Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Col Dilip KumarYour feedback matters!
My colleague's son reported tooth ache. Pathology tests revealed cancer. He is nonsmoker and do not use alcohol. He died at 47 last week. Why his health worsened? Is it due to poor food habits?
Pyria is one of the cause of bad smelling. It may be due to irregular teeth placement in the oral cavity.
Visit you nearest orthodontist.
I am suffering from vomiting tendency from last 6 month. It always happen to me after doing toothbrush.
My father's tooth are damaging and decreasing, how can he prevent his tooth from damaging and how he can cure from this problem?
My tooth is paining a lot, only one side of molars part, please suggest something as soon as possible?
Sometimes there are some fafola grew in side my mouth. After 3-4 days it become clear automatically. Is there any solution.
Very problem my teeth blooding in my teeth very pain my teeth please sir solve my problem I m very sad from teeth pain problem sir.
Helo sir I am navin I am 20 years old man n I have suffering from cavity problem so what should I do.
My front teeth has half broken 6yrs ago. There is no problem with this. But I want to attach a piece to cover it. Is it possible? how much time will it take for the entire treatment?
I have a bridge placed on place of my 5 front smiley teeth. I want to remove bridge and have implants. Is it possible and will the implanted teeth be individual (each one with its own root and separated to the other one)?
My son has rct on his left upper last second molar tooth . But it is paining after rct too . He is scared of going to the dentist .He is taking painkillers and Ketorol DT . Please tell me the solution. His age is 14.
Hello, I am 34 y old male and I have a dry mouth for last 4 months. When I drink water after 30 minut I need to water. What should I do?
Everyday when I wake up in the morning, my mouth is filled with dirty liquid that's smell very bad and I have to split it out. What's that and why is it?
For most people, a visit to the dentist is not a routine affair, it is mandated by tooth pain or bleeding gums. Surveys have been conducted to understand this, and at least 50% of the people have a fear of dentists.
Listed below are some common reasons cited by people as to why they fear a dentist:
1. General Anxiety: Unlike a regular doctor's set-up, the dental office with its various equipment and materials can be quite intimidating for anybody. This is one of the main reasons most people fear going to a dentist. Whether it is the big X-ray equipment or the drills used on the teeth, the person walking into the clinic has a general fear.
2. Fear of embarrassment and negligence: As mentioned, most people go to the dentist when a symptom sets in. Visiting a dentist and opening the mouth reveals the negligence of the person in terms of oral health, and this is an embarrassment for most people.
3.Tooth removal: A decade or so ago, for most decayed tooth, removal would be the only problem. In such cases, especially if the tooth was grossly decayed, it would be removed, sometimes with use of multiple instruments and in small pieces. The recent advancements have reduced the instances of tooth removal, however, this is a major reason for people to fear a dentist.
4. Injection: The thought of having an injection in the mouth is another big no-no for most people. There could also be the possibility of having a bad experience with an earlier dentist, where there might have been more than a prick to get the anesthetic effect.
5. Fear of pain: In this major set-up, most people are not sure which instrument might be used on them and they fear that this can cause additional pain to the tooth that is already in pain.
6. Fear of getting bad news: The dentist will diagnose the problem and reveal bad news about the problem. This might involve not just complicated treatment but also can be quite expensive.
7. Connecting to a bad experience: In some cases, the person could have had a previous bad experience and this might prevent them from going to any other dentist. The bad memory always comes to the fore and prevents the person from going through another bad experience.
8. The use of drill: Whether or not the person in the clinic requires drilling, the mere sound of it puts off some people from visiting a dentist. Opening the mouth and getting a tooth drilled is one of the biggest fears for most people.
Walk into a dentist with none of these fears and you will be relieved of your dental and oral problems.
If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.