Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Hi I am 31 years old recently I had an miscarriage in second month of pregnancy after 5 years I had conceived my first baby is 5 years old. I want to conceive now need your advice it is good to conceive now my D&c was done at 16 Nov.
I have done protected sex with my boyfriend on 21st june and check condoms after having sex and found that they were intact. But we did unprotected anal. And I have taken i-pill after 16 hours. My period date on previous month was 3.5.16. But on this month its has been 3 days of my date but I am not bleeding. Though my periods are quite regular. Is there any chance of pregnancy? Please advise. I am just freaking out.
Hi I am a 20 year old women (just turned 20 last month. I had an i-pill within 24 hours of having sex with my bf just after 4 days of my periods last month (17th april. He inserted in me. After 5 days of the i-pill I faced some white discharge for a while. And now from the past 3 days I have been having symptoms like tender breast, cramps and withdrawl bleeding and yesterday I started getting back ache. My next periods are due on 5th. I am really worried that I might be pregnant. Please help me. And I know that a test would be of no use till 5th. I am very worried about myself. What do I do?
6 effective ways to manage period pain
Although menstrual cycles or monthly periods are a normal physiological process, they can sometimes be accompanied by pain and excessive cramping and can affect your quality of life. While the pain is usually tolerable and goes away in a day or two, it can be worse on some occasions. Here are some effective ways to handle period pain:
1. Use a heating pad
You can place a heating pad or a hot water bottle over your lower abdominal area to help in relieving pain. Heat is quite helpful in easing the cramping and reducing the intensity of pain.
2. Massage with essential oils
Massaging with certain aromatic essential oils is also an effective way to relieve menstrual cramps. These include lavender oil, eucalyptus oil, clary sage oil and marjoram oil. Massage your lower back and abdomen with these oils for best results. You can massage at around bedtime for a restful sleep and relief from cramping.
This might come as a surprise but exercise helps to release the pain relieving chemicals called endorphins. Experts suggest that women who exercise regularly often have less menstrual pain. To prevent cramps in the future, make exercise a part of your lifestyle.
4. Have herbal teas
Certain teas help in reducing the intensity of period pain and cramping. These include peppermint tea, cinnamon tea, ginger tea, chamomile tea and tulsi tea. You can add any of these teas during your periods for easing the pain and cramps.
5. Take a pain killer
You can take pain medications to relieve cramps. These include paracetamol, mefenamic acid and other analgesics. Paracetamol is an over the counter medicine but for others you will need a prescription from a doctor. It is best to take these medications as soon as bleeding or cramping starts. Painkillers can however cause side effects like acidity, gastritis and even stomach ulcers if taken too frequently.
6. Try pain relief patches
These are subcutaneous skin patches that can be applied directly over the skin. They are purely herbal and contain eucalyptus oil and menthol, both of which help in reducing cramping and relaxing the muscles. These patches release the ingredients in a controlled manner, thereby maintaining their levels in the blood stream throughout the day. This helps in ensuring long lasting action. They are easily available as over the counter medications. The advantages of these patches are that they are 100% herbal, are extremely easy to use and are free from side effects that can occur by popping painkillers on a regular basis.
So, go ahead and try these pain relieving therapies and enjoy pain free periods. Stay healthy, stay happy!
Dear Dr's hello Dr. meri wife ko 24 Oct 2016 ko baby hua hai. So Ab hum yeh janana chatai hai ki ab hum kab Sex kr saktai hain aur Sex krtai huai kin baton ka dhiyan rakhai kiyon abhi meri wife ki delivery hui hai. Please ans thoda detail mai dijia ga thanks.
Why my wife is not getting pregnant yet? My marriage was on December 2015. And we are trying from last three months. What's wrong in me or her? Whats is the exact way to make pregnant. Do I need to consultant any doctor personally? Or it takes time to get pregnant? Please share some ideas.
Hello mam, I had sex with my partner on 29 may and my periods is started on that day Now my date is 30 june but still I can't get my periods is there is a chance of pregnancy Pls help me I don't want this If am pregnant then suggest any tablet pls.
Hii. my last period date was 2nd feb. 2016. I have checked out by preganews last week for pregnancy it is positive so I gone through 3d sonography its shows 31mm corresponding to 7 weeks and 5days but still there is no heartbeats found in child right now. What should I do.? Should I wait for some more time.. What is the maximum time for heartbeats in child? How much time should I wait?
I am 48 years how to test myself at home whether I am pregnant or not. If yes how to remove and come out of it.
Cumin seed is a culinary herb that is local to Asia and is particularly used in India on everyday basis. Cumin seeds are otherwise called jeera, caraway and kummel. It is a product of the cumin herb, however, it transforms into a seed only once it has dried. Cumin is an esteemed spice as it has numerous health advantages, usually for digestive conditions like colic, dyspepsia and flatulence. Nevertheless, consuming cumin seeds can have numerous side effects as well; so consult your specialist before you use it for medicinal purposes, as it can cause certain side effects as well, such:
- Acidity or heartburn: Cumin seeds are known for their gas easing properties, yet it can bring about one of the most widely recognized digestive issue that is heartburn. It tends to facilitate the escape of more gas into your gastrointestinal tract.
- Liver damage: Oil present in the cumin seeds is very unstable and can bring about liver and kidney damage, in case one consumes cumin seed in huge quantities for a long stretch of time. Cumin oil is used for animals to prevent or reduce muscle fits and spasms.
- Burping: The carminative impact of cumin seed may bring about excessive burping. Also, burping is sometimes referred as a ructus or belching, which includes too much bloating. Gas from the intestinal tract and stomach is released through the mouth. At times, burping has an awful smell and a trademark sound.
- Abortifacient effects: Cumin seeds may also affect pregnant ladies. Consuming a lot of cumin seeds can prompt an unnatural birth cycle or instigate untimely or premature labor.
- Low blood sugar level: Consuming cumin seeds in large quantities can bring down the glucose level in the body. One must remember this in case you are setting out toward a surgery in the near future. During surgery, it is crucial to keep up the glucose level.
- Narcotic effects: Cumin seed has opiate properties. They need to be consumed with precaution, as they can be addictive. Opposite reactions of cumin seed are mental blurring, sleepiness and nausea.
- Heavy menstrual cycle: Cumin seeds may cause heavy bleeding during the menstrual cycle. In the event of cumin seeds being consumed in large amounts, you may experience heavier periods.
- Causes allergy: Utilization of cumin seeds can bring about skin rashes and sensitivity. So individuals with skin sensitivity need to consume less cumin seeds to improve the condition.
- Not good for diabetics: Diabetic patients need to control their glucose level. They must maintain regular glucose levels to stay sound. Fluctuating glucose levels are a strict no for most diabetics. As mentioned recently, cumin seeds may diminish your glucose level rapidly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
At the same time take up some routine physical exercise walk at least 40 minutes a day 4 - 5 times a week. Add some strength training since it burns fat even after exercise session. Yoga has specific asanas to reduce abdominal fat. Take up strength training and yoga for at least 20 minutes 3 - 4 times a week
My dates are almost 10 days due and I am finding white vaginal thick discharge from past 2 days. What to do?
I am having leg cramps from the start of my pregnancy. Now I am 6 month pregnant and cramps get increased with time. Can I do some exercise. If yes then which kindly guide.
Abrotanum: this homeopathic medicine is used when a child is suffering from juvenile arthritis and is unable to move. Symptoms include soreness and paleness and the condition worsens in the morning. Gouts may occur in the wrists or ankles. Inflammatory rheumatism is indicated before the start of swelling. Marasmus of children may occur signified by marked emaciation, especially in the leg. The skin tends to hang loose and gets flabby. Constipation and diarrhea occur.
Aconite: aconite is a homeopathic remedy, which is used in arthritis where there is tearing pain in the limbs. Violent pulls in the joints and bones are experienced. Contraction of the tendons and feeling stiff in the flexor muscles are other symptoms. Cramps affect several limbs. Aconite is used in early stages of juvenile arthritis. Atmospheric changes affect the patient, and dark hair, and eyes are developed. The muscle fibres becomes rigid.
Apis: apis is used in oedematous swellings and synovitis. The knee gets swollen, sensitive, sore and shiny along with stinging pain. The feet also swell and feel extra large. There is a rheumatic pain in the backside and in the limbs. The fingertips and hands become numb, and the patient is tired. Glands are enlarged or indurated.
Arsenicum album: this homeopathic medicine is used in juvenile arthritis where the patient experiences acute pain in the arms and hands. The pain begins from the elbow and extends to the armpits. There is an acute, pulling and shooting sensation in the wrists. The fingers swell as well along with pain in the finger bones. Cramps occur in the legs and swelling is felt in the palms at night. The hips experience acute pain as well, which extends to the thighs, groins and ankle bones.
Belladona: belladona is used for joint and bone pains. The pains generally increase at night and during the afternoon. Any kind of movement or touch leads to aggravation in the pain. Palpitations in muscles are caused. Cramps, spasms and movements which are convulsive are indicated.
Homeopathy is an ideal remedy for treatment of juvenile arthritis. Homeopathy being purely natural has no side effects and puts a check on all underlying causes of juvenile arthritis.