Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Charanjit Kaur
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Charanjit KaurYour feedback matters!
Tiredness isn't just a result of working too hard. Tiredness or fatigue can be described as a lack of energy, motivation and can be physical, mental or a combination of both. Tiredness is often a symptom of a much larger health issue such as Anemia, Diabetes, Thyroid disease or heart diseases. Some of the common causes of fatigue are:
- Lack of sleep: Fatigue is one of the first symptoms of sleep deprivation. A minimum of 7 to 8 hours of sleep is needed on daily basis to keep a person healthy. Quality of sleep also plays a major role here. Patients of sleep apnea also commonly show signs of fatigue.
- Bad diet: A balanced diet helps you maintain your weight and keeps you energized. Eating a lot of junk food can make your blood sugar level fluctuate. When the sugar level drop below normal, the person is likely to feel tired and drained out.
- Anemia: Anemia is a condition where the body suffers from a lack of iron. Without enough iron the red blood cells in blood cannot carry oxygen to all parts of the body. This makes the heart work faster to pump blood and can make you tire easily.
- Caffeine: Caffeine is said to wake the system up and boost energy levels. However, like sugar, caffeine make energy levels fluctuate. As the level of caffeine in the body reduces, the person will begin to feel tired. Not drinking enough water along with your coffee can worsen this situation.
- Dehydration: Water is necessary not only to keep the body hydrated, but also to keep it energized. This is because the loss of fluid in the body can result in lowering the blood volume. This makes the heart work harder to pump oxygen to the brain and other parts of the body.
Fatigue is often not diagnosed till very late. There are many reasons for this. Primary amongst these are:
- Age: We assume that we are feeling tired only because we are growing older. However, the cause of fatigue may have nothing to do with age.
- Gradual onset: We are often not aware of how tired we are until we reach a point where we are completely drained out. Fatigue has a very gradual onset and is rarely noticed in the early stages.
- Misinterpretation: Complaints of feeling tired are often mistaken for lack of motivation and laziness.
The easiest way to prevent fatigue is to maintain a regular waking and sleeping schedule and to eat a healthy diet. Also, try and be physically more active.
Making brain feel sluggish or drowsy or exhausted depends on the interplay between few brain chemical norepinephrine dopamine n serotonin. Norepinephrine and dopamine make you alert and serotonin makes you calm and drowsy. Food for a good concentration level. Egg, sprouts, fish, flax seed, walnut improve brain performance and prevent brain illness Alzheimer, depression. Antioxidant-rich fruit and veg like apple, strawberries, mangos, lemon, are great for brain. Vitamin b complex, beta carotene n vit c are important in preventing free radical damage of the brain. They also play a vital role in energy generation in preserving attention n memory.
2 weeks ago I had unprotected oral sex with a girl. I need to have test for Gonorrhoea. Can someone please suggest me what test should I go for. I checked with Lal path lab and they have PCR test and other Gonococcus Test. Please also advice which doctor should I consult.
My wife hates sex. She is not liking it in anyway. We have 1 year old kid. She is not at all having that feel. When I forced her, she comes for sex but she is not enjoying anything. Doing only for me. She is not at all getting aroused. But sometimes when she got aroused, within the minutes, she is getting severe lower abdomen pelvic pain. Not able to continue sex after that. Please suggest solution for this problems.
Mere pet m dard hua toh doctor ne advice diya ki ultrasound krva lo toh report m 1. Bulky Right Ovary With Few Cysts. Largest size 2.6*1.0*2.2 Cm h 2. Mild POD Collection? PID. Toh kya normal h ya nhi m bahut pareshan hu please mere help kre.
It’s not fun to be a sex addict. The only difference between chemical addiction and sexual addiction is that a sex addict craves sex and not a chemical.
To a sex addict, a sexual act has to be done without regard to potential dangerous consequences. Like other addicts, sex addicts also use sex as a quick fix to relieve anxiety, loneliness, pain or stress.
Understanding sexual addiction
Also called compulsive sexual behavior, hypersexual disorder, nymphomania or hypersexuality, sexual addiction is a state where one is obsessed with sexual thoughts, feelings and behaviours to the extent that it interferes with one’s work, health, relationships and daily activities. The patient follows a routine of acting out sexual desires, followed by denial, shame, despair and confusion. Sometimes but not always, sex fantasies extend to abnormal sexual behaviors that are considered immoral or illegal.
This cycle has to go on for at least six months before sex addiction is confirmed. Other signs of sexual addiction
1. Loss of control and addiction
2. Withdrawal symptoms
3. Lack of emotional attachment
Fortunately, just like other addictions, sex addiction can also be managed.
Only a trained therapist can diagnose sex addiction. There are a few conditions that can produce the same symptoms as hypersexuality like drug abuse and mental health conditions like obsessive- compulsive disorder and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Some sex addicts can be suffering from these mental health conditions concurrently with their nymphomania. That’s why a trained psychologist has to consider the case in its entirety before making a diagnosis.
The first step towards treatment of hypersexuality is the person recognizing that they are out of control sexually. Sex addicts can remain in denial until a significant life event like a divorce or a health crisis prompts them to seek treatment.
Many treatment options are available as cures for sex addiction which include outpatient programmes including counseling and residential sex de-addiction programmes. Residential programmes offer patients a lot of motivation and support and as the patient is removed from his environment, triggers and routines, he finds it easier to overcome sex addiction. Goals of a sex addiction treatment center programme typically include:
- Commitment to abstinence
- Developing healthy sexuality
- Rebuilding relationships
- Stress management
Treatment for sex addiction usually follows the 12-step model initially developed for substance abuse disorders. Cognitive behavioral techniques help patients to learn thoughts and behaviors that will result in more effective management of their desires and ways to achieve and maintain a healthy, balanced lifestyle. In some cases, medicines used to treat obsessive-compulsive disorders or impulse control disorders can also be used to curb the compulsive nature of the sex addiction. Antidepressants, antiseizure medications and medicines that decrease levels of male hormones have been found to decrease strong sexual urges as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
I've finished my mensuration period before 3 days and yet I've pain of it. And I was having it before 2 weeks of start. What is it mean? I got checked up approx 1 year before and Dr. found a small ovary cyst ?was that's the issue of it again or anything else bcoz im5getting that pain continuously and what I need to do to get rid of it? For now I'm taking ashokarisht from 3 days as well and Dr. prescribed me for evecare syrup so which one I prefer and anything else if required?
so which homeopathy medicine would you suggest? Also wanna know that can I do massage to uplift the saggy cheek in a upward motion and massage acupressure points to uplift my saggy side of cheek? Will this help? And which face exercise you would suggest me to do? Please help.
Breast milk provides essential nutrients for infants and is a mix of nutrients, which include vitamins, proteins and fat that are necessary for a baby's growth. Apart from benefitting babies, breastfeeding benefits mothers too.
Here are 4 benefits of breastfeeding:
1) Provides nutrients and protection to the baby - The best food a mother can give to her baby is her breast milk. It helps your baby to grow and develop. Breast milk is custom-made by all mothers for their own babies and, thus, contains a perfect mix of essential nutrients. Breast milk contains a mixture of protein, carbohydrate, fat, vitamins and minerals, which are very important for the proper growth and development of the baby. It also contains many antibodies that reduce the chance of diseases and allergies. In fact, the milk's content changes as your baby grows to keep up with the infant's needs.
2) Convenience - The milk from breasts is always safe and fresh, and is precisely of the right temperature, which what makes it a convenient food for the baby. What's more, it doesn't require heating, boiling or sterilizing as such; and can be fed to the baby anywhere, anytime.
3) Benefits mothers - According to a research, breastfeeding, to an extent, provides protection against breast and ovarian cancer. It also serves as a measure of protection against weak bones in the later part of life. Calories are required in order to produce milk. So, breastfeeding helps to gradually lose weight after pregnancy as well. Moreover, breast feeding also defers the return of menstruation for a little while.
4) Continues the special relationship between mother and child - The bond between a mother and a child strengthens due to the intimacy and the closeness involved in breastfeeding. One of the remarkable facts about this is the more a baby breastfeeds, the more milk the mother produces. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.