Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Chaya Gupta
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Chaya GuptaYour feedback matters!
I have 12 months old baby girl. Mere baby girl k sex part par ak hi ched h .kya ye normal h .plz tell me about it.
Infants often suffer from certain diseases which need proper care and timely treatment for quick recovery. At times, it can be difficult to communicate with an infant and understand his/her needs and problems but with a close observation you will surely be able to detect any alteration in the baby's behavior and sense it when he/she is ill. Here are some of the most common diseases infants are susceptible to and what you can do about them.
1. Abdominal distension
It is normal for a baby's belly to stick out after he/she has been fed, but if between feedings there is swelling in the abdomen or it feels hard, it can be an indication of a problem. If this symptom is accompanied by vomiting and absence of bowel movements for more than two days, your baby may be suffering from abdominal distention. This condition may have been caused by swallowing of extra air by the baby while crying or feeding. In such a situation, a pediatrician should be consulted for proper diagnosis and treatment.
It is common among newborns to develop mild forms of jaundice as the undeveloped liver is often not able to eliminate the chemical bilirubin from the blood. Mostly, this situation proves to be harmless till the level of bilirubin reaches a certain limit. After that, the disease must be properly treated to avoid damage to the baby's brain or nervous system.
3. Rsv infection
Rsv or respiratory syncytial virus is responsible for causing respiratory problems among infants. Rsv infection usually affects the bronchial passage and shows symptoms like cough, runny nose and mild fever which may even lead to bronchitis. Moreover, this infection may also develop into viral pneumonia, which makes it more important to consult a pediatrician if your baby shows any of the above symptoms.
Infants are susceptible to watery bowel movements due to the action of virus, allergens, specific medications or bacteria. If you observe that your baby is passing stools more often than usual and it is watery, then it may be a case of diarrhea. Sometimes, these symptoms are accompanied by high fever, abdominal pain, lethargy, vomiting, dry eyes and mouth etc. In this situation you should consult your pediatrician and focus on replacing the fluids your baby has lost, to prevent dehydration.
My six months old child head is hot condition almost time. What may be the reason? Please suggest me a home first aid before consulting a doctor.
Hello All, My son is 1 year old and I can see small small white dots on his right leg. Just wanted to know about the same. Is any medicine or anything needs to be done.
Hello doctor my baby is 2.5 years and she got muscle strain in left side of her neck. Please suggest best available treatment and medication.
My son is suffering From cold and cough once he felt very difficult to breadth the doctor gave me budamate400 transcaps and lupihaler and some tableslike sompraz20, ivepred4andacebrophylline capsules 100 mg. Sir I want to know that this medicine for asthma or for allergies.
My six years old son has been passing stool in clothes in day as well as in night. We have consulted more than doctors but no result. Please tell us the possible cause of this?
Nursing improperly often becomes a big reason for tooth decay and caries in babies. The way out is to get the baby tooth cared for from the very first day. This form of tooth decay is associated with nursing, when the baby sucks the pacifier, or takes other sugary juices or drinks, or formula milk from a nursing bottle.
The main causes of nursing bottle caries:
The babies are often fed in nursing bottles or feeding bottles, and the bottle nipple often stays in the mouth for long; sometimes overnight also if not taken care of. Again, the babies are pacified with pacifiers, which are often dipped in honey or a sugar solution, and this again brings in more reasons for dental caries. In any of the situations described, the baby's newly formed teeth which are susceptible to all forms of decay and damages while being gentle and new can get cavities. The sugary liquids and milk can form a coating on the teeth which brings in cavities.
How to prevent the nursing caries:
The best option to prevent is not to leave the baby with the bottle or pacifier for long. Again, the pacifier or the bottle should be always washed properly, sterilized and not left in the mouth of the baby uncared, especially during sleep time, when the baby sleeps while sucking onto them.
There are some steps to follow to prevent the early tooth decay and maintain baby dental hygiene. They are:
1. Even before the first tooth comes out, massage and clean the baby's gums with a clean washcloth or soft cotton everyday, and after every long feeding.
2. You don't need toothpaste to start brushing the first few new teeth that come out. Just brush without a toothpaste and use a very soft gentle brush to form the habit. In areas where no tooth has come up, brush and massage the gums only.
- When all the teeth have come up, start flossing everyday
- Try to take the baby for a dental checkup at least every year if not every six months.
- Try to cut down on the consumption of extra sweet beverages. Add some water to the fruit juice to dilute the concentration and sweetness.
All these steps mentioned are great to start healthy and good dental care and hygiene, and if you follow them well, then dental caries will be away.
1. It is important to gargle with warm water immediately after nebulization. This measure is intended to wash out the deposits of drugs that if allowed to stay within the oral cavity, will lead to hoarseness of voice and oral ulcers.
2. Following the gargle, drink 2 cups of warm water. This measure will wash out the drugs that is deposited during nebulization on the walls of the esophagus. Thus avoid esophageal irritation caused due to the drug deposited on the inner walls of the esophagus.
3. It will definately help to have a air purifier at home to monitor the particulate matter content in the ambience. This will also reduce the frequency of attacks and enable relatively clean air for the affected, creating comfortable indoors.
4. Take time out to teach children on how to apply the inhaler effectively so as to be able to self-help during acute asthmatic attacks. If available, adrenaline shots of 0.5 to 1 mg may be carried on them, so that in event of severe asthmatic attack, a subcutaneous shot of adrenaline is life saving.
5. Be aware of early signs of an attack, point out these early signs to asthmatic children so that they may stop their activity and take self-help measures.
6. Do not wait for ambulances to arrive in case anybody is in acute asthmatic attack, sit the person in upright position, give them multiple shots through pocket inhaler or start nebulisation with duolin +/- budecort, if the affected person is carrying a adrenaline shot - 1mg subcutaneous should be given on the deltoid of either upper limb of the person.