Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Charanjit KaurYour feedback matters!
Bran cereals 1/3 cup
Green vegetables 1 cup
Corn 1 cup
Turnip 1 cup
Apple (unpeeled) 1 large (180 gm.)
Orange 1 large (200 gm.)
Pear 1 large (180 gm.)
Almonds with skin 8 nuts
Various beans 1/2 cup
Dietary fiber and digestion: fiber requires extra chewing which stimulates the release of saliva that breaks down the starches and clears the teeth. The small intestine absorbs most of the nutrients. Unabsorbed or undigested food passes into colon or large intestine. The fiber acts like a sponge holding water, thus producing a soft stool which moves easily.
Types of fibers: there are two types of fibers: insoluble and soluble. Insoluble fiber does not dissolve in water and is found in wheat bran, cereals, breads, fruits & vegetables with their peal. Soluble fiber forms a gel in water. It is found in fruits & vegetables, dried beans and peas and psyllium (isabgol).
Benefits: dietary fiber is associated with prevention of chronic diseases like cancer and coronary heart disease. 20-30 gms. Of fibers should be consumed daily for a healthy life. 10 gms. Per day from psyllium reduces high blood cholesterol. A high fiber diet is usually lower in total fat.
I am pregnant with 11 weeks, in 8th week I started little spotting, I went to the doctors chamber, he did an usg and there everything was fine, heart beat was 168/m, doctor told usg report is good, he prescribed duphaston 10, and asked me to take rest, but I am still having little brown spotting when I am urinating, what should I do?
Hi. I want to ask. If I had my last periods on 3rd sept. N generally cycle if of 28-30 days. Den which are the safe N Unsafe Days.
I am 17 years old girl and had a sexual intercourse without safety measures. Now I have a doubt that I am pregnant. I need to prevent that and need abortion in homemade remedy. What should I do.
Have been recently married and no issues in sex for two months initially. Recently there is a gap of one month due to infection in foreskin . What would be the ideal time period for pregnancy result? Whether this gap will be a breaker!
Blood test was done on 2 day of menstrual cycle Report Say FSH 51.55 miu/ml LH 22.64 mlu/ml Estradiol 18.07 pg /ml is their possible of getting pregnant to me Pls suggest me.
Can I get aids by oral sex ,if my partner have aids. Is oral sex safe for us. And one thing how I can know that my partner is suffering from aids.
My cousin is 34 year old and having vaginal bleeding from 27 june 2015. Till now even had got down twice. Taken ipill on 6 june 2015. Hcg level is 61 on 28 july 2015. Tv ultrasound normal, does not show any pregnancy.
Hello, I am 26 years and i am 9 months pregnant mai chk up k liye gyi thi ultra sound m bche ki heartbeat nhi Aayi dctrs ka kehna h ki abort kra lo and mere me koi symtoms bhi nhi h jise bleeding nhi huyi h to m kya kru?
My gf age is 27 and she is pregnant from 7 weak and she already took ipill in 72 hours. Nw we do not want baby as we are not marry. So please suggest me how to remove baby.
Seasonal changes are usually a time when we need to take extra precautions to ensure that we do not end up catching any bacteria that may lead to infections or influenza as well as allergic reactions. Common cold and flu is a common occurrence during such times. Seasonal changes are usually known to cause flu and cold, which can also come with chills, sneezing, cough and fever.
Here are a few homeopathic medicines and remedies that can be used during this season.
- Aconite: This medicine is especially helpful when there is fever after sudden exposure to dipping temperatures. Once the cold starts to affect the patient, this medicine must be taken so that congestion is prevented. It can also be used when initial symptoms like tingling and burning sensations in the nose start.
- Arsenicum: This medicine can be used during harsh winters and can be prescribed for stopping the discharge from the nostrils. It can also help in treating congestion and severe cold. If sneezing fits do not reduce, one can have this medicine. It also relieves burning sensation in the throatand nose, as well as fever.
- Allium Cepa: When the discharge from the nose is cold and heavy as well as thin, it can be cured with the help of Allium Cepa. Persistent discharge is one of the symptoms for which this medicine is usually prescribed. Also, this medicine helps patients who experience cough and discharge once they step out of a warm room.
- Euphrasia: When the top part of the respiratory mucous membrane is affected, this medicine can be used. It is also helpful when there is soreness in the nostrils and lips. Also, yellow and acrid discharge from the nostrils can be cured with this medicine. Dryness and pain is also one of the symptoms for which this medicine may be prescribed.
- Gelsemium: When the cold first starts and begins to manifest as headaches, this medicine can be used so that it breaks up the cold effectively. Also, dullness and weakness due to oncoming fever can be checked with this medicine. Further, a sore throat can be treated with this medicine. Excessively warm weather that leads to a cold can be treated with Gelsamium too.
- Nux Vomica: If you have caught a cold from damp and cold weather conditions, the doctor can prescribe Nux Vomica. This effectively treats cold symptoms likedry nose, minimal discharge and a tickling sensation in the nose.
- Mercurius: This medicine can be prescribed to treat frontal sinuses that may be suffering due to the flu. Violent sneezing and excessive sweating can be cured with this medicine. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathic doctor.
Hi there I have syphilis I am taking treatment for that so please tell it is totally curable or it's not curable marriage proposals are coming Nowadays so shall have mutual bed sharing with my partner or not I feel scary does it spread to her also is there any problem if we give birth to a baby please reply is there any solution.
I had undergone cesarean 3 months back and now there is hard lump 1 inch above my cut and below navel and sometimes very slight pain occurs in that. I got ultrasound of my stomach and doctor was that there might be a swelling or pus. Please tell me. Is there chances of pus or is it a scar tissue that is hard too. I read it on internet.
Hi, I am 29 years old female (Married). I have problems with my menstruation cycle. It usually comes after evry 60 days. I am suffering from thyroid as ell (Hypo). I am planning for baby now. Please suggest will I get issues in same?
We can classify diseases and ailments into three categories broadly.
1- Those brought on by our own indiscretion, say in food, or exposure to elements.
2- Those brought on by seasonal changes.
3- Those that constitute payment of karmic deeds.
The first two kinds get easily cured by taking medicines, modification in our lifestyle, following diet and yoga exercises. In the third kind, however, the best medical treatment proves ineffective.
Such a disease leaves a person only when the karmic debt has been paid off. Chronic diseases quite often fall in the third category. It does not mean we should give up treatment. The treatment, the fees that we pay, may well be a part of the payment that has to be made.
May I know the reason for fetal distress (why baby heart beat is very low suddenly during delivery )?
Are you facing troubles, such as unwanted facial hair, excessive weight gain, irregular periods, and acne on face or sudden hair loss? If you are experiencing any two symptoms, you might be suffering from Poly Cystic Ovarian Disorder / Syndrome. Affecting at least 1 in 10 Indian women it is the most common issue facing us today. It is also a leading cause of infertility. Many women ignore the signs and symptoms and fail to consult specialists. PCOS can manifest in many ways- it can have a single symptom or it can be associated with many aspects.
The common signs and symptoms are:
- Irregular or absent menstrual periods.
- Heavy vaginal bleeding: As the cycle gets delayed in PCOS, the uterus lining becomes thicker (a condition known as hyperplasia). When a woman starts her periods after a long time, she can experience heavy and prolonged bleeding.
- Oily skin and acne on face and back.
- Darkening and thickening of certain areas of the skin, especially in skin folds of the neck, armpits, and groin.
- Excessive hair growth on the face, chest, abdomen, or thighs.
- Thinning of hair on the crown of the head.
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Cardiovascular problems, including high cholesterol
- Multiple tiny ovarian cysts; some women with PCOS have a large number of tiny follicle cysts (visible by ultrasound) on their ovaries.
The cause of PCOS is not fully understood, but genetics may be a factor. It seems to run in families, so your chance of having it is higher if other women in your family have it or have irregular periods or diabetes.
If you are experiencing any of the given symptoms, it is advisable that you consult a Gynecologist or an Endocrinologist.
PCOS on the rise in adolescents:
Adolescent PCOS is on the rise these days due to change in lifestyle, academic load and lack of physical exercise. In many girls the symptoms commence with irregular periods and weight gain, followed by hair loss and acne. It is imperative that PCOS be diagnosed early so that its secondary issues - insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and heart disease can be controlled medically.
How PCOS is diagnosed:
It can easily be diagnosed through a physical examination, simple inexpensive blood tests and most importantly an ultrasound. You should consult a Gynecologist or an Endocrinologist.
How can PCOS be prevented or controlled:
PCOS cannot be prevented but weight control is the key to prevention of metabolic syndrome at a young age. Early diagnosis and treatment can help manage the symptoms and prevent long-term problems.
Even post diagnoses exercise, diet control and adherence to medication are essential. One should also document their menstruation cycles dates for clinical aspects.
In some older women who wish to conceive surgical treatment known as laparoscopic drilling of the cysts can be done.
Hi Dr. I am 21 years old girl. I have issue with my periods. As they are irregular and I am very worry about it. As they become after two or some times after 3 months. And I think so thats why my lower belly fat is increasing as my whole body is skinny but I have little belly fat. So please help me what can I do for it?
Used for dysentry, diarrhoea, febrile diarrhoea, amoebiasis, ibs (irritable bowel syndrome) etc.
Many brands of syrup based kutaj extract with bilav etc are available for use in infants, children also.
No side effects