Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Charanjit Kaur
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Charanjit KaurYour feedback matters!
Dyspepsia is a disorder of the stomach that is characterized by pain in the upper part of the stomach. It is not a single disorder, but is a collection of symptoms such as nausea, burping and bloating. It results when the acid of the stomach comes in contact with the mucosa of the digestive tract. These acids cause a breakdown of the mucosa leading to inflammation and irritation, which leads to indigestion. It may also result from eating disorders or certain medications.
The symptoms of this disorder tend to occur mostly after consuming food and drink. In some cases, the symptoms tend to go away after eating or drinking. The symptoms of dyspepsia are:
- You may feel bloated on a regular basis
- You may experience discomfort in your stomach
- Loss of appetite
- You may experience constant burping
- You may feel nauseous
- Symptoms of heartburn
- You may also experience chest pain and breathing difficulties
- You may be affected by jaundice
The various causes of dyspepsia are:
- Irritable bowel syndrome, which hampers the movement of food through the intestines
- If you are unable to properly digest dairy products
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease that results in reflux of the acids of the stomach
- Any inflammation of the gall bladder
- Various medicines such as aspirin, steroids and antibiotics may lead to dyspepsia
- If you suffer from depression or anxiety then it may lead to dyspepsia
- Excess consumption of chocolate, coffee and alcohol
Dyspepsia may be controlled by modifying your lifestyle. Some of the changes that you may make are:
- Don't sleep immediately after eating, wait for at least two hours before you go to bed
- Avoid spicy foods as they tend to aggravate symptoms of dyspepsia
- Space out your meals, eat multiple smaller meals instead of few large ones
- Restrict smoking and alcohol consumption
- Lose weight as being overweight may lead to dyspepsia
- Avoid wearing tight clothes
- Exercise on a regular basis to keep your body healthy and maintain optimal weight levels
I am a 34 year old lady who has delivered a second child four months back. I want to reduce weight as fast as possible. what is the best way ?
Breast milk provides essential nutrients for infants and is a mix of nutrients, which include vitamins, proteins and fat that are necessary for a baby's growth. Apart from benefitting babies, breastfeeding benefits mothers too.
Here are 4 benefits of breastfeeding:
1) Provides nutrients and protection to the baby - The best food a mother can give to her baby is her breast milk. It helps your baby to grow and develop. Breast milk is custom-made by all mothers for their own babies and, thus, contains a perfect mix of essential nutrients. Breast milk contains a mixture of protein, carbohydrate, fat, vitamins and minerals, which are very important for the proper growth and development of the baby. It also contains many antibodies that reduce the chance of diseases and allergies. In fact, the milk's content changes as your baby grows to keep up with the infant's needs.
2) Convenience - The milk from breasts is always safe and fresh, and is precisely of the right temperature, which what makes it a convenient food for the baby. What's more, it doesn't require heating, boiling or sterilizing as such; and can be fed to the baby anywhere, anytime.
3) Benefits mothers - According to a research, breastfeeding, to an extent, provides protection against breast and ovarian cancer. It also serves as a measure of protection against weak bones in the later part of life. Calories are required in order to produce milk. So, breastfeeding helps to gradually lose weight after pregnancy as well. Moreover, breast feeding also defers the return of menstruation for a little while.
4) Continues the special relationship between mother and child - The bond between a mother and a child strengthens due to the intimacy and the closeness involved in breastfeeding. One of the remarkable facts about this is the more a baby breastfeeds, the more milk the mother produces.
Related Tip: Why is breastfeeding so good for your baby and you?
Mujhe 10 din ho gye hai periods ruk nahi rahe thoda thoda roj hota hai please iska karan btaiye or pet bhi mota ho raha hai.
I am 38 years female, with 70 kgs weight. I am bearing a burning sensation with pins and needles feelings on my feet since four months. Kindly suggest.
A procedure done to remove a piece of tissue from your body so that it can be analyzed in a laboratory is termed as 'biopsy'.
A biopsy is done to determine whether you have cancer or some other condition. They help to differentiate cancerous cells from noncancerous cells.
It is performed by a surgeon, interventional radiologist, or an interventional cardiologist.
Types of biopsy procedures
- Bone Marrow biopsy.
- Bone marrow is the spongy material inside some of your larger bones where blood cells are produced.
- This biopsy is done if the doctor suspects cancer to have originated in or travelled to your bone marrow.
- Bone marrow biopsy is done to diagnose leukemia, lymphoma and multiple myeloma.
- A bone marrow biopsy detects cancers that started elsewhere and traveled to the bone marrow.
- During endoscopy, your doctor uses a thin, flexible tube (endoscope) with a light on the end to see structures inside your body. It has a close-focusing telescope on the end for viewing.
- To analyze cells of a tissue, special tools are passed through the tube.
- Tubes are inserted through your mouth, rectum, urinary tract or a small incision in your skin.
- Examples: Cystoscopy to collect tissue from inside your bladder, bronchoscopy to get tissue from inside your lung and colonoscopy to collect tissue from inside your colon.
- During a needle biopsy, the doctor uses a special needle to extract cells from a suspicious area.
- A needle biopsy is often used on tumors that the doctor can feel through your skin, such as suspicious breast lumps and enlarged lymph nodes.
Needle biopsy procedures include:
- Fine-needle aspiration
- Core needle biopsy
- Vacuum-assisted biopsy
A skin (cutaneous) biopsy removes cells from the surface of your body. A skin biopsy is used to diagnose skin conditions, including melanoma and other cancers. The type of skin biopsy to be done depends on the type of cancer suspected.
Skin biopsy procedures include:
- Shave biopsy- The doctor uses a tool similar to a razor to scrape the surface of your skin.
- Punch biopsy- The doctor uses a circular tool to remove a small section of your skin's deeper layers.
- Incisional biopsy- The doctor uses a scalpel to remove a small area of skin.
- Excisional biopsy- The doctor removes an entire lump
You receive a local anesthetic to numb the biopsy site before the procedure.
Biopsy analysis and results
A biopsy guides the doctor to determine cancer's grade. The grade is sometimes expressed as a number on a scale of 1 to 4 and is determined by how cancer cells look under the microscope.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
When you’re in a situation where your opinions are criticized or put down, it is very easy to respond with anger. You feel like doing the same to the other person. But this is not the way to solve your problems. In fact, it only makes the situation worse. Not only will the other person not listen to you, they will respond back with anger and neither of you will be able to solve the issue at hand. Therefore, it is important to know some ways in which you can control your anger.
Here are a few ways in which you can control your anger:
1. Avoid criticizing:
When in an argument and you feel your anger rising, try not to criticize the other person. Instead try to tell them how you feel. Try using statements like “I feel like you don’t clean” rather than saying “You are always messy.” Telling them how you feel, instead of criticizing, opens up communication channels and reduces the chance of them refuting your opinion.
Physical activity can help reduce stress which may be causing your anger. Going for a brisk walk or a run can help reduce this stress. In fact, engaging in any physical activity or sports can help reduce stress and anger.
3. Take a time out:
Give yourself small breaks during the day. Take some time to relax and breathe. Sitting in silence and doing nothing can help your anger subside. This also helps in dealing with future stressful or triggering situations.
4. Think before you speak:
In the heat of the moment it is possible to say something which you do not mean. To avoid this, think about what you want to say before you say it. This way, you can avoid the issue escalating and not let your anger take control of the situation.
5. Know when to seek help:
When you know your anger and frustration are causing harm to others or to yourself, know that it is time to seek help from a professional. They can help you manage your anger through more techniques and therapy.