Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Chandrakant Kar
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Chandrakant KarYour feedback matters!
he is nice and consicously listen and treated his patients.
.SIR, I AM 38. MY QUESTION IS RELATED WITH PROSTRATE. I HAVE A MILD ENLARGE PROSTRATE WITH RESUDIARY URINE 120. DURING URINE NO PAIN. I HARDLY WAKE AT NIGHT. M.Y URINE TEST AND URINE CULTURE ARE NORMAL. ON 8TH OCTOBER 2015 MY PSA IS 0.61.BUT AFTER EJACULATION OR INTERCOURSE I FEEL BURNING SENSATION. IS IT ANY DANGER/ I am very tensed. Please advice. Sometime my legs chew. Is it related with urinary track infection or prostrate?
I got ultrasound last month and it shows 11 mm stone and today I got ultrasound again and it shows two stones of 14 and 8 mm. Is it possible for stones to develop that quickly? I do not have any pain? Is this ultrasound error?
I m 23 years old. 2 days back I had constipation and when I passed the stool It was very hard. And as it passed I felt a very sharp pricking pain and irritation in the anal area. The next morning I passed stools but I even saw 2-3 tiny drops of pinkish red blood. It was definitely not my periods. It wasn't coming out from urine also, so I guess it must be from anal area only. Even now wen I pass stools there is sharp pricking pain and itching that persists for 10-15 mins even after bowel movements. There is no blood in stool. But when I pass stools it turns the toilet water fully brown. I will visit a doctor in person within a day now. But just wanted to confirm whether this is serious? Is it like anal / colon cancer or something?
I am 32 year old. I done my semen analysis show 10-15 pus cell. Is this a bacterial prostatitis or non bacterial process. How long should I take antibiotic.
Mara urine korta time dard hota ma bohot jaga dikhaya koi bolrahaha apka urine road small hota ja rahi mas barkar koi bolrahiha kuch nahi majar mara dard thik nahi ho rahiha.
Dear sir/ madam. I have a stones in my kidneys. In both two sides multiple stones. The stones size Right kidney :- N.S ,Multiple 3-4 mm calculi + small calculi 1-2 mm. Left kidney :- N.S single 4-5 mm calculi. I have trek ment. In last 4 months. Not remove stones. I have pain in Right side. .please tel me sir which type medicines use to solved my problem.
Benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH is a condition where the prostate gland gets enlarged. This is mostly common in men who are ageing. When the prostate gland gets enlarged, the flow of urine through the urethra gets blocked, and hence, several problems related to urination may occur. BPH occurs as a result of hormonal imbalance. If untreated, BPH can lead to severe bladder and urinary health conditions.
- A frequent need for urination: Men affected by BPH feel an increased need to urinate frequently. This gets enhanced during the night and is called nocturia. The patient may even need to urinate more than eight times a day. Due to the enlarged prostate gland, more pressure is put on the urethra, which leads to uncontrollable urination.
- Urinating difficulties: The act of urination becomes difficult. Because of enhanced pressure on the urethra, the flow of urine to the penis from the bladder gets blocked. This makes a urine stream hard to start. The urine stream gets weak and interrupted, and more difficulty may be experienced during the end of urination.
- Pain during urination and ejaculation: Due to pressure on the urinary tract and reproductive system, pain can accompany urination and ejaculation. Some patients tend to push urine out, which results in pain. The pain may also occur because of infection during BPH.
- Blood in urine and an unusual color/smell: Urine may take a dark color and have an unusual smell due to urinary retention. Unpleasant urine smell signifies urinary tract infection. Blood in the urine may also result because of dilated veins present on the surface of the enlarged prostate.
- Urinary retention: When a patient is unable to pass any urine, it is called urinary retention. Such a condition requires immediate treatment, and you need to consult a doctor immediately.
- Urinary tract infections: Bacteria may start growing in the bladder when the bladder is not fully emptied of urine. This bacterial infection causes darkening of the urine, and emission of a foul odor.
- Bladder stones: Bladder stones may develop because of the inability of the bladder to empty itself completely. This is a major symptom of BPH. Hard lumps of minerals or bladder stones are formed when the urine present in the bladder gets highly concentrated, which causes the crystallization of minerals. Bladder stones may cause infections, result in blood in urine, cause bladder irritation and may also block urine flow.
So you see that benign prostatic hyperplasia involves the enlargement of the prostate gland, and results in several problems related to urination and different symptoms. Hence, immediate treatment is advisable.
I have yellowish urine already had checked bilirubin test that's ok but still. Can you tell me please what is cause.
Benign Prostrate Hyperplasia (BPH) is a condition which results in the enlargement of the prostate gland. The prostrate grand is situated near the Urethra (a tube which helps flush out the urine from the bladder). Generally, the chance of developing BPH increases after one crosses the age of 50. But it is yet unknown as to why some men experience more severe symptoms than others.
Causes of BPH
This condition generally occurs because of old age and affects almost all men above the age of 75. It occurs because of the various hormonal changes and changes in cell growth that the body goes through, as one becomes old. Sometimes BPH can set in due to genetics. If BPH sets in due to genetically reasons, it usually is quite severe and affects men before they reach 60.
Symptoms of BPH
Quite a few men who develop BPH, experience no symptoms at all. But when symptoms of BPH, known as lower urinary tract symptoms (LUT) start, they can be either mild or very severe. The severity of the symptoms is not related to the extent of the enlargement. Many a times men with only a mild enlargement complain about severe symptoms, while men with a highly enlarged prostate gland have not complained about any discomfort faced.
Symptoms of BPH tend to worsen due to cold weather and also because of physical and emotional overexertion. There are certain medicines, which should be avoided if you suffer from BPH, as they have a tendency to worsen your symptoms, for example diphenhydramine, pseudoephedrine, oxymetazoline spray and other antidepressants.
The symptoms of BPH are related to bladder emptying and issues with bladder storage.
Symptoms related to the urine drainage from the bladder are:
- Strain while urinating
- Weak urine flow
- Some dribbling after urination
- Sudden urge to urinate
- Pain while urinating
Symptoms related to storage of urine in the bladder are:
- Waking during the night to urinate
- Urinating frequently during the day and at night
- Sudden urge to urinate, which may be hard to control
It however, has to be kept in mind that these symptoms may not primarily occur due to prostate enlargement, but are the result of other conditions like urinary tract infections, prostatitis, prostate cancer, neurological disorders and even diabetes. Thus, it is essential that you visit a doctor and get the cause for these symptoms diagnosed properly.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!