Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Toxicologists in India. You will find Toxicologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Toxicologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Sir, my question is when we ate meal then what time we will don't drink the water. Without meal how many time will required?
I'm in 21.I have nail biting habit. Suggest me some tips to quit it. And does nail biting gives cancer?
I am 37 years old male and having continuously sneezing problem and watery discharge and cold problem especially in morning and night. I takes Telekast-L medicine almost regularly to control my sneezing problem. If I take regularly the Telekast L Tab (Elopathy medicine) then it controls otherwise once again the same problem starts. Please advice me?
My wife is suffering from cough and cold from many days and have taken many medicines no use, just started taking ZEET expectorant and dolo650. please suggest good medicine for her.
I almost sneeze when I woke up in the morning. It creates a problem. My eyes get red n watery. Wat is the problem n how I can cure it?
Oats though seemingly dull, accompanied by a bowlful of milk can form a very nutritious meal. It is packed with fiber which is very essential to regulate your digestive system. Oats are low in calories and help you maintain your waistline. Here are a few reasons why you should add oats to your regular diet-
1. Oats fill you up - Oats are packed with fiber which keeps you full for a while. A bowlful of cooked oats contains only about 150 calories and yet it manages to stave off your hunger because of its high fiber content. The absorption and digestion process slows down when you eat oats thereby restricting your appetite and calorie intake. Oats keep you full for a longer time than other calorie-rich meal and delays the hunger pangs.
2. Oats help reduce cholesterol - According to studies, people suffering from high blood cholesterol could reduce their cholesterol levels by consuming 3 grams of soluble fiber every day. Oats contain the highest amount of soluble fiber among all whole grains (4 grams per cup). The gel-like soluble fiber transits the intestinal tract and aids in trapping substances which contribute to the rise in blood cholesterol level.
3. Oats are diabetes-friendly - Oatmeal is a perfect substitute for meals high in sugar and saturated fat. It helps to control the level of glucose in your bloodstream and also delivers your daily need of fiber. People suffering from uncontrolled diabetes can abundantly benefit from consuming oats although it is essential to keep in mind that you should not add sugary toppings or any other synthetic ingredients to your oats so that it retains all the nutrients which are already present in it.
There are many ways in which you can make your oats interesting. You can go beyond your breakfast cereal and bake cookies made of oats. You can also sprinkle them on your pancakes and bread or add them to your smoothie to increase your fiber intake. You can also add fruits like bananas or berries to your bowl of oats and make it tastier according to your liking.
Hi Dr. I want to eat carrot and beetroot daily as salad. Either boiled or raw which is best? And how much grams of carrot and beetroot should be taken?
What is the benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar and how to take it? Is this beneficial for Cholesterol, Fat loss, immunity growth.
I am suffering any time cold and night time my nasal is close. Some times fell fever. Can you suggest what should be done?
I am having cough and cold for three days, I have taken a hell lot of medicines but I cannot see any positive effects, it is only worsening day by day, I have taken a lot of different syrups which claim that they can cure cough and cold like magic, but it's over three days and still I cannot recover from it. Please help me what should I do to get cured as soon as possible?
What I can add in salad in lunch or dinner which are rich in fibre and easily available in market pls help me out. .
Don't workout with empty stomach. Exercise without eating will cause your body to burn muscles and hold onto fat. Since exercising requires energy, if you start workout with a grumbling stomach, you may not achieve your best calorie burn.
So before workout you can have:
1. Apple wedges
2. Oats with fresh fruit and milk
3. Fruit smoothie
5. Whole wheat toast with peanut butter and cinnamon.
During workout hydrate your body only with water.
After workout you may have:
1. Protein shake with banana
2. Yogurt and fresh berries
3. Grilled chicken and vegetables
4. Veggie omelette.
5. Chocolate milk
Take care. Stay healthy.
Have a great weekend!