Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. ChandraYour feedback matters!
My wife had hysterectomy in june 13 in which ovaries and uterus were removed.Of late she is experiencing burning sensation during intercourse. Further any diaetry /medicinal supplement o mitigate the side effects of this operation
Hello Doctor, I am 42 years old and my periods have become irregular. It came after two months but now there is excessive bleeding as well as too much clotting. I am a working woman sometime things become very embarrassing. So kindly give me a solution.
Hello Dr. I just want to ask if female had sex on her 3rd day of period and after sex she is not bleeding on 4th day she gets pregnant or not what are the possible chances pls reply thanks and regards.
I am a girl, in class 11th. When I was in 7th I used to have heavy periods for five days but I started to have very light periods for about 2-3 days. Is it normal?
Hymen may be lacerated by disease, injury, medical examination, sex etc. Someone told me that finger break hymen and it hurts a bit and if you don't feel pain while using finger than its a sign that you don't have the hymen. Is it true? Is it a fact? And if that girl is virgin and never have any accident, disease, medical examination or any other factor which can be the reason of missing hymen so is it normal to don't have a hymen?
FNAC report suggestive of well differentiation squamous cell carcinoma with meta static deposits site rt cervical lymhphnode pt. problem small area of ulceration pt. in my sister.Please tell sir.
Tubal ligation involves a surgical procedure in which the fallopian tubes of a woman are either cut or tied. The procedure is aimed at preventing the passage of eggs from the ovaries to the fallopian tubes, where they are usually fertilized by a sperm. A gynaecologist is the one who performs the surgery, and it is a permanent birth control method for women.
Tubal Ligation Methods
The different ways in which tubal ligation can be done are:
- Laparoscopy: This is usually done with general anesthesia wherein surgical tools and viewing instruments are inserted through two small incisions made in the abdomen and then the tubes are clipped.
- A Postpartum tubal ligation: This is usually done within 24-36 hours of childbirth. The fallopian tubes are at a higher position after childbirth, so a small incision is made under the belly button and the tubes are stitched closed.
Expectations after Surgery
- You will need no more birth control backup method after the surgery.
- The gas used during the surgery might still be left inside your stomach; as a result your stomach might be a bit swollen as a result, but it goes away usually in one or two days.
- You should make sure not to rub or disturb the incision for about a week while you take a bath.
How well does Tubal Ligation work?
Tubal ligation is a form of permanent birth control as it is quite efficient in stopping the passage of eggs to the fallopian tubes. Statistics show that about 5 out of 1000 women run the chance of pregnancy after the surgery; most of them were either pregnant during the time of the surgery or the surgery wasn't done correctly.
Possible risk factors
There are no major complications in case of tubal ligation. But there are certain risks which should be considered:
- Minor risks-Either wound separation or infection.
- Major risks-There can be some cases of heavy blood loss or organ injury due to faulty surgical techniques.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Tubal Ligation Advantage
Being a permanent method of birth control, it allows you to be sexually active without anxiety of pregnancy.
Tubal ligation doesn't stop you from contracting sexually transmitted diseases, so make sure to protect yourselves against them.
Hi all I'm 24years old, weighing 94kg, 5'10 height, the problem I'm facing is the problem of male breast, is there any way to reduce it without surgery.Please help?
Alcohol, smoking, hukka, gutka, pan masala increasing, increasing teeth problems boring, boring water, drug side effects irregular, irregular life style etc has lead to increasing number of patients with taste problemsmajority. Majority of us are not involved in educating patients and society .revisiting this unfolded special sense is need of hour.
On an average 10000 taste buds are found in mouth mainly on tongue but also on roof and back in throaton.on tongue taste or gustatory cells are clustered as prominent papillae viz filiformfungiformcircum-vellate, fungiform, circum-vellate & foliatemany. Many times patients come with fear showing these normal structures as abnormalfive. Five common tastes are sweet, sour salty bitter, salty, bitter (bitter gourdciturus, citurus peelunsweetened, unsweetened coffee & cocoa) and umami (due to glutamate of soy saucemeet, meet extractssome, some cheeses) for taste quality good sense of smell is also importantspecial. Special channels connect roof of mouth to nose for sensation taste. Taste mainly travels via chorda nerve through facial nerve via ear to brainalso, also via glossopharyngeal neve and vagus nerve to brain.
75% of people over 80 yrs age have impaired tastetaste.taste is affected mostly temporarily by many things : Common cold flu pharyngitissalivary, flu, pharyngitis, salivary gland affections dental, dental caries infections gum, infections, gum disesesacid, acid riflux in throatbell's, bell's palsysome, some neurological disease like parkinsonism. Head or ear injury, as a part of middle ear surgery due to chorda tympani nerve affection B12, B12 & zinc defieciency auto, auto immune diseases of mouth- eyes during, during pregnacy due to hormonal influx as motion sickness, smoking(reduces saliva tionnicotine, nicotine comes in saliva) alcohol drugs (thyroid, alcohol, drugs (thyroid medications drug, drug used for amoebiasis like metronidazole, quininelithium cancer drugs etc, over 250 drugs affect taste.
Excess use of sweets chocolates chilly, chilly spices also affect taste various chemicals affect.
How to avoid?
Avoid hot food eat, eat only when hungry regular, regular tongue cleaning twice, twice or thrice soft brushing teeth, dental flossing treat, treat sinus nose infections and allergy avoid, avoid spicy food quit, quit or reduce smoking avoid, avoid keeping gutka/paan for long in mouth careful, careful ear operations etc
How to improve taste?
Avoid combination dishes and storage as in a casserole flavour the food eat, eat variety food chew, chew properly eat, eat sugar free mints and gums, eat orange lemon adesserve, lemonades, serve food that looks like itself ex fishnasal, nasal saline spray can help.
Zinc and vitamin 12 supplement lipoic, lipoic acid use.
Let taste be a special sense for our life timetreat.treat early by expert.
I m not having my periods since 1 month. Bt thick white liquid discharge is coming n due to which I m having lot of pain in my lower back. Knee joints. Very exhausted, am I having some kind of cancer.
I am suffering from varginal discharge. And its flow will increase after intercouse. Its is very irritating to feel wet very time. Dischage is of yellowish in colour. Its very smelly. It is increasing day by day. Please tell me what is the issue. I also consult with Dr. They can't specify me what is the issue. Please help.
Me jab bhi apne husband ke sath sex krti hu uske bad jab mere ander unka nikal jata h to or jab wo apna ling bahar nikal lete h to mere ander Jo white chod dete h vo bhi apne aap bahar aa jata h aise mujhe lgta h ki me pregnant kese ho paungi.
What is menopause?
Menopause is that phase in the life of a woman when she can no longer reproduce. It involves the loss of fertility and the cessation of the menstrual cycle. The woman will stop bleeding every month and the ovaries stop producing eggs that can be fertilized. Menopause normally sets on after the age of 40 and bleeding may permanently stop by the age of 50.
Post menopausal bleeding
You are known to reach menopause when you have not been bleeding for 1 entire year. Even a small amount of spotting should not have taken place. Post-menopausal bleeding is when bleeding occurs after a year of attaining menopause. It can be a serious health disorder and requires medical attention without any further delay.
Reasons behind post menopausal bleeding
- Polyps that are mostly non-cancerous, unwanted growths on the cervical canal, uterus or ovaries are known to cause post-menopausal bleeding.
- Thinning of the endometrium that lines the uterus can cause unexpected bleeding. It can be due to the rapidly receding levels of estrogen in the blood. It is also known as endometrial atrophy.
- Endometrial hyperplasia is a condition that leads to the thickening of the inner lining of uterus (endometrium). It also leads to the growth of abnormal and malignant cells.
- Endometrial cancer
- Other health conditions such as reaction to hormone therapy, infections of the blood or reproductive organs, certain medications and blood-thinning drugs
- Cancer of the ovaries, uterus or cervix
How it can be treated?
- For diagnosis, you can undergo blood tests, ultrasounds, sonography and biopsy.
- Hysterectomy is done to remove the uterus and cervix can be conducted for a complete cure. It also removes the ovaries, fallopian tubes and other lymph nodes.
- Chemotherapy and other radiation therapies may be done for those who are in an advanced stage of endometrial cancer.
- Medications such hormone regulators must be taken to prevent complications.
Undoubtedly eating fruits contribute to good health and provides a range of other benefits for your body. Nevertheless, you must follow some simple guidelines so that you eat fruits the right way. Eating fruits as and when you like doesn't do much good. Therefore, it is essential to know when and how to consume fruits in order to fully benefit from it.
Right time to eat fruits:
- Eating fruits first thing in the morning is preferable as you gain all the nutrients your body requires, which keeps you nourished and energized. Eating fruits on an empty stomach promotes good health and helps you shed the extra kilos. Additionally, it also prevents digestive problems and keeps you in good shape as your body fully absorbs all the vitamins, good carbohydrates and fiber present in the fruits.
- Eating fruits between breakfast and lunch is also an option that can help you maintain a proper diet. If you choose to have your fruit helping after breakfast, it is essential to adjust the proportion and time of both the meals accordingly. A fruit helping after breakfast should keep you full for at least two hours, thereby ensuring proper digestion. Make sure you balance your meals accordingly and do not end up overeating.
Why fruits should be avoided after meals:
- Even though fruits have high nutrition value, it also contains calories. If you consume a bowl of fruits just after your meal, chances are that your body may get more calories than it requires. No matter how healthy fruits are, eating them after meals can cause significant weight gain. Also, it is essential to keep in mind to not make your diet fruit heavy as then your body is deprived of nutrition present in meats, vegetables, dairy products and whole grains.
- It is of utmost importance that you avoid eating fruits just before going to bed. Fruits contain a lot of sugar which can, in turn, increase your energy levels thereby, keeping you awake when you need to sleep instead.
Homeopathy treats the person as a whole. It means that homeopathic treatment focuses on the patient as a person, as well as his pathological condition. The homeopathic medicines are selected after a full individualizing examination and case-analysis, which includes the medical history of the patient, physical and mental constitution etc. A miasmatic tendency (predisposition/susceptibility) is also often taken into account for the treatment of chronic conditions.
My wife 41 years old. In december her surgery of utreous and ovaries, tubes has removed after that there is too much hot flashes. Approximately 20 times a day. There is any treatment for this. Harmon replacement thearphy increase the weight. How we control weight. And hot flashes.
Hello. I have been married for a year now. I have not conceived yet. My last menstruation periods came on 27th of October and I had sex with my husband on the 8th of this month. Is there any chances of conceiving?
If I do sex without condom with my partner and ejaculate inside then what would be the probability of getting her pregnant, if both of us are fully functional. Is there any time period during the menstrual cycle, during which we can do sex without any protection and still avoid pregnancy without any pills?
In today’s busy world where life is catching us by the neck, vacation is a word that is slowly getting out of our lexicon. While for many, travelling is a passion, for few others, travelling means a bag full of woes spending money, getting exhausted or may be falling sick. But it is very important for you to take short breaks from your busy schedules and go on a vacation, where you will travel, not for work, but for your own tranquility. The reason why travelling for yourself is important is that, travel can surprisingly help you to stay healthier and happier.
Below mentioned are five surprising ways travel can help you to stay much healthier:
- It is an effective way of reducing stress. Physical and emotional stress can deteriorate your health. Travelling can help you to drift away from your worries for some time and can thus, reduce your stress.
- Travelling can also help you to rework on your sleep schedules. It can allow you to get adequate sleep that your body and mind require. Sleeping well does improve your health conditions.
- Researches show that travelling can lower your chances of developing heart diseases or heart attacks. Thus, it can help you maintain a strong and healthy heart and you stay away from a host of cardiovascular disorders.
- Travelling involves a lot of body activity as well as joint and muscle movements. Thus, it can help you to get rid of your sedentary lifestyle (like sitting in front of computers and working for long hours at a stretch) and improve your flexibility.
- The different people and the different cultures you get to come across while you travel can really lift your spirits up and ebb all negative energies away. Thus, not only can travelling help you to maintain a healthy body, but it can also help you to maintain good mental health too.
Remember, taking some time out from the humdrum of your city and spending time out there in the world outside might just help you cope with a problem which has been giving you a niggle for quite sometime now.