Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Chandan DubeyYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am suffering from very low amh 0.1 and TB in uterus (have started medicine recently). Already I am at 34 years of age. Can I be able to conceive anyway? Please advise.
I had undergone left salphingectomy on june 2015. So doctor advised to plan for a baby after six month. So what all r the precautions should we take while planing for a baby. Is there chance of next ectopic? Hw we can identify that?
Sleep is a natural part of the daily biological functions and we spend some time of the 24 hours sleeping.
Sleep cycles are different for different persons and while 5 to 6 hours of sleep may be enough for some people, others may need up to 8 hours of sleep to feel refreshed. How you sleep is as important as the duration. This is one area which is often neglected by people.
Why sleeping positions are important?
Sleeping positions are very important as you stay in a single position for hours at a time every day, and if these habits are bad, they can contribute to spinal problems. Thus, many of the spinal problems can also be alleviated by sleeping correctly.
Some of the bad sleeping positions that may adversely affect your spine are as follows.
- On your stomach - This position is in overall a bad position as it curls up the spine, especially where the neck meets the spine and can cause spinal deformities over a long period of time. Certain adjustments to this position can lessen the effects, but it is important to try to change habits and sleep in a better position.
- The fetal position - Although this is one of the more natural positions and most babies are crouched up in this form in the mother's womb; as a sleeping position, it has its disadvantages as well. The lower spine is especially put under a lot of stress when someone curls up in this position.
- On your side - Although this is safer compared to the other two, sleeping on your sides straight would cause blood circulation issues and also put a lot of stress on the relevant organs, depending on the side you were sleeping on.
In all of the cases, slight adjustments to these positions will lessen the stress on the spine and also help you sleep better.
Some of the adjustments that you can make are:
1. Sleep with a pillow between your knees to align your hips and cause less strain on the spine.
2. If you don't have sleep apnea, put a pillow under your knees to raise them while lying on you back.
3. If you sleep on your back, try to consciously change your position to sleep on the side.
4. Try and actively change your posture throughout the day to ensure good sleeping position at night.
I am suffering from amehorea since puberty and diagnosed with pcos since last 3 yrs. I get married this year want to get pregnant.
I'm on yaz, after taking my last inactive pill tonight, I did not get my period yet. I had unprotected sex two days ago and yesterday I drank an emergency contraceptive (norlovo). I'm freaking out. Will it be normal to skip a period because of the timing, do I continue tomorrow with my active pills? Do I need to worry about pregnancy?
Brush twice a day and floss daily even when your braces are on. The food particles get stuck into the braces very easily. It is very important to keep them clean.
I went for check up my prolactin is high and doctor has given me cabergoline for 3 months is there a change I can get pregnant using this tablets and having prolactin high please help me what can I do to get conceived and bring my prolactin level normal.
I did unprotected sex after two days of monthly circulation with my girlfriend and she took unwanted 72 after it, but a day after tomorrow she suffer from bleeding again. What should I do now?
Dear Sir/Madam, My wife was taking CHOICE contraceptive tablets for whole May 2016 month and then she stopped to use in Jun 2016. We have checked pregnancy test in first week July and it was positive now she completed 1.5 months of pregnancy. Now, the problem is, will those contraceptive pills affect on our baby? Please advise.
Hi, This is regarding my sister, who is pregnant of 9 weeks. She has thyroid from past 15 years. She has two kids and 2 miscarriages. Now, she has TSH 14, so taking 125 mcg dose daily. Along with that doctor has given ecosprin 5 mg with folic acid tablets. Now, she is facing many health problems. She is not getting sound sleep. During sleeping she is getting different thoughts and waking up. She is getting her neck heavy and paining .She feels like gas is blowing out from her neck to head feeling hot. Is it a gastric trouble? Please help her.
When is the right time to have sex on periods aur after that and when is the less chance of getting pregnant, also give precautions.
Fasting has some super beneficial effects on health. Of late it has become increasingly popular among the health-conscious community. Even dietician and health practitioners have started recommending fasting once a week for the overall good health and well-being. Here is an article that will run through some major health benefits of fasting:
- Fasting helps in weight loss: Many studies have proved that fasting is the safest way to burn calories. It is more effective compared to plain dieting. Fasting helps the body to effectively use the fat cells. Even athletes these days are recommended to fast for a day to keep up the shape of the body.
- Insulin sensitivity: As per a study published in the FlemmingDela Journal of Applied Physiology, fasting has a very affirmative effect on the insulin sensitivity of the body. Insulin becomes more alert and can effectively communicate the cells to exchange glucose from the blood.
- Ramp up metabolism: Fasting occasionally can rest the digestive system. It helps the metabolism to get energized that helps to burn the calories effectively. For people who has a problem with digestion, fasting once a week can pay rich dividends to improve metabolism. Fasting also aids bowel function.
- Fasting improves longevity: Absurd as it may sound, studies conducted by the University of Tokyo have shown that fasting has a direct co-relation with longevity. The study had shown that one of the reasons people age is due to a slower metabolism. Fasting helps a person to maintain an agile metabolism. Fasting once a week can increase the lifespan of a person.
- Fasting enhances hunger: Fasting can effectively manage the hormones of the body. The smooth flow of the hormone helps a person feel true hunger. This is especially true for the obese patients. They do not get the correct signal of hunger. Longer the duration of fasting better are the chances of the hormone sending the correct hunger signals to the neurons. Fasting half a day, twice a week can do a world of good to an individual.
- Improves eating pattern: People suffering from binge eating disorders, find it hard to establish the eating pattern due to work priorities. There is a major chunk of people who do not eat anything till the sunset because of work pressure. They tend to eat quite a lot from evening onwards. This is a dangerous eating pattern. It can result in indigestion, putting on weight etc. Fasting once in a week can greatly help this lot to get their appetite back in the day time.
Fasting can clear the acne: Fasting can greatly assist in clearing acne. This is possible since the body gets freed from the work of digestion and can focus on regenerating the energy to all part of the skin.
My bf said I'm have a broad vaginal opening. I was virgin, but is it possible to have a broad opening naturally. Also I started masturbating a year ago of my first sex tat to only clitoris masturbation never inserted anything.
I am 37 years old. For the last few months my periods are lasting for 2 days. This month it is about one and half day what should I do. I am a housewife having 8 years old daughter.
Does having sex increase weight in females? If yes hw do you burn it? Cause there breasts n hip groves bigger. Is this true? Hw do you control this?
Chlamydia is a very common STI caused by bacteria. Those patients who are suffering from chlamydia usually don't see the side effects in the early stages, which makes it that much more difficult to diagnose it. Chlamydia can bring about a lot of severe problems in the later stages. These include not being able to get pregnant later or causing dangers in pregnancies. This disease is often easily spread since it shows no noticeable symptoms and can be passed on the partner very easily. 75% of the infection in women and 50% of the infections in men cannot be noticed and are without any symptoms.
Symptoms: Since the side-effects are not always visible, when they do happen, they are normally recognizable within one to three weeks of contacting and include the following:
In women these are:
- Vaginal discharge with strong odour
- Abnormal bleeding during periods
- Excruciating periods
- Stomach pain with fever
- Pain while engaging in sexual activities
- Burning around the vagina
- Pain during urination
- Cloudy discharge from the tip of the penis
- Excruciating pain while urinating
- Burning around the opening of the penis
- Swelling and pain in the testicles
Treatment: Chlamydia is easily treatable. Since it is bacterial in nature, it's treated with anti-infection agents. Following are some of the most common treatments for chlamydia in men as well as women:
1. Azithromycin is an anti-infection generally recommended in large dosage, yet the dosage may be spread out more than 5 days.
2. Doxycycline is an anti-microbial that must be taken twice every day for around one week. Your specialist may recommend different anti-infection agents.
Regardless of which antibiotic you are given, you should follow the dosage guidelines properly to ensure the infection is cured completely. This can take up to two weeks, even with the single-dosage medications.
Try not to engage in sexual relations while your treatment is going on. Unfortunately, you can get chlamydia again in case you're uncovered, regardless of the fact that you've had it and it was treated.
Women with extreme chlamydia infection may require hospitalisation, intravenous anti-microbial and painkillers. Your doctor might use a few tests to diagnose chlamydia. He or she will probably take samples from your urethra and cervix and then send it for further analysis. There are also other tests that include urine samples for presence of bacteria. Sometimes, even blood tests are taken depending upon your symptoms or in case the doctor is not able to diagnose it with previous methods and tests.
After taking the medication, individuals should get a follow-up on the treatment after three months to make certain that the disease is cured. This is highly important in case you are not sure whether your partner has been treated or not.
Humara sex 30 June ko hua abhi tak period nai Aya test kia to positive h lekin humne ye plan nai kia iske liye kaun si dawa leni chahiye please suggest me aur kya albendazole tab khaya ja skta h is time me?
Lung diseases are some of the most common diseases suffered by human beings throughout the world. Smoking and infections are responsible for most lung diseases. The lungs perform one of the most important functions of the body. It is also one of the most active organs in the human body and hence lung problems can arise due to problems in any other part of the body.
Some of the most common and infectious lung diseases are discussed below...
- Asthma: Asthma is a common long term disease which is characterized by reversible airflow obstruction and bronchospasm. The symptoms of asthma include coughing, shortness of breath and tightness of chest. These symptoms may occur frequently during a day and depending on the person, it may become worse during night or during a certain exercise.
- Pneumonia: Pneumonia is another common lung problem which is suffered due to inflammation in the microscopic air sacs in the lungs known as alveoli. Symptoms of pneumonia include dry cough, chest pain, breathing problem and fever. Pneumonia is caused most commonly by viruses or bacteria. It is also caused by certain medications and conditions which are popularly known as autoimmune diseases. There are a number of vaccines available to prevent certain types of pneumonia. Other methods include hand washing and refraining from smoking.
- Tuberculosis: Tuberculosis is a very infectious disease which is caused by the bacteria Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Although tuberculosis generally affects the lungs, but it has been known to affect other parts of the body as well. Symptoms of tuberculosis include cough containing sputum with blood, night sweats, fever and weight loss. Air is an active medium for spreading tuberculosis. This happens when people who already have tuberculosis sneeze, cough or speak. Infection occurs more in those who have HIV/AIDS or those who smoke. Prevention of tuberculosis includes staying away and keeping those who are at high risk, early detection and treatment and vaccination.
- Mesothelioma: Mesothelioma is a type of cancer which affects the lungs. It affects the lining of the lungs and chest wall. Symptoms of mesothelioma include shortness of breath, swollen abdomen, cough, chest pain, weight loss and general lethargy. Mesothelioma is caused mainly due to exposure to asbestos. Those people who mine asbestos, produce products from asbestos, work with asbestos products are at high risk. Mesothelioma also results from genetical problems and due to infection caused by the simian virus 40.
- Pulmonary Embolism: This is a disease caused due to blockage of an artery in the lungs by a substance which has travelled from another part of the body by the bloodstream. Symptoms of this disease include chest pain, breath shortness and coughing up of blood. There may also be signs of blood clot in the legs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.