Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Speech Therapists in India. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Speech Therapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Therapy Oral Language
Language Therapy Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Charu BhelYour feedback matters!
Hello doc I have an issue, My son is 3 years old but still can not speak properly. We stay in joint family we all talk a lot but I am very tensed why my son is not able to speak properly pls suggest what should I do?
Sir I want to know that for my stammering problem I want to done my mri brain and eeg test. Someone can tell me how much it would cost to me and what I have to do after that. Please your advice is so much valuable for me.
I am 66 years old. Since last 11 years I am suffering depression problem The cause of my depression was my son After his MBBS study he went to USA for further study I can not say that I have tremendous affection for him and at the same time I was also ready to stop his career . At present my depression level is very low I have to take depression medicine every day in night My son and his wife are now well settled On 5th Feb. 2016 I became grand father My grand son name is VIHAN From 4th Feb. To 28 July I was at USA At present I am in India and freckly speaking I am quiet normal I have diverted my life toward spirituality and at present I am follower of Lord Swaminarayan My question is can I free from taking drugs.
I'm 17 years old but my voice is not deeper and denser and it still sounds like a 14-15 year old ones, perhaps my voice is not cracked properly, how to get a deeper denser and a manly voice, plzzzz help, thank you.
My brother suffering from stammering. Till 7year. When he was in tension he doesn't speak anyword. U answer me. Plzz.
It might happen that you may not find your child, at twelve months to two years of age, at the same level as their peers in verbal communication. You think it's just a developmental problem they are facing and put off seeking professional advice; an intrinsically wrong step to take, because your child might be suffering from Speech Delay.
Delayed speech, or alalia, can be roughly defined as a delay in the development and use of the biological mechanisms that produce speech.
The symptoms of speech delay are roughly categorized into age related groups, generally beginning at the age of 12 months and continuing through the early adolescence, and they are:
1. Age-12 months
a. It is indeed a symptom if your child cannot point at objects or cannot manage gestures, such as waving good-bye.
b. Another symptom is that if your child does not prefer to communicate verbally as much as his/her peers.
2. Age-15-18 months
a. If your child is unable to pronounce familiar syllables or simply cannot call you even by this time, it's a worrying symptom.
b. You find your child unable to, or simply not reciprocating to 'no', 'hello', 'hi', 'bye'.
c. If your child is unable to extend his/her vocabulary up to 15 words by fifteen months, then it's a symptom.
3. Age-2-4 years
a. You find your child unable to spontaneously produce speech and words.
b. Another worrying symptom is if your child is lacking consonant sounds at the beginning and end of words while speaking.
c. If you still find your child unable to form simple sentences and words, then it is indeed a troubling symptom, confirming the disorder.
The causes for the speech delay disorder are:
1. A primary cause can be physical disruption in parts of the mouth such lips or palate, which may be deformed.
2. Another serious cause can be an oral-motor dysfunction which is the disruption in the creation of the specific area of the brain which deals with speech and communication.
3. The disorder can also be attributed to impairment in the development of the child's intellectual, receptive and expressive abilities.
4. There can also be psychological causes involving school environment and peer relationships which might lead to disruption of speech patterns and reluctance in speech expression and development. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
When I give presentation, interviews I start stammering, and when I talk to my friends I used to talk normally why it happening, there is any medicine to stop stammering. Please suggest me. Its very painful full.
I can't relax during speaking. Many ideas come at same time and I am disabled to manage them. Then I get stammering. Can I get rid from it?
My voice sounds soft and different. I would to have a deep and authoritative voice. Voice therapy or any other solution for this.
Why is my voice so hoarse? .I am suffering to some hearing problem.in my ear canal it is a small whole .what should I do?
I have stammering issue due to which I have to face a lot of difficulties in my studies. I am dental student. Please help.
Sir can my stammering be cured with practice. please tell me what should I do to improve my speech. I feel very hurt when I stammer in front of someone. I think my breathing is not corect. Sir I am in serious trouble with my speech. I feel like suicide some times.
A large number of people in the world suffer or has suffered from speech disorders like stuttering or stammering at some point in their lives. Stuttering or stammering is the involuntary disruption or interruption in speech where certain sounds are prolonged or words are repeated. Speech disorder can cause a lot of problems in terms of personality build up and causes anxiety in people. Every activity of the body is dealt or controlled by the nervous system and the brain. Thus the proper functioning of the body is the sole responsibility of the brain and any glitch can affect the functions to a certain extent.
What are the symptoms of speech disorders?
- Words are repeated
- Prolongation of words or silent blocks
- Hesitation while speaking
- Difficulty while starting a word or a phrase
What causes speech disorders?
- Genetic problems
- Stress, Shame and Anxiety
- Embarrassment and nervousness
- Loss of control while speaking
Ayurvedic remedies to overcome speech disorders:
- Brahmi Oil: It is a stimulant that is known to calm your mind and boost the function of the brain. Take 10 ml of the oil and warm it. Cool it down to a suitable temperature and apply to your head when it is lukewarm, half an hour before going for a shower. You can also apply it before going to bed and shampoo the morning after. This is more effective.
- Black pepper, almond and sugar candy: Take black pepper, and make a paste out of it. To the paste, add 7 ground almonds and mix it with sugar candy. Consume this paste every day for at least a month.
- Amla: It is an effective remedy, especially in children to stop stammering. Also known as Indian Gooseberry, it should be chewed on to slowly every day.
- Cow's Butter: Also called as ghee, it is responsible for brain development and is known to increase memory. Add this ingredient to your food.