Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Chand Kiran
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Chand KiranYour feedback matters!
I'm 32 years female, we are planning for pregnancy and my periods are regular now. Gynaec suggested me pregcert sr tablet and told us it wnt affect if I'm conceived. Im scared, if I conceive, will this tablet affect and stop pregnancy?
Hello doc. I was 2 weeks pregnant. In scan they found only blighted ovum so doc advised me to abort is dat right decision? And I want to know whether it will affect in future for getting pregnant.
The summer heat can be unforgiving at times, especially with the humidity levels on the increase. As you sweat more in summers, water from the body is lost rapidly which may create complications if it is not replenished. Thus foods that contain more water should be emphasized on in hot weather to keep your body hydrated and healthy.
It is also recommended to keep meals light so as not to stress the digestive system too much. The meals that you may enjoy during the scorching summer can be any or all of the following. Read on:
- Fruit salad: Combine various fruits like mangoes, apples and grapes in a salad and eat it during your snack breaks. The fruits provide your body with various macronutrients that boost your immune system and also do not put much stress on the digestive system.
- Buttermilk: Buttermilk is a drink that is made from curd and various spices like curry leaves and cumin powder are added to it. The drink provides the body with calcium and soothes and boosts the digestive system to prevent various indigestion related problems. It has also been shown to reduce blood pressure and bad cholesterol levels in the body.
- Sattu: Sattu is made from roasted gram flour and is a very good source of protein and energy for the body. Sattu contains insoluble fibre which is good for your digestive system. It also helps in cooling the body from the summer heat and fortifies the body with various vitamins to keep you healthy.
- Chickpea salads: Chickpeas mixed with sliced cucumber, onions and various spices can make a wonderful salad for the summer season. Add a tinge of lemon juice to the mix and throw in some diced cheese to make it more satiating. Chickpeas are a good source of protein and manganese which are beneficial for that are beneficial for the body.
- Stir fried vegetables: Vegetables are a good source of fibre and various vitamins which are essential for a healthy body. They do not contain much calories so you may eat them guilt free. You may also pair them with brown rice to add some complex carbohydrates to the mix. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
What is PCOD?
PCOD or Polycystic Ovarian Disease is a disorder that causes innumerable hormonal disorders. It causes disruption in the normal menstrual cycle, often delaying it. Having been diagnosed with PCOD makes a woman prone to diabetes, cholesterol and cancer. A large number of cysts develop on the ovaries which enlarge when afflicted by this condition. PCOD can increase the chances of severe muscle spasms during one’s periods.
Causes Of PCOD-
The cysts are mostly caused due to hormonal changes and fluctuations.
It could be genetic.
PCOD can also be a result of an unhealthy lifestyle that includes little rest, inadequate sleep and unwholesome diet lacking in the right nutrients.
Symptoms Of PCOD-
Excessive growth of facial hair
Difficulty in losing weight
Excessive hair on body as well, including chest, stomach and back
Irregular menstrual cycle. Women may miss their periods, or bleed more than once a month
Extremely heavy bleeding
Severe pain and muscular cramps during menstruation
Problems getting pregnant
Other serious hormonal disorders
It can lead to diabetes
It can lead to repeated miscarriages
A major risk of PCOD if left untreated, is that it can lead to endometrial cancer
Diet For PCOD-
A healthy diet along with physical activities and abstinence from smoking can help to reduce the symptoms of PCOD and prevent the disease.
Increase the intake of fresh, green vegetables.
Cutting down on junk, fried food and most importantly, processed food.
Abstaining from or greatly reducing the intake of alcohol.
Including lots of fibre, roughage in the diet.
Cutting down on sugary, aerated drinks.
Including lean proteins in the diet.
Reduce dairy products as milk may raise the levels of testosterones in the body.
Reducing or eliminating consumption of caffeine may help to increase chances of a fertile reproductive system.
Prevent yourself from giving in to unhealthy food cravings. Eat small healthy meals at regular intervals.
Include fruits, nuts and colourful veggies in your diet.