Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Cocoona
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. CocoonaYour feedback matters!
I am 25 year old unmarried girl. I have a severe hair loss problem for the past 4 years. I lost 3/4 part of my hair. So I am going to undertake a treatment. Will it show any side effects like weight gaining?
I have my periods for 2-3 days regularly in every month on time. But have a single hair on my chin grown few month back simultaneously with acne. As I was not having acne ever in my life. Kindly guide me. Is acne is because of any other problem.?
I am 19 years old boy. I have a red pimple on the tip of my nose from past few months. I have tried seba med soap, various face wash but no change is seen. How to get rid of it?
Freckles are not always unwanted. While some people can't stand them, a few people find them cute. However, everybody loves clear skin and to achieve that it is essential to bid farewell to freckles. Freckles are tiny brown spots that are caused by an increased production of melanin in the skin cells.
People with sensitive skin are more prone to freckles than others. If you're looking for a way to get clearer skin, here are a few remedies to help you deal with freckles:
- Use sunscreen: The first step towards fighting freckles is to prevent them. Freckles are a result of exposure to the sun and hence using a good sunscreen every day is a must. Choose a sunscreen that fights both UVA and UVB rays. The more your exposure to the sun, the higher the amount of SPF needed.
- Bleach them with lemon juice: Lemon juice is the best form of natural bleach. Apply freshly squeezed juice or bottled lime juice onto the skin and leave for 15*20 minutes. Do this twice a day to see your freckles fade. Along with bleaching the skin, the citric acid also helps tighten the skin and makes you look younger.
- Increase your intake of vitamin C: Vitamin C helps lighten the skin. Apart from the limes and lemons, kiwis, tomatoes, bell peppers and papaya are good sources of vitamin C.
- Use sour milk and sour cream: Sour milk and sour cream contain lactic acid that inhibits melanin production and lighten the skin. Wash your face with sour milk three to four times a day. You may rinse your face with water a little while after each sour milk wash. Apply the sour cream on your face as a mask and leave on for 15*20 minutes. This will help your skin absorb the lactic acid.
- Mask them with honey: Apply a mixture of honey and warm water over the freckles. Let it sit for a while and then rinse with lukewarm water. Follow this by rinsing your face with cold water. Alternatively, you could try a mask of honey and yogurt. Leave this mask on for at least half an hour.
- Try a fruit peel: Along with eating them, you could also put fruit directly on your skin to fight freckles. Blend fruits like strawberries, papaya, pineapple and cucumber and apply it on your face. As it dries the top layer of skin sticks to the fruit and is peeled off. With repeated use, you will notice your freckles fade away.
Lybrate | Dr. A K Chatterje speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
Things to Consider while Choosing Soaps
To keep your skin clean & healthy, cleaning is the most important step to be taken; cleansing removes dirt, sweat, sebum, microorganisms, dead cells and cosmetics too from your skin surface. For the skin to look healthy and glowing, its uppermost layer (called stratum corneum )should contain more than 10 % of the total water content of the body. But due to several reasons the water content will be reduced from this layer. And we already know that Soaps and cleansers are the most used essentials for skin hygiene. But while choosing one, have you ever thought if it provides you the benefits that it’s actually supposed to?
There are three factors to be considered in soaps; the pH content, tallow content and the irritable score of the soap.
Most of soaps are alkaline in nature; however, lesser the alkalinity , milder the soap . Normal pH of the skin is 4.5 to 5.5. This acidic pH changes to alkaline due to application of soap if their ph is above 7.Many a times to make the soaps neutral, certain emulsifiers are added, which cleanse and do little damage to the skin. Deodorant or anti-microbicidal bars have added anti-bacterial agent to eradicate bacteria. These soaps have a pH range of 9 to 10 and may cause skin irritation. Soaps with a moisturizing base contains agents like lanolin or glycerine. Their pH range is five to seven, thus they are non-irritant and good for dry skin. Soap free soaps have synthetic detergent as their base and are preferred for sensitive skin. An important point is that no soap is safe for the skin throughout one’s life. As one keeps growing older, the skin also changes its texture. Hence you must also keep changing the soap used to keep pace with the changing nature of the skin.
Lipid free cleansers or face washes contain water, glycerine and acetyl alcohol and do not contain any fat. They clean without soap formation and leave a thin moisturizing film. They are good for sensitive and photo aged skin. Cleansing creams are oil-based products, which remove grease and cosmetics from your outer skin by dissolving it in more oil; preferably good for dry skin. Cleansing lotions are water-based products that are good for normal and dry skin. Since it’s water based, it can be easily rinsed with water and is commonly sold as pore cleanser. Abrasive scrubs aid in removing dead cells and control excess sebum secretion. They are mechanical exfoliates made of granules in form of aluminium oxide, ground fruit pits etc.
I am 26 year old female> I am facing excessive hair loss from last two years. I am single, I eat good food- fruits, veggies, nuts, etc Still I lost half of my hair already, I tried using a lot of hair oils, aloevera gel, onion juice, but nothing is working.
Lybrate | Dr. Rajesh Shankar speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY