Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Chaya GuptaYour feedback matters!
How will I come to know whether my two months old daughter had her stomach full just after feeding. As she use to cry even after feeding. Please tell me what to do if the milk is not enough for her.
I have a child of 2.5 yrs and and I m very serious for his nutition. Khuch khata hi nahn bhookh hi nahn lagti. Kya khilaun use. That healthy for him. Please give suggetion.
I have a 8 years old daughter. She is a old case of atopic dermatitis. However between age 2-6 she had no problems. Now her IgE level is 1600. Her condition worsens when she catches cold, eats nuts, chips and chocolates. She responds only to topical steroids namely mometasone furoate. Which medicine can help reduce her IgE levels?
My baby boy age is 24 month and 18 days. From the last 10 days he is very much crying when we wear clothes and tie his hairs. He is behaving very weird and crying continuously for an hour or two hour. He is not speaking more just few words he spoke maa , baba , nahi,…. I am a working women and some time I had to send him with his grandmother to our home town. Lastly he had gone alone with her on 11 aug 2016 and after coming (20-aug-2016) their he is behaving like this. Pls help me to solve my baby problem.
What types of food I can give my baby as she is just five months and I don't have much breast-feeding because of very less milk. Other than formula milk what can I give her.
My 6 month old child have some problem in their lounge, i have touch some doctors and they provide medicine like candid mouth paints but there is no any improvement, please suggest me, thank u R.S.Choudhary 9771476142
My new born 23 days boy child unable to feed properly from breasts and have to give Lactogen 1 advised by the doctors when discharged from hospital now I have to know how many times in a day I can give that though mother is trying to breast feed frequently and whats the quantity of L1 should I gave to him so that his stomach get full.
Plz suggest any vit d syrup for my 4 months old daughter. As I am giving her A Z drop DEPURA IS THIS ENOUGH OR I SHOULD CHANGE. please DOCTORS HELP ME.
Greetings. My daughter is 3.5 months old and my wife is 30 years old. Lately, it seems our baby is not getting enough milk from her mother so as per my mom's advise, we mixed half boiled water in equal amount of cow's milk and tried spoon feeding her in a steel vessel. However, my baby is not drinking that spoon needed milk as she has a habit keeping her tongue out. Due to this, she is crying (not frequent though), usually she cries only when she wants to sleep. My mom says we shouldn't feed baby with nipple bottle as it is not good for teeth and hygiene issues are their too. I request expert pediatrician or any doctor who can comment on my below questions. 1. What can we do in this case so baby's hunger gets satisfied completely? I mean what ideally we should do? 2. For how many hours out of 24 hours, a baby sleeps which is less than 6 months old? Any suggestions are highly appreciated, thank you in advance.
As a parent, we all love our children deeply. And most of us will agree that these days parenting is very demanding and exhausting instead of pleasurable and joyous process. What has changed? It is not that children are any different. The difference is in the environment around them with stronger social influences; and this also affects the way we parent. In today's more democratic and egalitarian world; 'Do as I say and not as I do' style of parenting does not work. But, 'I will do as I see you doing' phrase from kids define our parent child relationship.
With change in social environment and influence, our strategies for correcting their behaviour and impart discipline has to undergo adaptation! When there are so many confusing and conflicting signals reach to our kids from their environment, whether we like it or not, we are still their role models. How positive parenting style will help? The core principle of positive parenting is to accept your child as an individual. We are in a democratic society and family is a small yet important part of society. Democracy does not mean allowing disrespectful and irresponsible behaviour; rather to effectively help kids change their behaviour and create harmonious and cooperative relationship with them. It also means that we as a parent need to learn to think, act and react in a different way.
Through, positive parenting, you will learn respectful disciplining methods, which would work better than demanding compliance. Through these principles and tips you will get your child to listen without screaming, nagging, reminding or evoking rebellious behaviour. More importantly this is all about building stronger relationship bond with your children and nurture them through early childhood to teen age years as they become independent, responsible, capable, kind, happy and successful young adults.
Tips to get you started:
- Everyone deserves to be treated with respect and dignity, including children.
- When your kid misbehaves instead of shouting or hitting, control your anger and respond in a calm and respectful way. Calmer but firmer tone and lower voice, yet not giving into their repeated demand, is much more effective as a discipline tool compare to nagging.
- Understandable that you have a lot on your plate, such as work, managing and keeping the home in order, managing meals and other outside responsibilities, kids sports or extracurricular activities, family obligations and so on. It is easy to get lost in all these 'have to do' activities. Parenting shouldn't be just one more task to deal with. Reconnecting with your parenting goals and aspirations periodically will help take the stress out of it and add fun into it. Spend some time daily (10 minutes will do as well!) to just listen and enjoy your child (without correcting them or giving them suggestion to improve!).
- Let your love for them be the driving force. Shift your internal conversations from 'have to' to 'want to'. As you do enormous things for your child each day, think how you are supporting their ambitions. How you are helping them become independent and strong. How you are nurturing qualities like compassion and deep listening by extending yourself.
- Give promises and keep them. As your children grow they need much more than your words to trust and rely on you. Keeping your promises, letting them know if you need to change the plan, taking their opinion in appropriate matter will go a long way.
- Seek to understand and do not impose yourself on your child. Especially when they are in their teenage, as a parent you have lot of worries, you are afraid of them making mistakes and of course you want to protect them from vices. Listening to them while keeping your focus on genuinely understanding them is the only way to go, when they know you understand them and they can trust you, the street between both of you turns two way street! They will be open to your wisdom and suggestion when they are at the cross road.
- Last but not the least, 'be a role model'. Don't preach. If they see you disrespecting others, they will not respect you. If they see you hooked on your smart phone; that is their license to keep theirs in front of their eyes 24/7. If you are hooked in front of the TV till late night and haven't picked up a book in last 6 months. Advice about reading is going to fall on dumb ears. In short, be the change you want to see in your children.
- Have family nights at least once in a week, play cards, board games or go for a walk together. Talk and listen. Just be there and listen without judgement and criticism, without thinking about how to correct them. Just enjoy each other's company and see how they are changing their opinion about you. Positive parenting doesn't mean you will never have problems in your family. You will? if you are alive and growing family. Positive parenting style will open up the avenues to keep communication alive; it will open your children to your influence. Isn't it something that we all wish for!!