause excruciating pain and uneasiness. Frequent urination, extreme discomfort during urinating and presence of blood in the urine are some of the major signs of kidney stones. The symptoms are not evident if the stones are very small in size.
Causes of kidney stones:
- Incorrect calcium intake: High amounts of calcium can lead to high calcium depositions in the kidneys. It is important to keep the calcium intake moderate. Calcium supplements must be checked if you have already included dairy products in your diet.
- Abnormal rates of sodium in the body: Sodium, just like calcium, gets deposited in the kidneys.
- Excessive animal protein intake: Too much of animal protein intake can make the urine turn acidic, leading to uric acid depositions in the kidneys.
- Sugary, aerated drinks: These lead to undesirable waste deposition in the blood stream and eventually in the kidneys.
- Inadequate water intake: Not keeping the body well hydrated can cause the urine to turn acidic and increase waste deposition.
Potential risks and complications of kidney stones:
- Kidney stones may cause an infection in the kidneys which may eventually spread to the other internal organs and surrounding tissues.
- Kidney stones block the ureter and cause severe pain and discomfort that make sitting, standing or any other posture difficult.
- Kidney stones rarely cause kidney failures but the severe blockage and infection may cause such detrimental results in the human body.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!