Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Chitra Raghunandan
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Chitra RaghunandanYour feedback matters!
I have TSH 14 and t3 and t4 normal I am taking thyronorm 75 mcg can I plan for 2 nd baby or can I wait until TSH will become normal, and mine 47 days cycle when I intercourse when and my blood reports are normal and my husband semen are normal.
I am 23 years old and I have missing periods from long time. Can you suggest me some natural homemade things to cure it.
If you are not planning to have sex anymore can you stop your birth control immediately. There are only 2 tablets remaining in the pack. Had protected intercourse 12 days back. Can I stop the pill right now?
Its my 33th day from the last period and still I didn't get my period. I have a little pain in my back and feels little burning sensation during toilet. I am worried about thinking of pregnancy. Please suggest what should I do?
Rhinoplasty, more commonly known as Nose-Job, is a cosmetic procedure designed to change the shape and size of the nose.
A Rhinoplasty can effectively change the size and shape of the nose to complement the facial balance. It also helps improve nasal symmetry efficiently enhancing your facial features.
How is the surgery performed?
The operation involves an incision which is made for easy access to the cartilage and bones of the nose. These incisions are generally placed inside the nose, so that they do not appear as scar marks after the surgery is done. Moulding, removal or replacement of the bone or cartilage depends on the demands of the restructuring of the nose. Once the reshaping of the nose is done, the nose tissue is put back into place and a splint is temporarily placed to support the new structure of the nose. The splint is removed at 5-7 days.
Precautions to take after a nose surgery
After a nose surgery, the area around your nose will stay swollen and bruised for around 10-15 days. Thus you have to ensure that-
You get adequate period of rest.
Use cold compresses over the swollen face, this will reduce the swelling and ease the pain.
Do not indulge in relatively vigorous physical activity for 15 days.
Take you medicines regularly.
Risks of nose surgery
Every surgery or medical procedure involves certain risks, and so does Rhinoplasty. Along with some puffiness and bruising around the eye and nose region, you may also experience-
Some amount of bleeding
Injury to the septum area
Irritation of the skin and skin problems
Nasal blockage due to swelling in the inner nasal area
Complications resulting from anaesthesia
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Pragtent hone ke liye kitne din tak sexs karna chahiye. Or kya ovulation ke bad sexs karne se pregnant hote hi.
Childbirth is a very strenuous procedure, one has to undergo. Just like pregnancy, vaginal childbirth can take a toll on your health. But, there are certain simple tips and tricks you can have up your sleeves which can ensure you stay in optimal health post child birth.
Listed below are a few steps one can undertake to take care of your body after childbirth:
A healthy meal: Since childbirth, both vaginal and Cesarean Section (C-Section), are strenuous procedures, you should choose to eat healthy and balanced meal which provides your body with the necessary nutrients and energy. Since, you are also breast-feeding, you need the required nutrients to pass off to your child.
Good rest is a must: You need to sleep on time and rest to relax your body. If you do not rest enough, you will be able to see the negative effects on your skin, manifesting in the form of puffy eyes and reduced energy levels. This puts extra strain on your body. Hire a nanny if you must; but, make sure you sleep on time to give your body the desired rest.
Work-out: You definitely cannot work-out in full flow after you have just had a child as your body is still healing. However, what you can do is engage in mild forms of Yoga stretches and breathing exercises to relax your body. Working out will help you relax your muscles and lose the fat, your body has gained during pregnancy. It also releases ‘endorphins’, the ‘happy hormones’ which make you feel better, both physically and psychologically.
Drink a lot of fluids: It is advisable for you to consume fluids after childbirth. The fluids relieve your body from toxin build-up and help in detoxifying and relaxing your body. Opt for vitamin based drinks and smoothies which impart sufficient nutrition to your body.
Heal your perineum: The best way to take care of your perineum is by cleaning it with lukewarm water and a few drops of aromatherapy oils or bath salts. Invest in a hazel pad if required as the gentle squirts of water help in cleaning the bacteria and blood off your perineum. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
If girl is pregnant first time. But husband is not with her, means can she give birth child easily or she must do operation for DAT.
I recently got married . But this is my wife second marriage. She has got one daughter from her first husband. Now we are planning to have a baby of both of us. But I have a doubt. If I will insert my sperm inside her , will it cause HiV virus to me. As she was sexually active with her First husband. If I do sex with her and insert my sperm in her will it lead to HiV.
Poor sex education and awareness can lead to pregnancy in the teenage years, which continues to be a problem that affects almost all countries. In fact, USA is the leader in teen pregnancy with most cases. As per records, about 35% of the girls get pregnant at least once before they reach 20 years of age.
This is a problem for the mother and for the child and is a social menace. Read on to understand a little more on how it affects both.
How it affects the mother?
- Teenage pregnancy is a result of negligence and poor awareness in most cases. The chances of habits like smoking, alcohol abuse and drug abuse are quite high in these mothers, which have adverse effects on the fetus during pregnancy. This also means their responsibility in terms of sufficient prenatal care, nutrition, and overall care for themselves and the child would not be optimal.
- Higher rates of maternal death: If girls who are less than 15 years of age get pregnant, the death rate is quite high. In addition, there is also poor weight gain, anemia, pregnancy-induced hypertension, STDs (sexually transmitted diseases). All these can have an effect on the child including low birth weight, vital organ malformations, congenital disorders, respiratory distress, and very high levels of infant mortality.
- With the added responsibility of the child, the chances that the teenager would go to school after childbirth and complete education and look into employment are also reduced drastically.
- Very often, teenage mothers also tend to remain single, as the child is usually born out-of-wedlock and is a result of negligence.
- The chances of having children later in life is also reduced, given all the changes that she goes through early on in life.
How it affects the child?
- As a corollary to the effects on the mother, the first effects include low birth weight, malformation of vital organs, inadequate healthcare, and even very high rates of infant mortality in the first year of life.
- Other medical conditions like chronic respiratory problems, mental retardation, cerebral palsy, and blindness are very common.
- There could also be developmental issues like attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, dyslexia, and other
- Given the social circumstances in which they are born, they are more exposed to early motherhood, single parenthood, broken marriages. This affects the regular parenting care that they receive resulting in improper nutrition and healthcare.
- Again, the poor social set-up also does not ensure sufficient education opportunities for the child. They may also get into child labor and become easy prey to neglect and abuse.
- The chances of girls born to teenage mothers themselves becoming teenage mothers is also quite high, leading to a vicious cycle.
Most countries are trying to fight this social menace by involving families, schools, and healthcare professionals, and running social campaigns and programs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.