Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Chaku GorgeYour feedback matters!
I am 47 years old & having problem of acidity & cough from last 4 years. Have alcohol two times in a week.
Mere bhanjiko 9 salse sinus ka problem hai. Ek bar operation bhi hogaya. Abhibi 3-4 salse bahut jada hogaya. Scan nikalata .polips hai. Aur homeopath ka treatment chalu hai. Doctor firse operation karneko bolraha hai. Kya karu.
Sir I lives in hyderabad I am suffering from critical chest pain. It is happening when upper body portion moves or bends down. Why it is happening. I am also suffering from sinus infection and liver infection. Is this chest pain is due to these problems and sir please tell me, first kis problem ka treatment karaun. Thank you sir.
I am frequently bogged down by Sneezing from nose as I wake up in morning and feels like blocked nostril on one side occasionally, Please help me get over this problem as I had been a patient of Sinusitis 4-5 years back.
I am having a cough from the past 15 days maybe due to climate change, I have no fever no other symptoms but just cough & I took few medicines & syrups but not that well treated. During coughing the cough is thick saliva, how to treat it.
Tonsillitis, in the easiest terms, is the swelling of tonsils in our throat that is accompanied by symptoms like throat pain, difficulty in swallowing/ drinking, altered voice and fever etc.
As in the case of most infections, the occurrence of tonsillitis is more common in children due to relatively lower immunity and habits that invite infections. Let's take a look at the first line of defence when you have a cranky child with swollen tonsils.
1. Make your child gargle with salty warm water: This treatment is most helpful in any infection in the mouth. Add half teaspoonful of salt to a glass of warm water and make the child gargle with the mixture as many times in the day as possible (to a maximum of 5 times). Continue till the condition prevails. Gargles difficult in children below 10yrs, but one can try gargles in older children. Make sure the child spits out the water and not drinks it.
2. Antibiotics: Consult a child specialist or pediatrician in case throat pain and fever doesn't settle, inspite of home remedies and let your doctor decide if antibiotics are required, rather than going for self medication as it have side effects.
3. Painkiller/numbing lozenges: Painkillers that are prescribed by the doctor can be given to ease the pain. Same is the case with lozenges but care should be taken that he/she should not have too many of these.
4. Allow him/her to take rest: It does help in a betterment of the condition!
5. Give warm (not hot) soothing food: Soup, ginger honey mixture, ginger tea can help soothe the inflamed tonsils in most cases. The condition, more often than not, gets better within 7-10 days. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.