Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Chandan DubeyYour feedback matters!
Hi I m not concieving trying for 2 yrs having normal and regular periods for 3-4 days also gone through pelvic xamination showing everything normal ovaries and uterine wall but having a problem of facial hairs under my chin. What can b the problem with me.
Sir, My wife is 8th month pregnant. She is suffering from coughgetting more cough evening and night time. Consult the doctor says use one capsule of rotacaps whenever you get cough and takes medicine on evening time before going to bed. After taken the rotacap feels better. Will this affect my baby? What am I supposed to do?
There are a number of contraceptives available but which method of birth control suits you depends on your sexual life, preferences and your lifestyle as a whole. Professional medical help should be sought in order to understand what method of contraception sis ideal for you.
Here is a list of 4 types of contraceptives for birth control.
1. Barrier methods - Barrier methods are designed to prevent the sperm from entering the uterus. They constitute-
- Diaphragms: It is a shallow and flexible cup that is made of either latex or soft rubber. It is inserted into the vagina before the sexual intercourse where it prevents the sperm from entering the uterus.
- Cervical caps: It is a thin cup of silicone whose function is same as the diaphragm, only it is smaller in size, so less noticeable and more rigid as well.
- Contraceptive sponges: These are soft foam sponges that are filled with spermicide and are disposable. They are also inserted into the vagina before sexual intercourse in order to prevent pregnancy by killing the sperm cells or preventing them from entering the vagina.
- Spermicides: These are chemicals that can kill the sperm and hence assist in birth control.
Other methods include male condoms and female condoms.
2. Hormonal methods - Hormonal methods use hormones in order to either stop or regulate ovulation so as to prevent pregnancy. There are various methods through which hormones can be injected into the body. Some of them are-
- Contraceptive patch: It is a thin patch made of plastic that sticks to the skin and is responsible for releasing hormones into the bloodstream through the skin.
- Vaginal rings: A thin, flexible ring that is inserted into the vagina where it stays for 3 weeks and is removed after that, only to be re-inserted in the 5th week.
- Implantable rods: They are inserted under the skin of the upper arm of women where they release progestin.
Other methods include contraceptive pills and progestin-only pills.
3. Intrauterine methods of contraception - The intrauterine device is a small device, T-shaped that is inserted into the uterus in order to prevent pregnancy. The good thing about intrauterine devices is that they can remain functioning for many years at a stretch. IUDs are two types-
- Hormonal IUD(Intrauterine Device)
- Copper IUD
Sterilization is the most reliable contraceptive for birth control as it is permanent. It either prevents the release of sperm or the fertilization of the egg. Sterilization methods can either be surgical or non-surgical. Some of the sterilization techniques are-
- Tubal ligation: It is the surgical technique used in females.
- Vasectomy: It is the surgical technique of male contraception.
Other methods include sterilization implants.
My wife had a baby boy after a caesarean surgery. The cause was not opening the uterus and low amniotic fluid. Would again it will be Operation.PLease tell.
Hello, I am 32 years female , I gone through from molar pregnancy after this treated I have normal menstruation but from one an half month I have no periods . Hope its not a problem. Please suggest.
I had taken meprate tables before I know I am pregnant. But I didn't get period. After 15 days I went to gynaecologist and through home pregnancy test she confirmed I am pregnant. I also used homeopathy medicine for hormonal balance 5 days before the test. Last 2 weeks back in ultrasound scan it showed I am 4 to 5 weeks pregnant. Does these tablets affect my pregnancy? I am getting slight pain in vagina and abdomen sometimes and after we had sex. Is sex safe during this time? I have pcod problem since 7 years.
This is my ovulatory phase and had unprotected anal sex he ejaculated on my anus after which we immediately washed it is there chances of getting pregnant I haven't took any pill what to do for natural remedy at home this is my 2 day after intercourse.
My wife has missed period for about 5 days and she has tested positive with a pregnancy kit. What should she do next. Whether to consult with doctor or not or wait for some times.
Hi, I had sex on 6th July. Got period on 8th july. Lasted 5 days. On 2nd and 3rd day blood clots also come out. Blood clots is common in period or pregnancy?
Have a small teaspoon of "Gulkand" (a mixture of rose petals and sugar) after your meals or after being out in the hot sun for long. It works like a coolant for the body.
Don't forget to also have water at frequent intervals.