Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Toxicologists in India. You will find Toxicologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Toxicologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I am 18 years old and I was suffering from chickenpox in the last week of March 2016 and still I have marks of chickenpox on my skin and sometimes itching, too, so please advice me how to get rid of all these marks?
Want to give high proteins food to my Son. Please advise foods that I can purchase. Currently I am giving him Nan Pro2, nestle cereals stage wise and other home made foods like Musur Dal, rice, vegetables etc. My son birth weight was 3.25 kg, but now he is only 7.5 kg after 11 months. Please advise.
I am 18 yearcold male and I am suffering from cold since 2 days. I can not sleep because of my nise is getting blocked while I am sleeping. Please help me to get rid of this.
Diet Dangers To Avoid In The Summer
It is a popular belief that summers are better for exercise routines and therefore more walking and running can happen. Not just that, the basic metabolic rate is believed to go higher as foods are burned faster and more effectively. However, there is a need to watch what you eat and how much do you exercise cautiously, whatever the season.
With summer comes the time for holidays, which means more eating out a lot more, barbecue nights, and more travelling. It is very important to watch not just calories, but also the healthy quotient of the foods.
Cooling foods: Well, ice-creams and smoothies may provide a cooling effect, they are not totally cool. The soaring temperatures increase the urge to indulge in smoothies and ice-creams. While it is okay to indulge in them maybe once in a week, ordering an ice-cream or a smoothie on a daily basis is to be avoided. Opt for low-calorie, no-fat smoothies, or frozen desserts. Tender coconuts and plain fruit juices are another option. Tender coconut is the best option as it is naturally protected and packed with nutrition.
Barbecue nights: while summer allows you to enjoy a barbecue party in your garden or the terrace, watch what actually gets barbecued and eaten. Grilling is considered one of the healthiest cooking methods, but the side dishes do the most harm. The cheesy dressings and salads take away the benefits of eating the grilled foods. While calories are one thing to watch for, hygiene is another thing. With summer setting in, the number of food-borne diseases also increases.
Picnic foods: summer holidays bring in time for picnics and outings. Whether you have a beach in your neighbourhood or a hilltop just a couple of hours drive away, it is common to see families heading out for picnics with packed food stuff. The food per se may not be as harmful as the chips, fries and other accompaniments that go with it. Add to it the urge to include ice-creams while on the go, they could push your calories straight upwards. And whether you are headed to the beach or the hilltop, the combination of the cool weather and the hot summer puts you at a higher risk for food poisoning. Make sure you eat fully cooked food and not pick from any joint on the way.
Beer: there can be nothing more inviting than a mug of chilled beer for the adults during summer. However, do not forget to pay attention to the calories that get added through it. Be mindful of this fact. We are not saying you should quit, but you definitely need to watch the amount of calories that you are gulping down from the mug.
Food craving is absolutely normal during pregnancy. Junk food craving is a cause of concern, be it a pizza or a doughnut or any other junk food you can think of.
From the very onset of your pregnancy to delivery, you and your baby are undergoing constant changes. Major ones are:
- Food cravings
- Your weight
- Blood pressure fluctuation
- Blood sugar levels
- Mood swings
The following are the Do's and Dont's to ensure that your food cravings are healthy and benefit you and young one!
- Absence of Whole Grain: Fibre is a nutrient essential for energy and also helps in smooth bowel movements. The doughnut or pizza base does not have whole fibre even if they claim to, so there are more chances of you having bouts of constipation.
- Salt from Mayonnaise and Sauces: Without an extra blob of mayonnaise that Sub sandwich will not taste as good and moreover it has high amount of salt, which is just not friendly to a fluctuating blood pressure, it may also cause swollen feet due to water retention in your body.
- Limited Nutrient Quotient: Junk food has very limited meat or vegetables. The major portion of any junk food is the fattening, less nutrient cheese. This will surely affect the nutrient intake of the expecting mother and her baby.
- Sugars and Fats: Many expecting mothers have a craving for nibbling chocolates at unearthly hours. Foods high in sugar are known to cause mood swings and irritations. This could shoot up your blood pressure or even include gestational diabetes as a chain reaction.
- Expecting Mother to the Baby: By eating all the fast food which is fully loaded with sugar, salt and fat; rest assured it goes directly to the baby. Babies born obese and with other health disorders, tend to develop associated health disorders in their growing years or later on in life.
Tips to Stop Junk Food Cravings?
'You are what you eat' and so is your unborn baby. To make sure both of you get the rightly balanced, healthy, good nutrition, it is very important that you completely avoid fast food during pregnancy. Some tips to tackle junk food cravings:
- Clean your Kitchen Stock: Get rid of all junk food in the house and stock it up with healthy snacks – preferably organic. You can opt for baked options, rather than fried. Buying an oven is an excellent idea, so that you can make and eat tasty, healthy and nutritious snacks at home without preservatives and additives.
- Snack on Fruits and Nuts: These are so much better than artificially prepared munch bites you get from the local supermarkets. Have fruits and always keep dry fruits handy to fulfil the craving in you. Always eat fruits as soon as you cut them, as they lose their nutrients soon after they are cut.
- Photograph Therapy: Put up a nice, huge photograph of a curvy you, prior to pregnancy. The more you eat now, the harder you will have to struggle to get back into shape after delivery hence; this will surely make you strong enough to escape the lure of junk food.
It is important for you to always keep a watch on your pregnancy diet what you eat and want to eat. If you can't, do take the help of a family member or a friend to keep you away from junk food.
How to improve health without taking any outside supplement, and also provide information for eye safety in daily basis. What kind of precautions should I take.
What are the symptoms for chicken pox? Will I suffer from chicken pox if already suffered from it earlier?
Ginger lemon honey tea is the best homemade recipe to burn belly fat.
To make it you will need:
-4 cups of water
-1 peeled and sliced ginger
-1 tablespoon of honey
Start by boiling the 4 cups of water with the ginger for 10 minutes. After it is done, remove it from the heat and add the lemon juice. Mix them and add 1 tablespoon of honey. And you have your ginger lemon honey tea. Drinking one cup of this tea in the morning is enough but if you want to have faster and better results have 2-3 cups a day.
Ginger has the thermogenic capacity so it will raise your body temperature and as a result of that, it will stimulate the fat burning process in your body. Also, ginger is very good for cortisol production. Cortisol is a steroid hormone which is very important to the maintenance of homeostasis. And because it is regulating many of the changes that occur in the body in response to stress people are calling it 'the stress hormone'