Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Toxicologists in India. You will find Toxicologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Toxicologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. ChandanYour feedback matters!
small step in preventing diabetes.
Dates are rich in iron, vitamins and minerals. They have numerous benefits and are highly recommended to be included in your daily diet. Interestingly, dates are widely used as alternative medicine in rural india. Here is a look at top ten health benefits of dates:
1. No cholesterol - free from cholesterol and low fat, dates are also rich in minerals and vitamins.
2. Vitamin stuffed - a rich source of vitamins b1, b2, b3 b5, a1 & c, they are also rich in dietary fiber and protein.
3. Rich in fiber - dates contain soluble and insoluble fibers along with various kinds of amino acids which helps them improve one's digestive system.
4. Helps weight gain - dates are known to be advised to people who want to gain weight. They contain proteins, sugar and various essential vitamins.
5. Cures constipation - one of the best cures for constipation is to have a few dates soaked overnight and eaten along with water.
6. Treats anemia - high in iron, dates are suggested to people who are being treated for anemia.
7. Energy booster - dates are good substitutes for sugar. They boost energy as they contain natural sugars yet are low in calories making them perfect snack option for health conscious people.
8. Good for heart - if soaked overnight, crushed in the morning and then eaten, dates are known to have positive effects on weak hearts. Being rich in potassium is also another reason they are good for the heart.
9. For sexual stamina - dates are known to be good for sexual stamina. To cure sexual weakness, soak a handful of dates in fresh goat's milk and the next morning, grind the dates in the milk. Add honey and cardamom powder, and drink it. This is known to reduce sterility.
10. For eye care - apart from fighting various conditions of the ear, nose and throat, dates are also good for eyes, especially in cases of night blindness. Here the date leaves also come into picture where they are ground into a fine paste and rubbed around and on the eyes. Alternatively, eating dates is also known to reduce night blindness.
Good mng sir From last few months I m having sneezing problem. This problem is more promt when I wake up in the morning. Plzz help me out.
I am 22 year of age recently I infected by chicken pox, now there are too many black spotted show in my body. Please give a right medicine to clear black spot.
Hi my friend has hbsag +ve. And he is using medicine of entavir. 5 mg daily and he is ok for marry is it carry to his child's though he has take medicine. There are so many conversations and results in net saying its not curable and permanent but we can kept virus inactive state. We wanna know can it surely forwarded to his child's or not. His doctor prescribed to take 2 years continuously that entavir. 5 mg and mean while he is fear of can you suggest that.
I am looking very skinny. Unable to improve my body mass. I also getting affected by cold twice in a month. Help me in brief description.
We all crave for that glowing, healthy skin which is easy to maintain and are willing to shell our exorbitant amounts to achieve the same. However, we need not look far. There are some magical products right in our homes which can do the trick for us, without spending time or money. Besan (gram flour) is one such wonder.
Read on to know some of its most significant benefits.
- Anti-tanning effects: If you have just come back from a holiday and are wondering how to get rid of the tan from your face, then try this. Mix a couple of spoons of besan with some lime, yogurt and a pinch of turmeric. Leave it on your face for a while and wash it off to see your skin become radiant and glowing. In about a week’s time, your tan would be a thing of the past.
- Decrease oily feeling: For people with oily or greasy skin, a simple face pack made by mixing gram flour with raw milk or yogurt applied for 20 minutes will do wonders. It can even be mixed with rose water and honey and used as a face pack. The residues and the dirt that oily skin tends to accumulate would be gone.
- Anti-acne agent: While acne continues to remain one of the dreadful skin issues, the besan comes to the rescue here too. Mixed with sandalwood powder, milk and turmeric powder, besan can be used to fight pimples. Apply it on the skin and dry it off once it dries.
- Anti-sagging effect: Whip up an egg white and add gram flour to it and apply it on the face for about 30 minutes. The skin will be firmer and will have a youthful glow.
- For instant fairness: When you have a function coming up or have to go out and do not have time for a visit to the parlour, head to the kitchen. Take the besan flour and add orange peel powder if available or just add milk cream. Use circular motions to help it soak into the skin. When you wash it after about 20 to 30 minutes, the skin will be soft, supple, and flowing.
- Controls unwanted hair: With regular use, besan mixed with fenugreek seeds (methi) or sandalwood powder, lime, and milk cream helps control unwanted hair growth.
For those who remember, besan is the only cleaning agent used, which leaves them with soft, supple skin which is free of oiliness and unwanted hair. So, what are you waiting for? The best art is that this can be used regularly without having to step out of the house while continuing to do the regular household chores. If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
The obesity epidemic was unfairly blamed on the consumption of carbs. While processed junk foods, which are high in refined grains and sugar are extremely fattening and unhealthy, fiber rich foods that also contain carbs are very healthy and essential for your diet. If you consume high fiber carbs moderately, it helps you maintain a healthy weight because if you get anything lower than approximately 50% of calories from carbohydrates, you are unhealthy. Carbohydrates, which are rich in fiber can be easily digested by your body.
Mentioned below are 10 food items which are extremely rich in carbs and should be consumed during breakfast for optimum health.
- Apples: Despite the different colors, flavors and sizes, apples consist of 13 to 15% carbs, as well as many vitamins and minerals. It is also rich in healthy plant compounds, antioxidants and vitamin C. Apples are helpful in decreasing the risk of a few types of cancers, reducing heart diseases and improving blood sugar control.
- Sweet Potatoes: Sweet potatoes are extremely nourishing. It has the sufficient amount of carbohydrates present to maintain your health, as well as fiber, potassium, vitamin B5, vitamin A, manganese and vitamin C. It is also very low in cholesterol, saturated fats and sodium. Consume this antioxidant food item everyday for breakfast to sustain your health.
- Bananas: Bananas contain about 23% carbs. The unripe ones are high in starch, which turns into sugar as it ripens. Apart from carbs, bananas also contain a high amount of Vitamin B 6, potassium and vitamin C along with healthy plant compounds. They are also rich in pectin and resistant starch.
- Quinoa: Classified as pseudo cereal, it is an incredibly popular seed that is eaten like a grain. Apart from being a high carb food, it is not only extremely rich in fibers and proteins, but also plant compounds and minerals. One of its many health benefits is improved blood sugar control. Incorporate it in your diet to help you lose weight.
- Oats: Deemed as one of the healthiest whole grain foods, oats is an excellent source of minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. It contains 66% carbohydrates and above 10% of it is fiber. Not only does it lower cholesterol levels and blood sugar levels, but is also extremely helpful in losing weight.
My wife is having cold flu from 2011 and she is very upset with that but please tell me what can I do now. Add she is 30 years old and weight 49kgs n height 5feet. I want immediate consultancy.
Low VitD =7 and B12 and folate levels are also quiet low Fatty liver and high homocystine High CRP levels Please tell what diet to follow
आज कल कूकरी शोज़ की और रेसिपीज़ की भरमार है . पर हम खाना पकाने में आयुर्वेदिक सिद्धांतों की पूरी तरह से अवहेलना कर देते हैं , जिसकी वजह से आज स्वास्थ्य सम्बन्धी कई समस्याएँ आ रही है .अगर कोई ऐसी बिमारी है जो वर्षों से ठीक नहीं हो रही तो खाने में ये आजमा कर देखे .
- सूप बनाते समय उसमे दूध नहीं डाले .
- दही खट्टा हो तो उसमे दूध नहीं डाले .
- ओट्स पकाते समय उसमे दूध दही साथ साथ न डाले .
- चाय कॉफ़ी में शहद ना डाले .
- पूरी , भटूरे , मिठाइयां डालडा घी में ना बना कर शुद्ध घी में बनाए .
- नमकीन चावलों में , सब्जी की करी में दूध न डाले .
- खट्टे फलों के साथ , फ्रूट सलाद में क्रीम या दूध न डाले .
- दही बड़ा विरुद्ध आहार है .
- 4 बजे के बाद केले , दही , शरबत , आइसक्रीम आदि का सेवन ना करे .
- आटा लगाने के लिए दूध का इस्तेमाल ना करे .
- गर्मियों में हरी मिर्च और सर्दियों में लाल मिर्च ला सेवन करे .
- सुबह ठंडी तासीर की और शाम के बाद गर्म तासीर के खाने का सेवन करे .
- पकौड़ों के साथ चाय या मिल्क शेक नहीं गरम कढ़ी ले .
- फलों को सुबह नाश्ते के पहले खाए . किसी अन्य खाने के साथ मिलाकर ना ले .कच्चा सलाद भी खाने के पहले खा ले .
- दही वाले रायते को हिंग जीरे का तडका अवश्य लगाएं .
- दाल में एक चम्मच घी अवश्य डाले .
- खाली पेट पान का सेवन ना करे .
- खाने के साथ पानी नहीं ज़्यादा पानी डाला छाछ या ज्यूस या सूप पियें .
- अत्याधिक नमक और खट्टे पदार्थ सेहत के लिए ठीक नहीं .
- बघार लगाने में खूब हिंग , जीरा , सौंफ , मेथीदाना , धनिया पावडर , अजवाइन आदि का प्रयोग करें