Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Chakraborty Arijit
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Chakraborty ArijitYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am a 25 year old male and I am suffering from rosacea. For that my nose size is too big please suggest.
Hearing is an essential process in everyone's life. Be it your social life or professional activities, hearing influences every aspect of your life. You can thus, never ignore the health of your ears to enjoy a healthy life. But there are several hindrances to obstruct effective hearing. One of the problems is the accumulation of a natural substance called cerumen produced by the glands present in the ear canal. The accumulated cerumen is medically referred to as Earwax. Over production of cerumen is mainly triggered by the deficiency of Omega-3 fatty acids, zinc and magnesium.
The basic function of the wax is to protect the ear canal from invasion by foreign particles like bacteria and dust particles. This is necessary for the smooth functioning of the ear and its protection from invaders. However, it becomes an irritating problem when the earwax is produced in excess. The problem aggravates when the ear canal is blocked due to accumulation of earwax. In such cases, we use certain objects such as bobby pins, Q-tips or cotton swabs to clean the accumulated earwax from the ear canal. What we do not realise is that pricking the wax using these objects can sometime cause significant damage to the ear. These objects push the wax deep inside the canal, leading to blockage.
The most common symptoms of excessive earwax are as follows:
- Developing a fullness feeling in the ears
- Loss of hearing on temporary basis
- Noises inside the ear
Here are the preventive measures to remove ear wax blockage:
- In order to prevent blockage of ear wax, try keeping it moist by frequently running water into your ear while taking a bath. This will prevent the ear wax from getting dried up so that it doesn’t get blocked in the ear canal. Make sure, you drain the water from the ear after running it for some time.
- Don’t use any pointed objects inside the ears as it can cause ear infection while pushing the wax deeper.
- Avoid inserting cotton swabs or ear buds into the ear canal. You can use them to remove exposed ear wax at the ear opening, but don’t push them deep inside the ear canal. It can push the excess ear wax inside the ear canal, thereby resulting in to an impact.
- Don’t use candle ear wax remover. Ear candles are another method to remove ear wax, but it can be really dangerous as you need to hold the lighted candle very close to your ear. It can even burn your ear.
- Don’t use cold water or a strong jet to drain out the excess ear wax. Strong jet can lead to the damage of the ear drum while cold water may result into dizziness.
- Avoid using any other method to remove ear wax at home, such as suction.
- Don’t use any type of acidic liquid in order to soften the ear wax.
- Omega 3 fatty acids are good for mitigating the problem of ear wax. So, include walnuts, avocados, salmon, albacore and ground flax seed in your diet.
- Consult a doctor if the problem persists even after using home remedies. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
I am suffering from depression for the last 15 years. I was undergoing treatment in our hospital. After coming to kerala I am under the treatment of doctor from pushpagiri medical college, tiruvalla, kerala. Here they have changed the medicine and I am suffering from side effect of the medicine like dry mouth, throat infection, digestion problem etc.
Me out of delhi gyi thi waha ja kr masti krne main shout karne main awaz bht jyada heavy ho gyi hai original voice se bilkul change ho gyi hai to me aisa kya kru jisse ki me voice thk ho jaye aur original voice main aa jaye aur aisa about 3 weeks se ho rha hai so please hlp me.
I am feeling discomfort in my treat normally like sore treat and treat is covered with mucus what is the problem I am facing. One day I noticed some blood in my mucus I have tonsil stones too. Please help me by giving good feedback.
I have ear problem and some sound like peeeeee is coming continuously and I do not have pain in it but that sound is so irritating.
Hi doctors my whole body feel light. Mostly my head. And pounding heart. All my test is good. My throat pain as well. What's the cause?
I'm 36 years old diabetic man having cough problems 3-4 times a year. It starts with sore throat and continue with heavy cough and didn't get running nose. Every time I used to take a prescription of antibiotics plus erthryomicin. Now this is too effective. It seems all cough is sticked inside me. Very low amounts of cough comes outside. Tell me any effective medicine course to come out of this problem.
Balance disorders are a combination of physiological factors that can make you feel unsteady or dizzy. While sitting, standing or lying down, you may feel as if you are floating, moving, or spinning and you may feel dizzy and dazed for the time being. This disorder can intervene in your daily activities of life, and can even lead to falls and accidents, which may cause you to end up with fractures and other types of injuries.
What causes balance disorder?
A combination and coordination of many body systems such as muscles, bones, vision, the balancing organ within the ear, heart and nerves help maintain normal balance. Dysfunction of these systems can lead you to encounter balance problems. Balance disorders can be caused by many types of conditions.
Some of the causes of the disorder are:
Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV): This occurs due to dislodged or displaced calcium crystals in the inner ear, which help you maintain balance. It is the most commonly found cause of vertigo. A spinning sensation while turning in bed is a common sign.
- Migraines: Migraines are a general cause of dizziness. Sensitivity to motion can also be caused by migraines. It can also lead to motion sickness, which is dizziness experienced when traveling in boats, cars or airplanes.
- Head injury: A severe concussion can also cause vertigo.
- Ramsay Hunt syndrome: Commonly known as zoster otitis, this condition affects the nerves close to the ears. It can be attributed to hearing loss, vertigo and pain in the ear.
- Vestibular problems and nerve damage: Damaged nerves in the legs can cause difficulty in movement and locomotion. Abnormalities and dysfunctions in the inner ear can lead to a sensation of dizziness and a heavy head.
How do you know if you have balance disorder?
Some of the characteristic symptoms of this condition include:
- Blurred vision
- Nausea and vomiting
- Blood pressure
- Depression and anxiety
- Psychological disorientation
- Fluctuations in blood pressure and heart rate
Related Tip: Why Do You Get an EAR Discharge?