Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Charu JainYour feedback matters!
I am 28 years old married female I had unprotected sex just 4 days before my expected period what are the chances of getting pregnant. Last month I gt my period on 8th. I have a regular cycle.
I am 26 year old I have irregular periods problem, my periods usually happen after three to four months. Two year back I got married. And from last one year me and my husband v both are trying. For the baby. I am afraid whether I will get pregnant or not. please help me out.
I am taking ocp from 4-5 years because I have irregular periods. When I stop the pills then I missed the period for about two months. Does this cause any problem?
When tissues that usually grow inside the uterus, start growing outside the organ, it is called endometriosis. Painful periods, pain during sex, pain while urinating or bowel movements, extreme bleeding, fatigue, infertility, diarrhea, bloating and nausea are some of the symptoms of endometriosis.
Treating endometriosis usually depends on the following factors
- Severity of symptoms
- Severity of the disease
- Future plans for children
Depending on these the doctor might opt for any of the following treatments
- Medication for Pain: If the symptoms are mild, then the doctor will prescribe some pain killers like Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Hormone Therapy: Hormone therapy is effective, but once you stop them, your symptoms may come back. Some of the hormone therapies include:
- Hormonal Contraceptives: Birth control pills, vaginal rings and patches are useful in controlling the hormones that are responsible for tissue build-up outside the uterine cavity.
- Medroxyprogesterone: This drug stops menstruation, which in turn stops the tissue build-up and put an end to all the symptoms. But on the other hand, gaining weight, low bone production and depression are some of the common effects of this drug.
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (Gn-RH) antagonists and agonists: Hormones that stimulate ovaries are blocked by these. They bring down oestrogen levels and hence prevent menstruation.
- Danazol: This drug prevents menstruation and symptoms of endometriosis by blocking the hormones that stimulate the ovaries. However, Danazol may not be a favourable option because of its side effects. The drug should be avoided during pregnancy.
- Conservative Surgery: If you are trying to get pregnant, but you already suffer from endometriosis, then removing endometriosis surgically is a viable solution. Your uterus and ovaries will be preserved, which might increase your chances of becoming pregnant. Even suffering from severe pain might find relief from conservative surgery.
- Hysterectomy: In extreme cases, the only way to deal with the symptoms is to completely remove the uterus, ovaries and cervix. Since a hysterectomy means you cannot have children, it is kept as the last option for women in their reproductive age. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
What is a dowager's hump?
The term dowager's hump is a more casual term for the medical condition referred to as kyphosis. It is the uncommon curvature of the thoracic vertebrae of the upper part of the back in an outward direction.
It is most commonly seen in women than in men. When the front part of the vertebrae becomes involved and gets compressed due to osteoporosis, it will later on result to the spine bending forward and producing a hump at the upper back portion.
What causes a dowager's hump?
The hump can be caused by other conditions and these should be determined in order to get the correct treatment. Based on the research of the university of maryland medical center, this kyphosis problem can be caused by genetic abnormalities.
The disfiguration in the patient's genes can result to the inappropriate growth of the vertebral column. Other conditions linked with other congenital problems could also cause this hump.
It is also been mentioned in some studies that it can also be due to wedge fractures wherein the front part of a vertebra collapses causing the spine to be misaligned a little. The above part of the fracture tips forwards and creating a slight back curve.
As the vertebra over the wedge fracture is tipped forward, it puts pressure on other vertebrae that could lead to developing a wedge fracture in another vertebra. The more wedge fractures are occurring; the back gets more bowed. In severe cases, a person's back can be extremely bent over.
How is a dowager's hump treated?
There are several ways to treat dowager's hump. The main goal of treatment for this condition is by preventing bone loss, although it can also be utilized as a management which is beneficial for patients who experience pain resulting from vertebral fractures.
The procedure is called vertebroplasty, where bone cement is injected to stabilize the vertebrae. Another procedure for this condition is performing kyphoplasty for individuals with compression fractures in the bottom half of the spine.
Exercises for dowager's hump
Based on some research studies in the medical society, yoga exercises can be a great contribution in treating dowager's hump. The upper spine curvature of individuals who did yoga for six months reduced the back problem by about five percent compared to those who did not.
Here are some 5 easy poses that can be done to straighten the spine:
Sit straight at the front edge of the chair with the butt firm and flat. Secure the feet on the floor by steadying it there. Inhale and stretch out the spine upward. Bring the shoulders down along with the head placed over the spine, then breathe uniformly keeping the posture for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Sit in the same seated mountain position then pull the head backward as if making a double chin. Do it again for 6 to 10 times. Do not lift or jut the chin in a forward manner. Focus on the backward movement with the shoulder rolled and lifted when inhaling, then compress the shoulder blades together at the back when exhaling. Do it 6 to 10 times in full circles.
Sit tall. Inhale while clasping the hands behind the back. Hold the arms away from the body when exhaling. Do it all over for 3 to 6 times. Remain in the same pose by continuously breathing if desired.
Sit tall as above. Keep the fit firm on the floor and draw the head back. Stay in this posture, and then bend forward by not rounding the spine. The muscles in the abdomen should remain firm and shoulders should be square. Bend back as far as possible with the feel still planted on the floor. Go through again for 10 to 20 times.
Methods of prevention for dowager's hump
Preventive measures must be taken to avoid this condition. Tips that can prevent dowager's hump include:
Daily doses of vitamins c and d
Work-outs for coordination and balance in order to prevent spine fractures
Eat a healthy and balanced diet
Training for strength and weight.
My girlfriend has inserted half of the pen in her vagina yesterday and he told me that no blood come from her vagina, so does she has lost her virginity or she is still a virgin.
Hi, I am DR Sowmya Nair, an ayurvedic physician with more than 30 years of experience in Ayurveda. I am specialised in Ayurvedic Panchakarma treatment. Today I am going to speak about cervical spondylitis.
Cervical spondylitis, Lumber spondylitis and Ankylosing spondylitis. So these are the lifestyle diseases and are very common these days. It is a lifestyle disease because we are sitting in front of the computers for long time and not maintaining our body postures, using mobiles, playing tabs.
How to prevent these lifestyle diseases?
- First is diet, try to avoid too much junk and oily food in order to maintain the body weight.
- Second is to maintain the correct posture. Sit straight while using computers. Sit in such a manner that the monitor or laptop should lie in eye level.
- Third is to indulge in regular exercises. Doing yoga helps us to stay healthy.
In all the spondylitis changes, the major change is the dignity of the neck. So, the main symptoms like neck stiffness, neck pain, pain in arms, headache. Back pain is also a major problem, difficulty in walking in Lumber spondylitis. In Ankylosing spondylitis, the rigidy and stiffness will be more.
In Ayurveda, we are offering Panchkarma treatment for all these ailments.
The main Panchakarma treatment for;
- For Cervical Spondylitis are greeva basti, greeva bicchu, abhyangam, potli massage and nasyam.
- For Lumber spondylitis, we are providing kati basti, kati bicchu, basti.
- Dhanyamla dhara for Ankylosing spondylitis.
All these are the treatments available with us. So, we treat these lifestyle diseases from the roots.
In case of more details about Panchakarma treatment or any other treatment for lifestyle disorders, you can contact me through Lybrate.
My periods are 1 day late from its due date but I am having cramping and feeling wet in my vagina .am I pregnant or its late for some other reason.
I just want to know how much Rh factor is important for child birth. Can a husband having B positive blood group and wife having A negative blood group. Kindly tell me what complications can arise during Pregnancy and child and wife face any problem kindly Solve Respected Doctors.
Good morning, last month I got pregnancy, Every day I have fever and headache. Please give solution for above problem.
We are trying to consummate our marriage from last 7-8 months, I didnt have pain or any irritation in my vagina. But now when we are having our sex continuously for a month I feel little irritation and pain in my vagina. My last period was on 2nd nov.
It is often believed that eggs tend to heat up your stomach and, hence, should be avoided as much as possible. People believe that eating eggs during the hot summer months can lead to detrimental health effects. One of the reasons attributed to this belief is that eggs contain copious amounts of cholesterol, which can generate tremendous amounts of body heat.
However, contrary to popular belief, eggs do not heat up your system and perfectly safe for consumption during the season of some summer.
Having eggs for breakfast helps you with the following:
1. Cholesterol Factor - To be precise, a single egg provides 212 mg of cholesterol out of the recommended 300 mg. However, cholesterol in your diet does not raise the cholesterol levels in your blood. This happens because the liver produces a high quantity of cholesterol each day, and when you eat more eggs causing your cholesterol levels to rise, the liver starts producing less of it. In fact, a study found that eggs didn't raise cholesterol in 70% of its test subjects.
2. Provides Choline - Choline is a substance, which is required by the body to build cell membranes and to perform a horde of other functions like liver function, brain development, nerve, and muscle function. Lack of choline could lead to disruption of these functions. Whole eggs contain more than 100 mg of this less known nutrient, and therefore, should be a part of your diet.
3. Contains Lutein and Zeaxanthin - One of the gradual symptoms of aging is worsening eyesight. There are many types of nutrients that help in countering this degenerative process. Two such nutrients are lutein and zeaxanthin, which eggs are rich in. These two antioxidants help to build up the retina of the eye. Moreover, they also help in preventing eyesight conditions like cataracts and macular degeneration. Eggs are also rich in Vitamin A, the lack of which is the most common cause of blindness worldwide.
4. Reduces risk of stroke - For many decades, eggs have been unfairly criticized. A popular misbelief was that high cholesterol in eggs made them a cause for cardiac problems. In a review, which accounted for 17 studies and a total of 263,938 participants, no associations were found between eggs and heart diseases. Eggs are also highly filling and help to lose weight to a certain extent.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Struggling with Weight loss? Try Eggs for Breakfast!
I had 19mm endometrium and hence my periods was delayed for 55 days. After my periods, will my endometrium return back to normal? are chances of pregnancy less if endometrium is thick? how do I limit thickening?
Hi I am 29 weeks pregnant. I had my sonography yesterday when my doc said that there is a cervical widening of 3 to 4 mm diameter and I need to take bed rest during coming six weeks. I am a working woman and my job is very necessary for my family as my husband has faced some losses in his business. My job is the only oxygen for my family. Doctor has also suggested to take cervical stitches. So can I continue with my job after the stitches? Is 3 to 4 mm widening a very serious concern? Which option is better for baby? Bedrest or stitches? Also note that my job provides 90 days leave but only at the time of delivery, not this early. My EDD is 8th March as per yesterday's sonography.
With the onset of monsoon temperature drops and the air is often cool, but it is also an ideal time for breeding of mosquitoes. A mosquito bite is universally abhorred. A sting that turns into dengue is even more disliked. Dengue is a mosquito borne disease that causes high fever, rashes and pain in joints and muscles. Since there is no vaccine that can completely eradicate dengue, it becomes important to take preventive measures to reduce mosquitoes and keep the disease at bay.
Here are a few tips that can reduce your risk of being bitten by mosquitoes:
- Do not allow water to accumulate: Mosquitoes breed in standing water. To prevent this do not allow rainwater to collect in pots or stagnate in your garden. Ensure that your water tanks are kept covered always. Keep buckets turned over when not in use. Coolers are generally ineffective in the monsoons so empty them out and keep the trays dry. It is also a good idea to empty and dry swimming pools and ornamental fountains during the monsoons.
- Use mosquito repellent: Dengue mosquitoes typically bite a person during the day. Hence, make it a habit to put on a mosquito repellent along with your sunscreen every time you step out. Mosquito repellents should be used on all the exposed areas of your skin including your ears. Using a mosquito net around your bed at night is the best way to ensure safety against mosquitoes. You could also attach mosquito repellent patches on your infant's clothes.
- Do not allow mosquitoes indoors: Install mesh shutters on your doors and windows. This will allow air in, but will keep mosquitoes out. Take a close look at your doors and windows for holes through which mosquitoes could come in. Also look at their joints and edges to ensure that there are no gaps. Burning camphor and lavender or tea tree aromatics can also help keep mosquitoes away.
- Grow mosquito repelling plants: Citronella and tulsi are two plants that are well known for their mosquito repelling properties. Grow these plants near your window and the entrance of your house to naturally repel mosquitoes.
- Avoid outdoor activities at dawn and dusk: Sunrise and sunset are when mosquitoes are most active. Hence avoid being outdoors at this time. If you must be out, wear protective clothes that minimize the amount of skin exposed. Wearing light colours instead of dark colours can also help as mosquitoes are attracted to dark colours.