Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Toxicologists in India. You will find Toxicologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Toxicologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. ChandanYour feedback matters!
Sirr. When I get up in the morning. I usually have cold. And it lasts till 2-3 hours. In this period I used to sneeze very frequently. Even if I cover my ears in night then also this thing happen. Any suggestions?
Wheat grass me kitna protein hota hai. Jyada wheat grass juice liya to uske side effects hote hai kya. (please hindi me bataye )
I know I overeat at meals, but I can't help it. If I limit my portions, I'm hungry an hour later. How can I avoid overeating and have better control of my appetite? (I'm 5'6" and weigh more than 220 pounds.)
I have started strength training exercises at home. I bought rods and weights to exercise and get muscular nit bulky but to look good and fit. I don't want a ripped body instead I want to look good and fit and gain some muscles. But I am not taking diet for exercise. I want to ask is it ok to exercise without taking diet at home? I am pure vegetarian and takes only carbohydrates in my daily diet in the morning I'd take milk and 2 Bananas. I have heard that soya beans are good in protein so can I have that daily. How much should & how many times in a day and how much per serving? Will Soya bean help me to gain muscle mass and muscles as I want? Do Chana also contains protein which helps to gain muscle mass? Should I eat them wetted for a night and then I consume next day? Which is best curd or buttermilk in protein content? do ghee or fat really helpful for our body we consume daily with the chapatis? I am concerned about cholesterol level in future my 30s and fat deposit? Why do we eat ghee with chapatis? any need. What would happen if I avoid?
I have cold problem for the past three months. How effective are natural remedies like zinc, echinacea, and vitamin vitamin c? And how long it will take to resolve?
I have suffering from cold for last two months. My treatment was not able to cure my problem fully. Please give advice to dispelling cold. Simplifies form of medical treatment. Thanks for your support.
- Best way to keep yourself hydrated in summer
- Aids in digestion
- Fights acidity
- Helps to manage weight
- High on electrolytes
100 g curd/yogurt
½ tsp roasted cumin powder/bhuna jeera powder or add as required
3/4 cup water
5 to 6 small ice cubes
black salt/kala namak as required
pinch of Hing
a few coriander leaves or mint leaves for garnish
take all the ingredients in a blender jar, except the coriander leaves.
just pulse the blender for some seconds till everything is blended well and the mixture becomes frothy.
pour chaas in glasses.
garnish with coriander leaves and serve chaas immediately.
you can also chill the butter milk in the refrigerator and serve later. but use it in the same day.
An oily skin has a host of disadvantages. Apart from making a person look greasy and slimy, it also has major influences on the health of your skin. If you were not aware and thought of oily skin as an awkward condition only you should take a deeper look into its causal effects. Excess oil secretion can make you prone to sun tanning. It can lead to the formation of acne and can also result in upsetting dark patches.
Kinds of food to eat to rule out the ills of an oily skin:
- Include green leafy vegetables in your diet: Antioxidants can successfully fight off oily skin. Green leafy vegetables are rich in Vitamin C; they are known to reduce the effects of oxidants your skin regularly comes in contact with. Eat spinach and kale as much as you can. A green leafy vegetable should be part of your daily meal.
- Salmon can act as a savior: Everybody knows how oily salmon is. However, it is very valuable in treating an oily skin. Salmon is known to have a high percentage of Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 acids keep sebum producing molecules on a leash. Thus, excess oil secretion can be controlled by consuming more of this nutritious fish.
- Nuts can combat an oily skin: Having nuts with honey or yogurt or having them directly can treat the ills of greasiness. Nuts are a great source of Vitamin E that is further known to repair an irregular skin. Increased oil secretion is likely to result in acne; acne appears due to breakage of cell membranes. Vitamin E adds strength to your cell walls thus taking care of ugly scars.
- Cucumbers can help your case: Consuming cucumbers raw can be of enormous use. They hydrate the skin by ridding you of excess oil. Antioxidants in cucumbers have the effects of an astringent. They however do not interfere with the functions of essential oils. Have a cucumber on a daily basis to find the way to a glowing skin.
- Enjoy the benefits of grapefruit: The reason behind an oily skin could be the crushing presence of toxins. Grapefruit, rich in Vitamin C, deals with these toxins. Grapefruit contains fiber that is also good for controlling oil secretion.
Related Tip: "6 Must Know Beauty Tips for Oily Skin!"
As the mercury levels soar higher, it is time to get creative to keep yourself cool this summer. To keep yourself hydrated and active, you can include fresh seasonal fruits in your daily diet.
Here are some nutritious and refreshing fruits that help you in fighting the effects of the hot summer and health problems that accompany them:
1. Melons - Watermelon has high water content that helps you to stay hydrated and refreshed during summer. Melons contain lycopene that helps in protecting the skin against sun damage. Muskmelon is another healthy summer fruit that helps to improve the body's immunity as it is rich in potassium, zinc, vitamin A and vitamin C.
2. Oranges - A juicy orange is a perfect thirst quencher in the summer season. Orange is rich in all varieties of vitamins except vitamin K. Oranges contain a large amount of vitamin C, folate, and thiamin that provide natural protection against the harmful UV rays, help in increasing the production of red blood cells in your body and also reduce stress level. They also help in curing muscle pains and cramps. Beta-carotene, lutein, and cryptoxanthin are present in oranges that help to keep away infections and cancer and also protect the eye from macular degeneration.
3. Mango - Rightly called the king of fruits, mango is loaded with high amounts of selenium, iron, and fiber. It is also an outstanding source of vitamins C, vitamin A and minerals like phosphorus, calcium, and potassium. The cholesterol levels in the body are lowered by high levels of vitamin C, fiber, and pectin. The potassium content of the fruit helps in controlling high blood pressure and heart rate. The fruit also has properties that help in boosting your immunity.
4. Papaya - Papaya is rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, folate, and phytochemicals. These have anti-cancerous, anti-bacterial and anti-stress properties. Papain is an enzyme found in this fruit, which helps in curing ingestion and other diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. The antioxidants present in papaya help in slowing down the ageing process in women, provide a fresh glow to the skin and help in weight loss.
5. Grapes - Grapes help in losing weight by reducing the capacity of the cells to store more fat. Grapes also help in protecting the body against the damaging effects of radiation, cleansing your blood, preventing degenerative nerve disease and boosting cardiovascular health.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Fresh Fruits Vs. Dry Fruits