Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Speech Therapists in India. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Speech Therapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Language Therapy Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Therapy Oral Language
Submit a review for Dr. Charu BhelYour feedback matters!
I'm having nasal infection .I hav used spray also bt it didn't heal me completely .still my nose get closed alternately .its nt wet bt it get closed .its been so long more Dan 3 years .and I feel some sticky mucus like thing in my throat. Because of it I cnt speak properly also. Doctor advised me to use but bt it didn't work long. I guess these two r connected to each other .please help me . Thnk you.
Hello sir it's me saurav, sir I am suffered from stammering and it's happen suddenly when I am 10 years old, I am facing lots of problems because of stammering. Can I able to get any solution from you to overcome from it.
Stuttering is a type of speech disorder wherein, a person speaks slower than normal. It is quite common in the age group of 3 to 8. The relationship between stress and stuttering has been pondered over for decades now. A lot of people seem to believe that stress and stuttering are co-related. On the contrary, recent studies show that stress is more of a consequence rather than a cause of stuttering. If you take the first theory into consideration, then according to that, children would be the greatest victims of anxiety and stress. But it is seen that the level of stress increases proportionately with the increase in age.
Social anxiety in teenagers increases due to stuttering, when they come across individuals who can speak in a normal pace. This in turn can crush their self confidence and lead them to isolate themselves from social groups and people in general. Hence, it is important to deal with stuttering in the early ages or as and when it occurs.
Sometimes stuttering can develop due to physical or mental trauma. Most people with stuttering do not seek therapy for it because they might not think of it to be too severe. Little do they realise that a simple process of speech therapy can help them overcome this disability and rejuvenate their level of self-confidence.
It has also come to light, that people with relapse in stuttering post therapy has shown a three-fold increase in anxiety levels than normal. Hence we cannot ignore the strong relationship between stress and stuttering. So from the above evidence, it is safe to conclude that social anxiety or stress develops as a result of chronic stuttering.
How to deal with stress related to stuttering?
Seeking help is a great start to tackle your disability. If your stuttering is prominent enough to warrant therapy, you must seek professional help for the same. You must also learn to control your anxiety by dismissing any anxious thought or make sincere efforts in controlling physical anxiety.
You can also try to increase your social skills by participating in events, such as public speaking that can reduce your stress levels and make yourself more confident about yourself. One must also remember that a person is defined by what he does rather than what he says. So never let a minor disability come in the way of your self worth!
I have been stuttering for some years now. At times it is just normal but at times it seems to get bad. Pl recommend a homeopathy medicine for the same.
My 3 years old daughter doesn't speak much. She says words to explain what she wants but she doesn't talk fluently. She is good with her motor skill, body balance. She even tries to trick me. I'm a single parent. My ex husband was violent with me in front of my daughter till she was around 2 years old. Is it possible that violence that my daughter has witnessed has effected her growth or language skill in someway. Also I work long hours each day, I hardly give my daughter 3-4 hrs a day. She is mostly with her maid. Should I seek some psychological treatment for my daughter?
I am 66 years old. Since last 11 years I am suffering depression problem The cause of my depression was my son After his MBBS study he went to USA for further study I can not say that I have tremendous affection for him and at the same time I was also ready to stop his career . At present my depression level is very low I have to take depression medicine every day in night My son and his wife are now well settled On 5th Feb. 2016 I became grand father My grand son name is VIHAN From 4th Feb. To 28 July I was at USA At present I am in India and freckly speaking I am quiet normal I have diverted my life toward spirituality and at present I am follower of Lord Swaminarayan My question is can I free from taking drugs.
My son is 9 year old, he is speaking very fast and repeating words and very bad pronounce continue walking or moving body cant stable any place for 2 minute, some times he lost presence of others, less sleeping, poor health, short memories. Thanks and regards
My brother started stammering from 1 year. During speaking he stops eventually in front of someone else as well as family members. Due to this he lost his confidence in himself and now he even do not want to talk to Anyone freely. He fears that if he will speak he will stammer and will be laughed at by others. During stammering he sometimes pronounces a word longer than actual time Or sometimes he eventually stops during speaking and says that the word seems that it will not come from his mouth at that point of time. So I request you to give me suggestion on what I should do for my brother. Thank you.
I have stammering problem and I am not slept well daily. So my eye also not shown clearly. I have depression also. I want to like all persons but my life is full struggling. I am hating my life totally . I want to become very famous lawyer. Now I am studying law. Please help me some tips give me
Language disorder is commonly known as language impairment, it is a common childhood disorder, which makes it difficult for kids to understand what the people around them are saying to them and to face difficulty in following simple directions, it also includes difficulty in expressing the thoughts and feeling through speech.
Language disorder can be classified as:
- Receptive language disorder: This disorder makes it difficult to understand what the other person is saying to the one suffering from it.
- Expressive language disorder: Kids suffering from it are not able to express themselves and their thoughts.
- Mixed receptive expressive disorder: These kids have combined symptoms of receptive language disorder and expressive language disorder, making it difficult to understand and to make someone else understand.
Symptoms of language disorder:
- Difficulty in understanding: The ones suffering from language disorder, finds it difficult to understand what the people around them are saying.
- Limited vocabulary: It is one of the prominent symptoms, in which the vocabulary of the kids is very limited as compared to other kids of that age.
- Trouble learning new things: Learning new things is a difficult task for the kid suffering from language disorder
- Repeat usage of certain phrases: Kids tend to use the same phrase again and again, which is one of the basic symptoms.
- Frustration: As the kid is either not able to understand or to make other understand or both, kids with this disorder tend to remain more frustrated in comparison to other kids, as they are unable to do things.
- Sentences which do not make sense: Making incomplete or senseless sentences is a key indicator of language disorder.
What you should do?
- Speech therapist: The treatment may include speech therapy, in which the speech therapist will work towards building the vocabulary and improving the grammar of the kids suffering, making the kids more confident and feel good about themselves.
- Psychotherapy: If the kid is also suffering from emotional issues because of the language disorder, then one should also undergo Psychotherapy, as it not only improves the morale of the patient, but also provides the guidance on how to keep improving further from the language disorder.
- Positive Atmosphere: The kids suffering from such a disorder should be made comfortable enough to enjoy their being, giving plenty of time to your young ones is the best way to cure such disorder, so one should always communicate well with his kids and make them learn new things, sing to them, listen to various sounds, show different pictures, colours, shapes to make them learn.
- Parental Support: The parents should also understand the issue well, be patient, and should support the kid to work out on the disorder. Parents should also interact with other parents, who have been there, to learn more about the language disorders and how their kids overcome the disorder.
As language disorder is one of common issue in kids, this can be managed and cured well to improve after all the required knowledge and best practices to follow.