Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ChawalaYour feedback matters!
Good morning sir Two years back when i'm drawing blood from on the patient I got accidental needle poked later since 6 months back im suffering with skin allergy itching like HIVES all over body from head to toe and severe knee joint pain, weight loss. The more I scratch my skin the more itching. I am taking anti histamines regularly but no use i'm feeling some symptoms similar to HVS-1 recently I checked HSV! by elisa but -VE I have doubt as I using antihistamines is there any chances wrong diagnosis. Pls help me in Diagnosis.
I have fungal infections since 12 year but I take treatment on it but some days after again I have this infections.
Wounds and bruises are both injuries. However, they differ widely in terms of the causing factors, the nature of the injury, the pain they cause and the kind of treatment they require.
The following are a few of the myriad ways in which the two injuries differ from each other:
- A wound causes quick damage - the skin tissue is cut or punctured while a bruise (also called a closed wound) is where the skin is not torn.
- A wound is usually caused by a sharp object but bruises are the results of blunt force or trauma.
- A wound almost certainly bleeds due to ruptured tissue and blood vessels. Blunt injury also damages the blood capillaries of the skin and causes blood to accumulate under the skin tissue, creating a dark patch of skin. Blood vessels can also break due to lifting of heavy objects or overexertion of muscles.
- A wound carries the risk of infection because the skin is open but a bruise does not get infected.
- A wound has a burning or stinging sensation but a bruise is characterized by swelling and a blunt throbbing pain.
- A wound can be healed by antiseptic and antibiotic medication. Large wounds need to be closed by stitching them up to avoid severe infection. On the other hand, a bruise usually heals by itself. A cold compress and pain killers may be used to ease discomfort. Heat can be applied to the injured spot to normalize the blood flow and dissolve the blood clot.
- A wound can lead to complications like bacterial infections or the healing might be delayed by chronic diseases like diabetes. In case of a bruise, it usually does not cause complications but if there's a blunt injury to sensitive areas like the head, the tailbone or the eyes, medical attention is advised.
- Wounds and bruises can also be differentiated on the basis of their subtypes.
The different types of wounds are:
- Incision (sharp objects cutting the dermis layer of skin)
- Abrasion (the epithelial tissue is scraped off)
- Avulsion (a body structure is torn off)
- Penetration (a sharp object causes an entry and an exit wound)
- Puncture (only an entry wound caused by a sharp object)
The different types of bruises are:
- Hematoma (blood pools under the skin)
- Purpura (tiny spots of blood on the inside of the mouth)
- Contusion (similar to hematoma and caused by external trauma)
- Crush injury (caused due to a large amount of force on the body part for a long time). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
My age is 33 years & I am suffering from baldness on the center of my head. Two years ago I was suffered from stomach pain & after that I suffered from baldness, suggest me medical treatment for recovery of my hairs.
I am 26 years old and I am facing hair fall. Everyday it used to fall 10 hairs after or during bath.
Is nuface sunblock spf 30 good for acne prone skin. This is because it has oil in its contents. So can it be used kn my skin without it causing me acne? Dermatology advice needed. Thank you.
I play cricket that's why I am getting rashes on my hands which gets expose to sun due which I get itching every now and then. So what should I do?
I am getting white heads on the nose and also it was spreading all over the nose, please give me the helpful suggestion.
I am suffering in acne problem on my face. I have many pimples. I am 17 years old boy pls try to help me to reduce or remove my heavy pimples.
Lybrate | Dr. Saurabh Dhara speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
I have pimples on my face from 2 and half years but now they are getting worst and paining. What should I do? Recently I went to one skin care clinic the dermatologist present their given me azee 500 mg. And femcinol a gel and suggested to do their treatment RAPID 360 ACNE CLEAR TREATMENT costing 13000rs. Should I do that?
Want to improve my face colour to white badly. I want quick change in my face. Suggest a good ointments and some tabs two. I want red face. Help me.
I have black spot and pimple on my body as well as face. Pls suggest me what is way of relief from this.
I have low hair density on my head (Top). My father is also having same problem. please suggest me to growing normal hairs on head. i am afraid.
I am 17 years old since 3 months Im suffering from lot's pimples on my face so what should I do. Even though I won't eat outside food I eat only homemade food.
One of the biggest worries that can be caused by a seemingly harmless thing is that caused by falling of hair or hair loss as it immediately throws up a stark image of a bald pate, which no one wants to have. The very thought of hairfall tends to lower your confidence about your looks. It may even make you a target of jokes. A commonly heard joke in our part of the world is that if one is losing hair, it is an indication that he is becoming rich. In reality, the opposite is more likely to be true. A person with falling hair ends up losing or spending a fortune trying to stop the hair from falling and preserving one’s crowning glory. Moreover, there is no dearth of enterprising people out to fleece such patients who are already hassled.
Causes of Hairfall or Baldness
The causes of excessive hairfall can vary from person to person as there are various possible reasons for this phenomenon.
- Deficiency in one’s diet where one does not get adequate levels of the required minerals and vitamins can be one prominent cause. Micronutrients like Zinc, Selenium and Iron are important for the normal growth of hair and any deficiency in these can cause hairfall.
- The absence of good health or the presence of some or the other illness can also cause the hairfall to increase. Post Coital Tristesse
- In males, the most common cause is the androgenic baldness or the male pattern baldness. This variety of baldness is present only in males and tends to run in families. It occurs due to the presence of excess of testosterone, which results in increased hair growth all over the body but the hair on the head falls out.
- Fungal infections of the scalp can also cause baldness in patches. Other localised infections of the scalp can also cause hairfall.
- Hairfall can occur in females just after pregnancy or after delivery. This has to do with the changes in the hormones that occur during these phases.
Role of Homeopathy in Curing Hairfall
Homeopathy is very effective in treating hair fall or baldness or alopecia. As mentioned earlier, when we say baldness, we do not mean the male pattern baldness or the androgenic baldness. In such cases, we can only reduce the hairfall. But in other cases, the homeopathic medicines for hair fall not only treat the symptoms i.e. the hairfall but also cure the systemic problems that are the root cause of the hairfall. In case the bald spots are happening due to fungal infections, the homeopathic medicines eradicate the fungus completely and the hair grow back on their own completely naturally.
Homeopathic Medicines For Hair Fall or Baldness or Alopecia
Homeopathic medicines like Acid Flour, Phosphorus, Lycopodium, Thuja and Silicea have been very effective in treating hair loss. It is very important to study the patient in great detail and find the exact cause of the problem and treat the root cause. Sometimes, there may be some hidden stress in the mind of the patient which may have caused this hairfall and it also needs to be treated accordingly if we wPost Coital Tristesseant a permanent cure to the problem. Given below are the 5 best Homeopathic medicines for hair fall or baldness-
- Acid Flour – best homeopathic medicine for baldness in spots
- Thuja – best remedy for hair fall with dandruff
- Lycopodium – best medicine for hair fall after delivery
- Silicea – best treatment for baldness with constipation
- Phosphorus- best medicine for hair falling out in handfuls
These medicines are very effective in treating hair fall or baldness. The only thing is that the symptoms of the patient should be matched carefully with the right homeopathic medicine. In a lot of cases, some different medicine might be required based on the symptoms of the patient.