Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Chandra MansukhaniYour feedback matters!
I am 18 years old girl last month I got twice time periods and now again after 18 days I got periods this is 1st time. Why its happening.
What should I be done for my baby is become fair colour my wife has second trimester 20 week but we have normal colour.
I am 22, I have irregularity in periods most of the time. Even now also 2 months gone wasted as result no periods. I have facial hairs below my chin. Where is the problem I dont understand that.
A detox diet is a temporary food habit, which involves detoxifying your body without causing much stress. Detoxifying includes cleansing your body of toxins, bacteria, and viruses that build up inside it. It usually lasts for a few days, and a detox diet consists of foods that are easy to digest and low in fat and protein. These foods help liver function and increase your metabolism, which brings about the detoxification progress.
Some of the constituents of a detox diet are:
1) Drinking copious amounts of water - Water performs many bodily functions like regulating body temperature, hydrating the body, regulating bowel movements etc. One such vital function is flushing out toxins. The more water you drink, the more toxins get flushed out of your body. Drinking eight glasses of water each day is advisable. Plus, water also helps to control hunger.
2) Munch on fruits and vegetables - Replacing your daily diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables, which are rich in fiber, can help remove toxins. It also provides the body with necessary nutrients and antioxidants. Fruits rich in fiber are spinach, broccoli, avocado, blueberries, beans, artichoke and many others.
3) Eating oranges, lemons or limes - Citric acid helps to dissolve toxins within the body and increases and improves the functioning of the liver. Lemons contain the highest amounts of citric acid and eating them on a daily basis can be highly beneficial.
4) Drinking herbal tea - Herbal tea, which is a huge source of antioxidants and water, helps to flush toxins out of the body. Green tea is a good example of this and is loaded with anti-inflammatory properties as well.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: 5 Quick-fix Detox Drinks That Will Do Damage Control
I have been infected with fungal infection in my vagina and I am under treatment since 3 day. I hv been taking my medicines (azithromycin 500 mg, pre & probiotic capsules -DS, fluconazole) but the affected area has increased since the first day of treatment. And my labia are sticked together with some yellow spots. It also discharges thick yellowish water. I am worried a lot. please help me. I hv seen the gynecologist and she had suggested me those medicines and said I will be fine with 10 days .but the infected area is increasing and due to this m also suffering high fever n body pains.
We had unprotected sex, and she took ipill within 8 hours and now after 7 days she is getting little bleeding. Is she pregnant? Is dat continue for NXT days ?and her normal periods dat was 17 ,can we expect the next period date. please help us.
Hi I am 25yrs, I am 6weeks pregnant. I am losing my appetite. What are the symptoms I should be having otherwise which are ok at this stage?
Festivals without sweets are unheard of in India. Think of Diwali and you’re sure to conjure visions of ‘mithai’, dried fruits and ‘laddus’. These sweetmeats are rich not only in taste, but also in calories. This makes festival food a big problem for weight management. Thankfully, there are ways to have a sweet celebration without putting on excess weight.
Here are a few tips.
- Eat in moderation: It is impossible to completely avoid sweets during this festive season. However, you can keep a check on the amount you eat. Limit yourself to one or two pieces of mithai instead of gorging on them. Avoid second helping of sweets at all costs.
- Pick your sweets carefully: Not all sweets have the same calorific value. Sweets that are deep fried such as gulab jamuns have a higher calorific value than rasgullas. Similarly homemade sweets are usually much lower in fat content than store bought ones. If you are making sweets at home, try replacing the sugar with jaggery to lower the fat content. Eating dry fruits over sweets can also help minimize your calorie intake.
- Do not skip your meals: Eating heavy sweets may make you want to skip your regular meals, but this is a terrible idea. Do not miss out on your regular servings of fruits, vegetables and carbs. Do not replace your normal meals with snacks and dried fruits. If necessary, lower your portion size and have a light soup for dinner instead of your regular meal.
- Avoid sweet drinks: Since you cannot avoid eating sugar, skip drinking sugar. Avoid sweetened drinks such as colas and processed juices. Instead, pick light drinks such as buttermilk, lemonade and jaljeera. Green tea is also a good option during Diwali. If possible, avoid alcohol.
- Stay hydrated: When eating such rich and heavy food, it is important to drink plenty of water through the day. This keeps the body hydrated and helps flush toxins from the body. Drinking water also reduces the urge to snack and can help keep a control over your food intake.
- Eat mindfully: Chew your food and mithai slowly while eating. This will ensure that you thoroughly enjoy it and will keep you satiated for longer. Avoid eating on the go. Mindful eating also reduces the urge to snack excessively and hence controls your food intake.
- Exercise: Do not make Diwali an excuse to not exercise. Set aside half an hour at the beginning of the day to exercise and kick start your metabolism. Breathing exercises such as Pranayam and anulom vilom can also help clear your respiratory passages and help prevent problems sue to the pollutants in the air.
My wife has polysystic ovary. She is 26 years old. She has a previous history of breast cancer in her family (mother. Can she be prone to breast cancer? Does she needs to do mammography or any other test now? Due to polysistic ovary can she have pregnancy problems later? Maybe on 28.
Hlo Dr. I want to ask k agr sex krne baad jis month sex kia uske 3-4 din baad hi agr periods aa jaayein aur usse nxt month b periods aa jayein to kya tb b koi pregnant hp skta hai ?aur pregnancy chahe 2nd time ho to kya hr baar pregnancy mein periods ka 9 months tk nai aana jruri hai ya. Pregnant hone pr b norml har month periods aate hain kisi ko?
I had intercourse first time on sept 5 and I was having periods on that day and then on sept 19 again I had intercourse and now its oct 6 I didn't have perdz. Does sex delay the periods a bit? Please help me out.
She is 6 weeks pregnant, due to spotting; her doctor prescribed her hcg injection (once a week since from her 4th weeks), endogest 200 (twice a day), folic acid (once a day) and etova 2 (three times a day). My question is, are these medicines are safe to take during pregnancy?
I didn't have my periods since December 2016, every month there is old blood clots I see while urination but periods do not happen. I tried homeopathy medicines and allopathy-meprate. I take minimum diet and do morning walks but I don't lose weight as well. No thyroid and ultrasound reports were normal. Please advise.
Hi, my mother is 50 years old she is feeling lots weakness in body her health is getting down day by day & her diet also very poor we got her blood test also in the report everything is fine I want to ask can we give her iron calcium tablets or tonics I would like to be happy if you will suggest something better.
My girlfriend is pregnant The tenure of her pregnancy is between 40-60 daysWhich medicine will you prefer?
I have lots of pain in my period time Sometime I'm suffering from fever. And I have a tumor in my breast (lymph nodes category 2 according to my mammography report) Size of tumor is 3 c. M. What should I do?
Is it safe to take dubagest sr 300 before periods. As m trying to conceive will it protect the womb if m getting conceived? . Or it will bring menses?
Becoming a parent is the most cherishing moment in a couple's life, hence it is important to ensure that both the mother and the baby are healthy. In today's world lot of factors like environmental, socio-economic, lifestyle associated, and addictions such as smoking and alcohol affect the health of both men and women. If the parents have ill health or unhealthy lifestyle practices, the same can complicate matters and also cause infertility.
Today's life, especially in the metro cities, is fast and becoming more stressful. Pregnancy is a period when the health of the baby is directly dependent on the health of the mother and father. Also during the early phase of pregnancy the development of a baby inside the womb is very rapid and is the base for its future. Preconception counseling helps parents to understand and identify the different factors affecting the growth of the baby along with the modifications or complete illumination of these factors (if possible) to maintain the healthy development of the baby and the health of the mother as well.
Hence preconception counseling is a good initiative towards a healthy outcome. It not only guides the parent about the healthy lifestyle but also helps to find out the genetic factors causing any malformation or medical conditions, affecting the baby- the mother- the whole family through an emotional, psychological, social and economic point of view. It helps the parents to understand the condition, its future consequences so that they are able to take informed decisions.
Planning a baby 1
The Prenatal Counseling Guides About:
- The right height and weight as per the BMI. This highlights the right attributes needed for conception
- Blood pressure to check any abnormality
- Medical history - whether they have had any medical treatment for any particular disease. If yes, then what are the medications? They check whether these are safe medications for pregnancy or not. The doctors then alter them accordingly to avoid any harmful effect on pregnancy.
- Abdominal & pelvic examination to rule out any abnormality
- Rubella screening- It is important to have a vaccine. As Rubella causes abortions or congenital birth defects in baby.
- Varicella screening to assess any chances of future abnormalities
- Depression screening as its medication are harmful for the baby & also if mother is not prepared for pregnancy then the outcome is usually affected.
- Blood tests like urine analysis, complete blood count, sugar, blood group & tests for -STDS (HIV, VDRL), Hepatitis B, thyroid dysfunction
- The importance of well-balanced nutritional diet and how to opt it
- The change or modification in the lifestyle to reduce stress
- Exercise and its benefits
- Any family history of any disease like Haemophilia and the steps towards it
- Quitting alcohol and smoking as they have adverse effects on the growth and development of baby
- Any kind of drug addiction having ill effect on the health of both mother and baby
Thus prenatal counseling in planning a baby is a step towards ensuring a healthy outcome.
Pregnancy is something, which is quite divisive. The mere prospect of it can really go a long way in scaring people. At the same time, for some others, giving birth to a baby can be the primary cause for a lot of happiness. When a couple is having trouble conceiving, infertility is usually the reason why there is a relationship strain between the two of them. Considering this, doesn’t it make sense to learn a bit about infertility and the truth to all that is said about it so as to separate the wheat from the chafe?
To start with, it is often said that when there is an infertility issue, it is probably due to the lack of fertility of the woman rather than the man. However, this is pretty untrue. It has been found that both men and women are responsible for infertility almost equally. In fact, according to a study, in about a fifth of the cases of infertility, the reason for it was that both the man and the woman were not fertile.
Many people say that, if a woman wishes to have a baby, she should do so before she crosses the age of 35. This is true to some extent as the chances of a woman conceiving do fall to a significant extent after the age of 35. As a matter of fact, a woman can expect to reach the peak of her fertility while she is in her twenties, itself!
Without a shadow of doubt, having sex around the time of ovulation is the key to getting pregnant. However, it is believed by a large number of people that there is no chance of getting pregnant if sex is had too soon or too late after ovulation as sperms only live for a few hours after an intercourse. The truth is that the sperms have the ability to live for several days.
When planning to conceive, many women believe that for about a quarter of a year or three months after they stop making use of the birth control pill, they will not be able to get pregnant. The good news for them is that as soon as the pill is stopped, the levels of a woman’s hormones return back to their pre-pill levels almost immediately and ovulation can be expected to occur at the time of their following cycle. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.