Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Charanjit KaurYour feedback matters!
I am 23 years old I am married I am suffering from vaginal itching and rashes b urning, redness, and swelling of the vagina and the vulvaPain when you urinate (pee) Pain during sex ,rashes on vagina very severe burning.
Excessive release or flow of blood during the menstrual cycle or periods is referred to as menorrhagia. It is an abnormally long-lasting and heavy menstrual period at regular intervals. It usually occurs in premenopausal women, affecting their overall health, decreasing the quality of life, weakness and many interruptions in their lifestyle.
As a treatment for menorrhagia, homeopathy has shown proven results. The medicines maintain the emotional, mental, physiological and immune reactions of the person to guarantee long lasting and permanent help. The medicines will necessarily have to be prescribed by a doctor.
A few women have almost no issue with their menstrual cycles, however, others suffer every month. A variety of distressing side effects may occur with premenstrual women. These include irritation, mood swings, headaches, bloating, excessive urination, and soreness of the breasts. Periods can be irregular and disturbed, with cramping, heavy flow, anxiety and discomfort. Here are a few homeopathic treatments for this problem:
- Belladonna: It is one of the haemorrhagic cures. The flow is mostly dark red and hot and once in a while it comes as decayed blood. The related side effect is pain in the back. It is a decent solution for the initial phases of swelling. The blood is constantly overflowing.
- Crocus sativus: This cure is generally used by a large number of homeopathic doctors. It is one of the most effective cures in stopping excessive bleeding during the periods. The bleeding is extremely thick at times. The blood flow consists of threads or strings and is usually very dark.
- Erigeron: During the menstrual cycle, since the bleeding is dark and profuse, an important side effect, which is very common, is burning urine and irritation in the rectum. This is one of the symptoms that is particularly cured by this medicine.
- Ferrum met: Ferrum met is one of the cures that prevents haemorrhaging. Women who are having long and heavy periods that tend to come early are better off with this cure. The people who are weak and pale are the appropriate individuals for this cure.
- Cyclamen: It generally plays a very important part in female reproductive organs and helps in curing numerous infections that happen in the female reproductive system. During periods, the women have extreme pain that feels like they are in labour and the blood flow is thickened. After periods, they have swelling and tenderness in their breasts and sometimes also experience a milky secretion as well.
- Crotalus horridus: Delayed periods and the blood is usually a diluted, thin and light liquid. This kind of blood flow can also cause infections. This homeopathic medicine tends to treat the same and maintain a normal flow and colour of the blood. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Seeing spots of blood during pregnancy is usually a cause for concern. However, it is not uncommon. The light bleeding, which is known as spotting may occur for a number of reasons.
Bleeding during the first trimester:
Spotting is most likely to happen during early pregnancy and the reasons could be many, such as:
- Implantation bleeding. You may experience some normal spotting within the first six to 12 days after you conceive as the fertilized egg implants itself in the lining of the uterus. Some women don't realize they are pregnant because they mistake this bleeding for a light period. Usually the bleeding is very light and lasts from a few hours to a few days.
- Miscarriage. Because miscarriage is most common during the first 12 weeks of pregnancy, it tends to be one of the biggest concerns with first trimester bleeding. However, first trimester bleeding does not necessarily mean that you’ve lost the baby or going to miscarry. In fact, if a heartbeat is seen on ultrasound, over 90% of women who experience first trimester vaginal bleeding will not miscarry.
- Molar pregnancy (also called gestational trophoblastic disease). This is a very rare condition in which abnormal tissue grows inside the uterus instead of a baby. In rare cases, the tissue is cancerous and can spread to other parts of the body.
- Other symptoms of molar pregnancy are severe nausea and vomiting, and rapid enlargement of the uterus.
Additional causes of bleeding in early pregnancy include:
Cervical changes. During pregnancy, extra blood flows to the cervix. Intercourse or a Pap test, which cause contact with the cervix, can trigger bleeding. This type of bleeding isn't cause for concern.
Infection. Any infection of the cervix, vagina, or a sexually transmitted infection (such as chlamydia, gonorrhea, or herpes) can cause bleeding in the first trimester.
Bleeding during the second or third trimesters:
Spotting may also occur during late pregnancy and the possible reasons are listed below.
- Problems related to placenta like placenta previa placental abruption can also result in spotting. These are serious conditions when the placenta either covers the cervix or it gets detached from the uterine wall respectively.
- Uterine rupture is the rare and unfortunate event when a scar from a previous surgery (like the removal of fibroid or previous caesarean scar bursts open and the baby slips into the pregnant woman's abdomen.
- Premature labour occurs when your body is too eager to deliver the baby, usually one month before the due date of delivery.
- Vasa Previa is another rare condition when a baby who is still developing has his blood vessels entangled in the umbilical cord or placenta-crossing the cervix. It is extremely dangerous because the blood vessels may burst open thus causing the baby to bleed and lose oxygen.
Investigating early bleeding
Your doctor is likely to begin with an internal examination to feel the size of your uterus and to look for any obvious visible sign of bleeding.
- Ultrasound: After about six weeks of pregnancy the baby’s heart beat can usually be seen on ultrasound. If you have been bleeding, you will likely be offered a vaginal ultrasound because it offers the best possible view of your pregnancy. A vaginal ultrasound is a narrow probe, which is put inside the vagina; it feels much like an internal examination and is quite safe.
- Blood tests: A blood test can measure the level of the pregnancy hormone hCG (human Chorionic Gonadotrophin), which changes depending on how pregnant you are.
No matter when it occurs, any bleeding during pregnancy warrants a phone call to your doctor or midwife, even if only to confirm nothing is amiss. Be prepared to answer detailed questions about the color, amount, and timing of blood in order to best help your practitioner determine the possible cause.
Thanks to the cold weather, people love to have piping hot foods to quench their hunger. Of these foods,samosas,bhajjias,wadas top the list. We doctors and dieticians see a upward trend in the number of clients with Gastro problem ,spike in blood sugars and as well as gain in body weight. Today , i am going to reveal the 3 most easy tricks to keep yourself hale and healthy.
Consume atleast 2 seasonal fruits ( Oranges/ black grapes/ strawberries). Donot worry these foods would not cause you cold. These fruits infact help you to safeguard against common cold owing to its rich nutrient content. Do consume it in fresh form .
Toss up you salads and soups with lemon or amla juice as both are potent source of Vit C and antioxidants. Increase the intake of soup to control your hunger pangs
Reduce the intake of Dairy products as it is known to produce cough especially in cold seasons.
Happy winter and enjoy your foods though in moderation but donot forget to follow the tips !
Popping pills is something we cannot do away with completely. But something that should also be kept in mind is that every drug is used for one of its particular property, which is healing, but on the other hand, it also has, almost always, the not-so-nice effects. These side effects could sometimes be as simple as nausea or itching to something as serious as shooting up blood sugar levels.
Talking of side effects, do you know that Viagra was originally used for pulmonary hypertension and its side effect was improved performance in patients with erectile dysfunction (ED). Viagra thus, became the famous magical blue pill for patients with ED. On the other hand, there are quite a few drugs that can lower your libido levels.
Listed below are some of the regularly used medicines that can impact your sexual life:
- Antihypertensives: Medications that are aimed at reducing blood pressure (diuretics and alpha and beta adrenergic blockers) have a negative effect on the sexual life. Switching drugs after medical consultation is an alternate.
- Antidepressants: With depression on the rise, more and more people are prescribed antidepressants, especially the selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs) and Tricyclic Antidepressants (TCAs). Both these increase the mood, but lower the libido, in up to 50% of the patients. Added amount of cardio workout could be a workaround for patients on SSRIs. Reducing the dose of TCAs could help improve sexual function.
- Proscar: Benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH) is a common condition seen in aging men, and finasteride is used for its treatment. This prevents conversion of testosterone to its active form and thereby, reduces sexual function. Surgical correction of BPH could be an alternative.
- Antihistamines: Common cold cures like diphenhydramine and chlorpheniramine affect sexual life too. The good news is that these drugs are cleared out of the system within 24 hours and the side effect does not last long either. In patients who might need these chronically, this side effect should be borne in mind.
- Anti-seizure drugs: Drug like terbetrol which is used to cure seizure does the same for the sexual act, which is physiologically akin to a seizure -impulse traveling slower along the nerve. If noticed, an alternative medication should be used.
- Opioids: For severe chronic pain, Vicodin and Oxycodone are used, but these reduce testosterone levels and thereby, reduce sexual drive too. Use of testosterone creams could be a substitute.
In all these cases, the key is to have a discussion with your doctor as soon as you realize it could be affecting your sex life.
‘Health is wealth’ is one of the most common lines we have heard, but most of us fail to take it seriously. We tend to ignore our health a lot, but we are very cared about our looks, but we fail to realize that health is closely related to looks, strange isn’t it? We often try out chemical filled make up to look good, but looking good is closely related to feeling good, isn’t it?
We tend to work out for hours together in the gym but the moment we come home, we are too tired to clean our own house. All these puzzles of life continue to keep coming into my brain and today I have made a vain attempt to answer these questions.
I remember reading in the newspaper the other day that an ordinary women who does all the work at home is much fitter than those who spend hours in the gym.
Well you might scoff at this statement but let me tell you one thing that, housework is the best exercise. When you broom your house, you bend, walk, move your body in every angle to get the dust out of your home and that itself is a great exercise. Well instead of wasting money at the gym, paying money to your maid and then haggling with her every day, cleaning and moping your house yourself is a much better option.
Instead of using all those chemical loaded make up it is better if you use some natural stuff like multani mitti, orange peel, turmeric, malai, etc. which will be much better as they will not damage your skin in any way, they have no side effects and the best part is that results are guaranteed.
Another thing is that we are constantly trying to dress up and look good, but we fail to realize that people who actually love us will love the way we are and the people who hate us will continue hating us. If you feel fantastic and comfortable in flip-flops than killer heals, then wear flip-flops. Why strain yourself unnecessarily to please others and show off? If you cannot be comfortable in your own skin, then I think you have some serious self-esteem issues.
And eat what you like, I believe that my lover should love me for what I am rather than how good I look. If he does not love me for what I am, then his love is merely infatuation and probably I am going to get my heart broken one day, because his love was not true.
Hence, these are some of my answers tell me your views too.
It is often said that Ayurveda is a science and Yoga is an implementation of that science. In treatment, both these connected branches speak for the consistent practice of breathing techniques and medication along with indulging in body purification processes, use of medicinal herbs, well regulated dieting as well as chanting of mantras for uplifting the mind and body. In Yoga, the physical purification processes are known as 'Satkriyas' whereas the same in Ayurveda is called as 'Panchakarma'.
Understanding Yoga and Ayurveda: Yoga and Ayurveda are two interrelated branches of Vedic knowledge that encircles the whole universe.
- The formation of Ayurveda: Ayurveda is one of the four secondary Vedic teachings called the Upavedas that constitute Gandharva Veda, Dhanur Veda and Sthapatya Veda as well. Each of these Ayurvedas is directed towards specific walks and aims at the Vedic quest for liberation. Ayurveda is by far the most important of all four as it addresses all the disciplines of healing as well as holistic well-being of the mind and body.
- The birth of Yoga: Ever since its formation through the Yoga, it has been widely accepted as one of the six branches of Vedic preaching. It advocates the authority of the Vedas and aims at systematizing the true meaning of the Vedic preaching.
In this classical Vedic system, Ayurveda is specifically developed for healing purposes and there is no other branch of the Vedic system that can offer such comprehensive healing benefits.
Integral relationship between Yoga and Ayurveda: The term Yoga means combining, harmonizing and above all uniting. Thus a Yogic approach is an inherently integrative approach that harmonizes the body, mind and senses, and is not involved in implementation of sideline techniques but incorporates a synthesis of all aspects of the healing processes. This is the reason why Yoga originally has an eight-fold path directed towards bettering the quality of lives. Otherwise, it is caught in similar variants of physical reductionism that are often addressed in modern medicinal therapies.
Asana is referred to as the internal medicine of Yoga as it brings the vital energy directly into the body. It is aimed at alleviating the nervous, respiratory and circulatory systems of the human body. It is crucial to integrate Ayurveda and Yoga for bringing out the total spiritual and healing potential of the human body as well as each of these vast branches of Vedic knowledge.
I am 27year old married woman n my husband is 33 we are trying to conceive a baby but still not succeeded. Since we have start having unprotected inter course my periods started fluctuating what does that mean?
I had a chemical pregnancy last month. My period was 7 days late. Started bleeding on the 23rd of april and the bleeding lasted 6 days (normally my period lasts for 4 days max). My question is that when will I be ovulating next? And is it safe to start trying so soon after a chemical pregnancy?
I'm 18 years old. Suffering from pcos since last 4 years. Have tried medication but it doesn't seems to be working. I do not eat junk and do exercise. Can you suggest some vegetarian diet plan for pcos and some natural remedies for its cure?
We had intercourse 1 month back, her period dates are late by 20 days, pregnancy test is showing negative. What it a reason for late periods?
I doing sex with one aunty she have one daughter of 5 years I during sex 10 or more time, and another aunty have two childrens one boy and another girl I do sex with her, possible to come aids?
Surrogacy is the method that is used for reproduction in which a woman other than the woman, who wants to have the baby, agrees to undertake pregnancy and give birth to a child for the couple that appoints her. A couple can opt for surrogacy in the following conditions.
In the case of females who cannot reproduce due to infertility or some other medical conditions that make the process risky for both the mother and the childlike heart diseases, liver infirmities and high blood pressure, surrogacy can opt for so that the couple can experience the bliss of becoming parents.
- If you are a single parent
A single parent can opt for surrogacy in order to fulfil his/her dream of having a child to live for.
- Other factors
There are several other factors when a couple might want to opt for surrogacy. For instance, in couples, where the female is too busy building a stable career for herself and she cannot take the risk of opting for pregnancy, surrogacy can come to their rescue. Also, repeated miscarriages, pelvic disorder, hysterectomy, an impaired uterus or the absence of uterus can act as reasons to opt for surrogacy.
There are a few factors that need to be considered before opting for surrogacy. They are listed below.
Type of surrogacy
Traditional surrogacy and gestational surrogacy are the two options available. In traditional surrogacy, the surrogate mother not only carries the embryo in her womb until childbirth but also donates the egg. However in gestational surrogacy, the egg is taken from the biological mother and impregnated in the womb of the surrogate mother through in vitro fertilization techniques. The intended parents need to take a decision regarding the type of surrogacy that they wish to opt for.
The intended parents must be aware of the surrogacy laws prevalent in their country so as to make sure that they can go through the entire process smoothly. For instance, in India, it is mandatory that the surrogate child should be biologically related to one of the two parents.
Cost of surrogacy
Another important factor that needs to be considered while opting for surrogacy is the cost of the undertaking. It can involve high costs due to the unpredictability of the situations surrounding the process, so the financial stability of the intended parents should be kept in mind. Also, choose the right agency or even if you choose an independent candidate to become the surrogate mother for your child, make a wise choice. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
The brain is not a stagnant realm fed with a granted quota of intelligence and memory at birth. It is always in a state of flux. Exercising your brain in various ways accelerates its ability to perform better. It is in your hands to have a sharper take on situations and occurrences. Playing games that require brainstorming, solving quizzes, crosswords or playing chess makes you feel rejuvenated and tired at the same time; the reason being activated brain cells. A healthy brain will affect your life decisions positively and you probably will think rightly before you leap.
Tips to exercise those brain cells:
1. Meditate and calm your mind: Ten minutes of meditation each day can help you get over anxiety. When your mind is at peace you think out pros and cons with enhanced insight. This composure reflects in each of your actions. Meditation demands your brain to be quiet when it is accustomed to work; you therefore have greater control over it.
2. Music can improve your brain abilities: Music is the best antidote for a sloppy brain. Music excites the neurons healing a bruised memory. It gifts you with clarity of thought. Apart from listening to music one must try to play a musical instrument. Teaching yourself things puts your mind through a strict regimen of constructive activities.
3. Take out time to learn a new language: We are paralyzed the minute our brain gives up. Due to several external and internal reasons each one of us is likely to suffer from cognitive disorders on being subjected to extreme pressure or shock. Trying to learn a new language motivate your brain cells to have a wider vocabulary, which further restricts your chances of brain damage.
4. Mental mathematics could better your intelligence: Calculators, computers and phones are ridding us of our ability to compute individual data. Computation and consolidation of data helps your mind to work faster with precision. So, you now know those lessons on mental mathematics in childhood were actually the key to a well-rounded brain.
5. Think of something novel: The more the number of neurons the merrier is your brain. Take pains to direct your mind on a novel track. Thinking beyond what is given and expected helps your brain grow new neurons. It builds up your creativity letting you discover more of your capabilities. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.