Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Chhavi JainYour feedback matters!
A sparkling set of shiny white teeth can make a smile more appealing and infectious. Yellow teeth can be extremely embarrassing and annoying. The important dental tissues that make up a tooth include the Enamel, Dentin, Cementum and the Pulp, of these four tissues, the enamel (the white and hard teeth surface) and the dentin (pale brown) are responsible for the tooth colour. Any damage to these two tissues bring about teeth discolouration and factors that contribute significantly towards yellowing of teeth include:
- Poor dental care and hygiene like improper and inadequate flossing and brushing techniques.
- Unhealthy lifestyle habits like chewing of tobacco and betel nuts, smoking, excessive consumption of alcohol, tea and coffee.
- Certain medical conditions and treatments (chemotherapy and radiation) can adversely affect the dentin and the enamel. Antihistamines are also known to stain the teeth. It is best to avoid mouth washes containing Cetylpyridinium Chloride.
- With age, the enamel tends to thin naturally exposing the dentin that lies underneath it.
- Fluoride intake in excess can stain and discolour the teeth.
- Yellow or discoloured teeth can also be genetic.
Yellow teeth, though frustrating, can be fully treated. The mode and success of the treatment is largely influenced by the extent of the teeth discolouration.
- Avoid smoking and chewing of tobacco as much as possible. Control the intake of drinks and foods that can stain and discolour your teeth.
- Practice healthy dental hygiene. Brush your teeth twice daily.
- Some whitening agents (over-the-counter) can be effectively used to treat yellow teeth.
- Dental veneers are a great way to deal with yellow teeth.
- For a healthy set of white teeth with pearly shine, visit your dentist every six months.
In addition, several natural and homemade remedies can also prove to be beneficial
- Nothing can treat yellow teeth more effectively than baking soda. Brushing your teeth with toothpaste mixed with baking soda (about a quarter teaspoon) can do the yellow teeth a world of good. Using a mixture of baking soda with vinegar (white), lemon juice and hydrogen peroxide is an effective natural remedy.
- A healthy practice to get rid of yellow teeth is to rub the teeth with orange peel every night.
- Rubbing the teeth with Strawberry paste will help to reduce the yellow stain greatly.
- The benefits of lemon are known to all. Brush your teeth with a mixture of lemon juice and salt. Wash it off after a few minutes and the yellow tinge will be a thing of the past.
- Charcoal, Apples and Basil leaves are powerful natural ingredients to treat yellow teeth.
Your smile is precious! Do not lose it to yellow teeth.
Nicotex chewing gums is really useful to quit smoking? If so how it works & how long has to use to gave up smoking habit?
Taking a good meal before the Root Canal Treatment is advised as the process can take as long as three hours in some cases.
Teeth in my lower jaw are somewhat not straight. So I wanted advice if I should go for braces or not. Do braces loosen my teeth and are they good at age of 25. Or should I continue as it is.
My teeth appears to be yellowish though I brush twice a day and tried many toothpaste none works. I want my teeth to be shinier and whitier. Please suggest help.
I am 24 years old and I am getting blood from my mouth when I spit since last 6 months what to do? I am getting it more when I try to suck from the behind my teeth on the top.
I am 25 old I am suffering mouth ulcer on month on month for 7 to 10 days in a month. Please give me any solution.
My daughter is 7 years old and her teeth growing not in appropriate order. Three teeth of upper gum in front face growing back portion of gum and the there is more gap between two teeth. What I will do in this circumstances? Pls. Help me.
Dentist - Dr. I heard there is a technology thru wish a tooth can be screwed into the gums instead of using a bridge. Can you plz let me know where could I get it done in Chennai and what is it called in medical terminology ?
I am 22 years old I want to make my teeth straight it is zigzag. So it can be possible to make straight? if it is possible then nearly how many it's cost?
Inborn I do not have 4 teeth in my mouth Is there is any chance to come the teeth Last week I consult a doctor who told there is chance but if it don't work what can I do?
Hi Due to upper jaw teeth infection my cheek got swollen. After infection dentist removed the teeth. Though cured the swelling remained. Is the swelling dangerous? if so what to do?
I want to know about dental aesthetic treatment like veneers , types of veneers, cost per tooth and pros & cones of the same.
My daughters aged 8 + has some gum problem. She can not bite guava/fruit directly. If the fruit is cut into pieces, then she can bite. If I ask her why she can not bite, she tells that she feels pressure in teeth resulting a bit of small pains in the gum. Please advice What will I do?
1) Heat applied to hair
2) No moisture
3) Tight hairstyles
4) Overuse of chemicals in the form of Shampoo and dyes.
5) Wrong combs.