Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Charanjit KaurYour feedback matters!
Indian traditions are more like the first lessons which are taught by the elders of the house. These traditions are often followed without any doubts and questions. These traditions are not just followed for the sake of religious rituals but have deep rooted scientific reasons associated with the same.
Some of the interpretations of these rituals are as follows:
- Namaste: When we greet someone or meet someone for the first time we join both our hands in for Namaste. This is done out of sheer respect for the person. Doing Namaste activates the acupuncture points of the fingertips and helps us to remember the person.
- Ushapan: This is the practice of drinking water from a copper utensil. This helps in absorbing the extra heat of the body thereby maintaining the body temperature. The water should be kept overnight in the copper pot before drinking it. It is believed that drinking water from a copper pot helps in bowel movement, cleaning of the stomach and creating digestive juices.
- Sukhasan: When ones sits on the floor with crossed leg is referred to as sukhasan. When having food in this position then a person has to bend and eat as they might have to move up and down while eating. When this happens the stomach is pushed while bending and the back is straight before taking the next bite. This movement leads to muscular movements thereby helping to produce digestive juices and aids in swallowing as well.
- Vamakukshi and shatapawali: Vamakukshi is referred to as the afternoon nap post lunch. Sleeping on the left side helps in the digestion of the food. Though prolonged sleeps can make a person lazy, a quick 10 minutes nap is recommended as it allows a person to be fresh. Shatapwali means taking 100 steps, to be more appropriate it is the walk after dinner. This helps in the digestion of food as the gas created after consuming food is moved and the pressure in the chest is reduced. The above terms literally explain the famous praise, "After lunch sleep a while, after dinner walk a mile."
- Ear piercing: Though ear piercings are looked at as a fashion ornament, but as per the Hindu traditions these help in decision making, thinking abilities and intellectual development and also to some extent an acupressure point. It is ideal to get a baby's ear pierced by the 12th day of her birth, as it is believed that getting ears pierced early leads to acquiring the quality of minimal speech.
- Touching feet of elders: This is known as one of the best exercises as it aids in blood circulation, helps in stretching and pushing the organs, improves excretion and digestion and strengthens the physique. It is also believed to transfer an aura and positive energy from the person whose feet are being touched. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
My sis is 13 years old she has dysomennorehea disorder dis month her period is on 26 th b4 2 days her stomach is paining may b on 19 and 20 sept like on d night hr stomach was paining afte having food nt so much den again on 20 hr stomach was paining in aftr noon. Bt frm dis two days she is f9 during her periods she has vry bad pain in hr stomach and her pain last till 5 th day of period and also has a very heavy flow till 5th day so doc suggested hr meftal spas she become fine aftr dat nd also aftr heat pads once hr period is gone she becomes totally f9 bt I am still concern as one of the doc from your app told me dat she had small intestine pathology prob as my personal gynac told d same she has periods prob n docs from other app tld d same bt I am still concern does she hve any small intestine prob.
I am a 53 year old female. Recently I have been getting a shooting pain on the top of my head with blood shot eyes. This happens only when I have intense sex. What is this about?
Do girl will have any problem lik infection if I we lick girl pussy or boy will have any problem in licking girl pussy through mouth.
I tried for conceive in month of Feb ,my period date is 8th of Feb it's regular period ,so I want to ask that I feel changed in my body feel like that I am pregnant but at 8 march again my period start.In Feb I had intimate alternate day but why I don't conceive what's the problem.
We have to go for a trip on 8 th of march & she had her periods on 9th of February & her cycle is of 30 days so she wants to take a pill so that her periods can occur a week before so that it would not be hectic while going on the trip so please recommend a pill which is safe for her.
My period continues for 2 days with not very heavy flow. The 2nd day of my last period was 30th july. Now we want 2nd boy baby. So when should we need to intercourse to conceive and when the chances of boy baby is more?
Hello doc, I have been suffering from itching in vagina. From past one month. I have been to gynac. She said its jus normal infection which will go off with time. She gave me taxi mo & a syrup course for a week. But when I left those medicines again itching started. Now. I have been to homeopath. She says its fungal infection. How can a doc conclude that its a fungal infection. She said. If h only have itching. From past over a month chances are it's fungal infection doq n there. I did my urine test in dat every thing was normal except pus cell count & Epithelial cell count. Can anybody pls acknowledge what might be wrong. am I going right.
I am an 18 year old girl and I recently had unprotected sex for three consecutive days on the first day of sex I immediately consumed an i- pill just after an hour. I am experiencing spotting and little bleeding since the 3rd day after the last time I had sex which was 21st may 2016. And my periods had got over on the 19th which was the third day of my menstrual cycle. And I had also consumed medication to delay my period from 6th of may to 13th may my original period cycle date should have been 12th but due to the delay pills I go them on 17th. Is this the implantation bleeding? Am I pregnant by any chance?
The coconut plant is an extremely versatile plant. No part of it goes waste. The whole fruit is used from its succulent flesh to its water everything is utilized. Coconut is in fact filled with various nutrients. It has many health benefits. The coconut is now seen as a superfood.
The reasons behind so many health benefits of coconut have been laid down here:
- Consuming any coconut product leads to a positive effect on weight management. It speeds up metabolism and provides instant energy. Unlike other energy sources, coconut has fewer calories than other fats. In fact, it is most likely to burn up than being stored in the body as fat.
- Coconut has good fats. It contains medium chain fatty acids. Long chain fatty acids are responsible for high cholesterol. But medium chain fatty acids are not. Instead, they help to lower the chances of atherosclerosis and other heart diseases. Also among the coconut's several different properties, it contains lauric acid. Lauric acid is found in human breast milk.
- Carbohydrates are of two types, digestible (soluble) and non-digestible (insoluble). Soluble carbohydrates do not leave the body and get stored as fats. Insoluble carbohydrates do the opposite. Coconuts contain insoluble carbohydrates. As the body cannot digest the fibre, it cannot retain any calories and does not affect blood sugar levels.
- Since coconuts contain insoluble fibres, they do not raise glucose levels. Coconuts, thus have low glycaemic index.
- Sweet cravings are lessened and insulin secretion is improved. Blood sugar has better utilization. Coconut lowers any growth in blood sugar, thus reducing cravings.
- Coconut oil is beneficial to fight tooth decay. It fights the bacteria and the mouth bugs that give rise to dental caries.
- Brain disorders like Alzheimer's and Parkinson's and strokes can be prevented.
- It has no trans-fat
- It is gluten free. Also, the flour made from dried, powdered coconut flesh can even be used in baking!
- It is hypoallergenic
- Boosts immune system
- Coconut contains fatty acids that have antimicrobial properties. They kill bacteria, yeasts, fungi and viruses that cause diseases.
- Protects body from free radicals that lead to premature aging
- It is also good for your hair and skin