Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. CharanjitYour feedback matters!
Hi. I had unprotected sex on 15th and 16th February. My periods are due on 23rd February. Can I get pregnant.
In a normal pregnancy, the egg that the ovaries release enters the fallopian tube. If a sperm fertilises it, the fertilised egg attaches itself inside the uterus. However, sometimes the fertilised egg can attach itself outside the uterus. This condition is called ectopic pregnancy.
Ectopic pregnancy can be detected in the first few weeks of the pregnancy itself. If your doctor does discover ectopic pregnancy, you would need immediate medical attention. Ectopic pregnancies can be sad and scary. Fortunately, one ectopic pregnancy doesn't mean you can never conceive again. Many women who lost their first baby to ectopic pregnancy have been able to have a healthy and normal pregnancy the second time around.
The causes of ectopic pregnancy include:
- An inflammation or infection of the fallopian tube can lead it to become entirely or partially blocked.
- Scar tissue from a surgery or an infection of the fallopian tube may also hinder the movement of the fertilised egg.
- Surgery in the tubes or pelvic areas in the past might cause adhesions.
- Birth defects or abnormal growths can cause anomalies in the shape of the tube.
These causes are usually followed by certain risk factors, such as:
- Age (The age group of 35-44 especially)
- An ectopic pregnancy in the past
- Previous abdominal or pelvic surgery
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Several prompted abortions
- Conceiving with an intrauterine device in place
- Endometriosis (growth of uterus lining tissues outside the uterus).
- Fertility treatments.
The signs and symptoms of ectopic pregnancy include:
- Minimal vaginal bleeding
- Vomiting and nausea with pain
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Sharp cramps in the abdomen
- Localised pain (Pain concentrated on one side of your body)
- Pain in your neck, rectum or shoulder
- Rupture of the fallopian tubes can cause fainting due to the bleeding and pain
The treatment of ectopic pregnancy can be any one of the following:
- If the pregnancy has not progressed too far, methotrexate will be administered. This absorbs the pregnancy tissue and can save the fallopian tubes.
- The tubes may be removed if they have ruptured or stretched, and have started bleeding.
- Laparoscopic surgery (operations performed by making minor incisions) may be performed to remove or repair the tubes and recover the ectopic pregnancy.
In my vagina or uterus is swelling nd I think it sores (ghao) or chota sa gilti hogya h nd trouble in while passing urine or toilet. Severe pain l.
Dr sahab, my wife is suffering from thyroid antibodies disease. Due to this disease,we are facing the problem of child growth during pregnancy. Child dead after 1 or 2 months in pregnancy. Please help and advice me
This month 5th I got menses. Up to date it was two weeks. Within two weeks can think as pregnancy.Please tell.
Hi my last period was on 19th Dec 15, had sex on 14th Jan 15. My next period on 19th Jan 15. I want to know if I can get pregnant 6days before period.
Hi doctor. My wife is pregnant and in fifth month. Our doctor has recommend duvadilan retard for first six months. Just want to know .is it safe to use this medicine regularly for first six months. Pl. Suggest.
I am twenty one years old girls my period does not come for five days and not in time. What can I do and which medicine is to be taken?
Hi, I am 83 days pregnant now. I had small blood clot and 2 drop spotting on 48th day. But it disappears in my last scan on 60th day. Now I need to travel to chennai on 88th day. Train is not available. By car it will take 14 hours for going and coming. By flight it will take 6 hours. Which is safe or is there any risk if I travel at this period. Thanks in advance.
I am not getting my periods sice 1.5 month. Me and my botfriend have kissed in nov month 2014. After that For two months i got my periods. But now i am not getting. Am i pregnant now?
My age is 23 and my stamina is vey low and there is lacking of blood . What should I eat and any tonic which is beneficial for me. Due to lacking of blood my face looks dark and looking unhealthy.
1. It has no side-effects, whatsoever.
2. Easy to be taken even by non co-operative
Children. Small sweet pills, drops, powders --- a
Dream of patient and doctor!
3. Easy to manufacture on mass level in large
Quantities, even at short notices as in epidemics
. No panic of shortage.
4. It is cheaper. So suitable for mass distribution
And government and charity supplies.
5. It is holistic in approach, so cures pt perfectly.
Gentle cures, no medicinal hang over. Or after-
6. In an expert's hands, it is very accurate and fast
[ though many thinks it to be slow].
7. It has prophylactic value with more accuracy
Than vaccinations and that too without side-
Effects of vaccines.
8. It has a great working in trauma, burn, stroke
, mental shock.
9. It is very much effective in veterinary field.
Since, animals have higher body weight than man
, so medical doses and costing are forbidding.
10. It has a potential of wide coverage of
Specialities like paediatrics, skin, gynaec and
Obstetrics, orthopaedics, psychiatry, etc.
11. It has scope in agriculture and fertilizers