Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Chitra GuptaYour feedback matters!
The secret to avoiding bone and joint related injuries revealed!
An average person experiences two fractures during his or her lifetime and same holds true for joint related injuries. The severity of this condition depends on a number of factors, ranging from the forces responsible for injury and location to the damage done to the nearby tissues and bones.
How age plays a role in your chances of getting a fracture?
Your risk and severity of developing a fracture, depends, to a certain extent on your age.
A very common occurrence during childhood is crippling joint related injuries, the fractures that you tend to have during this time are generally less complex than the broken bone instances that you stand to experience when you enter adulthood.
With time, your bones become fragile and you become prone to broken bones sustained from falls, which you wouldn't when you were young. Furthermore, as you step into your 50th year, you can get struck by the bone condition osteoporosis, a leading cause of bone fractures during this time. For women, menopause makes them more susceptible to osteoporosis (as infrequent periods and hormonal changes at this time lead to loss of bone mass) and subsequently broken bones.
Preventing crippling joint injuries need many steps in younger generation known as prehab especially for sporting population and adult population involved in day to day activities requiring your body getting subjected to physical stress.
Simple steps to get your joints back to normal in case you do get into injuries.
- having a calcium and vitamin d rich diet to strengthen bones
- exercising to strengthen bone and muscle health as well as your balance
- taking relevant medicines to make your bones strong
- going for timely bone mineral density test to determine the health of your bone
- exposing yourself to the sun for about 20 minutes everyday
- having a requisite calcium intake of 1000 mg and 1200 mg for pre- and postmenopausal women respectively
- preventing a fracture by modification in your household furniture, extra clothings, sometimes addition of simple orthotic devices, improving your muscle reaction time etc go in long way to help prevent falls.
I am 20 year old. I got back pain since 3 days. I am using ointment but I do not get any relief. please tell me what should I do.?
I am 45 years women and have back pain last 4 years haven't got any relief what should I do now? Please help me doctor?
My vitamin d is very low. Reports show below 4. But my calcium levels are ok. I have a problem of acute pain in my feet if I stand for a long or exert myself. Please guide me as what should I do.
When I get physical I am having pain in my back and after 1 day it gets relief why I face this pain and what's the option dat I would not get d pain.
I am so tired. I sleep well at night although I want more sleep I can't get up to the bed at all my body is very pain soon I get very tired. I am working sit in 8 hours in office I have the back pain severely I can't walk with long time this problem having 1 month give a medicine doctor.
My mom has pain at the joint of hand and shoulder. Normally it suffers her all around the day. But even after a lit bit of work when she tries to raise her hand it gradually increase. What should be done for such a problem?
I met with a accident 5-years back and went to coma for 3-weeks n in semi-coma for 2-months after 1-year later operation had made for my right hand brachial plexus and days pass on n I had operated for 5 different surgery for 5- years for my hand only 6-months back another operation had done to me but know i'm suffering with sever back pain because of injucting of annetia on my back side opposit saides of spinal cord, please give information that when will the pain will reduce completely
I was suffering from jaundice 10 days back. Now my reports are normal. Can I go back to my normal diet specially non veg?
I used to run daily but in my knee I have problem if put some pressure on my knee it got pain otherwise normal. Pain is slightly minute but not getting over.
Hello sir, I have severe lower back pain snd leg pain in left side whenever I stand for long. Why does this happen? And it's my job to stand continuous at least 1 hour a day! So I can not stop standing What should I do to reduce the pain? I also have approximately moderate tingling sensation in left feet in back of thighs whenever pain gets severe. I can't take pain killers daily for this will have side effects. But how can I stop this pain?
I have acute waist pain during one week for that I cannot sleep properly especially in morning please help me out.
I feel so lethargic and I have lower back pain continuously from last 3-4 months, pain is there in shoulder too. My complete body ache if am sitting more than an hour. After getting up from sitting position my knees pain too. If i'm moving i'm ok, or else my all parts r in pain. Never feel fresh n active. Please advise.
Mera accident ho gaya hai or ghutne mein chot aayi h. Per 5 din se dard kam nahi hua h. Jab hilta hai to dard hota h kya karu?
No matter what is the cause of a backache, a combination of core strengthening exercises, activity and physical therapy can help lessen the pain. A backache can be caused by something as simple as bending the wrong way. Hence, the first step towards dealing with a backache is to pay attention to daily movements. Homeopathy effectively deals with back pain, though it takes some time for the pain to subside.
Top homeopathic medicines for curing back pain are:
- Rus Tox: If you want to stop chronic condition of your back pain, then nothing can be the best option other than this medicine. Most of the homeopathic practitioners are now strongly recommending this medicine for severe cases. Only limited dosage of this medicine taken in a consistent manner can offer you more relief from your back pain and you can get greater relaxation.
- Bryonia: There are some prominent symptoms of back pain and they can be easily and efficiently alleviated by this medicine. If you have become pretty tired of trying homemade therapies, then you can try out this solution. This medicine can reduce your pain and inflammation within a few hours and you can get back to your daily activities with great energy. Apart from taking this medicine, you have to take enough rest so that your back can get relaxed. Your back motion can be smoothened and made flexible by taking the medicine.
- Arnica: Injured back often leads to severe back pain and it can be well treated by this homeopathic medicine. Both recent and past back-injuries can be treated using this medicine. This medicine is absolutely safe and thus you will not face any side-effects at all. Unwanted back stiffness and soreness within back muscles can also be minimized to a great extent with the consistent application of this medicine. Back motions can be made much more flexible by curtailing restlessness.
- Kali carb: This medicine is the best back-pain solution for females. Those females who have severe back pain immediately after delivery can get greater relief from this medicine. In this case, back muscles often develop cramping pains and these pains are very much irritating and thus you might feel disturbed. This is the reason doctors often recommend taking this medicine to fix the problem.