Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Chandan Gupta
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Chandan GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am 32 old unmarried. I think I am in depression My father left us since 7 yrs. I hadn't talk or see in this period of time. I am a porn addict guy & masturbate daily. I am also sometimes consume alcohol. But not wanting to do such bad habits. I can't sleep because of loneliness I woke up at 4 am or 2 am daily since 18 months, always live in room with close door doesn't go outside. I am fond of games & I played them oftentimes I have not willing to eat food also even I miss my lunch or dinner sometime without any reason. My weight is only 45 kg. Now I am wanting to get married but afraid that I am a mental disorder person. I have no friends, relatives who guide me for anything. I was working on a company since 5 years but my ex Company's employees harassing me day by day they literally exploiting me So I quit my job last month and now I am jobless. I can't concentrate on anything whenever I willing to do good things my negativity stop me. I doesn't want to do any bad things. Sometimes I think of suicide but due to my Mom & young sister I responsibilities & I am not a coward. I doesn't go to any doctor often help the people when they needed me but no-one help me when I need. I am not think I am in depression. Is I? I am wanting to get rid of my problems. I believe one day I smile with my natural happiness.
I'm 24 year boy & I'm very depressed. Currently I am preparing for Civil services but unable to concentrate for long. Feeling very depressed. I used to be very positive person in my life but now my mind see negative things, what if I won't be able to qualify, Although I am an nitin, but engineering doesn't interest me. I am very depressed. So my question is- What a depressed person should do to overcome depression? I don't have option of going home and meeting people.
Steps to Keeping Your Cool and Saving Your Relationships - Tips by Relationship Counselor Shivani Misri Sadhoo
Relationship counsellor Shivani Sadhoo suggests that when we are under anger attack from our loved ones, the first instinct that works for us is – either to fight back immediately or getting shocked or surprised how to react – these two reactions generally make the situation worse.
The right thing one should practice is MINDFULNESS. That is building the ability to judge and understand the crisis situation first and then react accordingly. Here are some simple steps to improve your interpersonal skills and to save your valuable relationships in the time of a fight.
Identify your impulse that precedes your anger response.
When you get angry the moment prior reacting to our anger our body shows some impulse, i.e. sensation that rises up through our body prior launching anger reaction—these impulses are like - rapid heartbeat, feeling heat in your ears , raising your voice, clenching your jaw (different people have different kind of impulses). When you can pick up on these warning signs, you can give yourself time to make a deliberate choice. At that moment, you are practicing anger management.
Control the impulse.
The goal is to keep your body and mind in control if you're quick to fight, give yourself a time-out: shift your focus on your body instead. Concentrate on feeling the heat beneath you, then take long deep breaths from your diaphragm; try inhaling through your nose on a count of two, holding till six and exhaling through your mouth on seven.
Accept extreme anger is wrong
Many of us believe the expression of anger is a sign of strength or an instrument of self-defence. It is true to some extent BUT when anger gets out of control and turns destructive, it can lead to all kind of problems —problems at work, in our personal relationships, worsens our BP & heart condition and in the overall quality of your life. It can make you feel as though you are at the mercy of an unpredictable and powerful emotion. Remember that unless we accept extreme anger is BAD no matter what we practice or think, we cannot improve ourselves and lead a healthy and happy life.
I take zapiz 1 mg ever day before bed. I want to quit zapiz and get natural sleep. Will there be any withdrawal effect. If I stop zapiz.
Sir, I have a problem that I'm getting angry on simple things, anybody saying anything means it's irritate me. It's disturbing my regular life. It's making misunderstanding to my close people. please help me.
How to detoxify lungs? When it gets effected by smoking. Please give some suggestion to detoxify my lung.
Stress is a very common factor for all working moms. Work, home and taking care of the child all together causes great amount of stress in working mothers. Exercising makes the body release endorphins, which are stress fighting hormones and help in relieving stress. There are various types of exercises which a working woman can do.
- High energy activities: High energy aerobic exercises lead to an increased heart rate, which results in production of more endorphins that make the body fight stress naturally. They include running, skipping, dancing, etc. These also improve physical and mental health.
- Yoga: Yoga is excellent for stress relief. It involves movement and stationary poses or postures, along with breathing exercises. Yoga enhances the body's natural response to relaxation, making your life healthier.
- Tai Chi: Tai chi involves a series of flowing movements of the body along with breathing. Having its roots in martial arts, Tai Chi provides efficient stress relief.
- Pilates: This exercise involves a series of movements and exercises performed on a mat. Pilates enhance strength, flexibility, endurance and immunity of the body.
- Martial arts: Martial arts is an effective way of unleashing energy and venting out frustration, which result in reducing stress. There are different forms of martial arts to choose from, which include Judo, karate, Taekwondo and several others.
- Kick boxing: Kick boxing reduces stress to a great extent and involves punching and kicking, which is performed with discipline. Kickboxing incorporates a rigorous workout schedule and is a great way to vent out frustration and energy, releasing stress.
- Team sports: Team sports are an ideal way to relieve stress, work out and have fun, altogether. Playing tennis, cricket or football offers a double amount of stress relief. Playing with your family will encourage bonding, fun and help in relieving stress together.
- On the go exercises: Several exercises such as running or jogging and cycling allow you to have a break, breathe some fresh country air and get your mind freshened up. Along with the release of energy, travelling across beautiful places helps in stress relief.
- Meditation: Meditation is an amazing mind exercise for stress relief. It requires great concentration and must be performed in a quiet atmosphere. Peace of mind is obtained.
- Gym activities: A gym has a lot of exercising instruments and devices. They involve power and strength and energy is unleashed. This is an ideal vent for anger and frustration, which results in great stress relief.
Working moms face a lot of stress, which arise from various aspects of life, including work, home and children. Stress busting exercises should be practised to maintain a perfect mental health.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!